Dun Farmin is Kiwi owned and Operated. Perfectly situated in the centre of Ngunguru,within walking distance of the Beach and the local Store and Eateries
The guest quarters are sparklingly modern and furnished in warm cosy colours. The large living and dinning area includes a well-equipped kitchenette with refrigerator and microwave.
You may choose to relax on the adjoining terrace after a long day at the beach and enjoy a B.B.Q. Your boat can be parked on the property if you wish and we have storage space for diving and fishing equipment.
Your hosts are proud to offer you the 'Bear Room', with a Queen size bed. Your room also contains its own flat screen T.V. with Freeview and ample wardrode space. The 'Bear Room' shared bathroom with The 'Dog Room.'
We also have an additional two rooms, 'Cow Room' and 'Dog Room.' Please see my other listings on Airbnb if you are interested in these options.
Tutukaka Coast is one the most popular marine playgrounds in New Zealand and visitors come from all over the world for its fishing and diving.
Beautiful Ngunguru, at the mouth of the Ngunguru River,
is only 30 minutes from Whangarei, but is the gateway
to the Tutukaka Coast.
Within walking distance of shops, food and the beach, Dun Farmin is only a three mimutes drive from Tutukaka Marina and its attractions - from delicious dining at Schanappa Rock cafe to the ocean adventures offered by DiveTutukaka or the Deep Sea Anglers Club. Drive for ten minutes more through breathtaking scenery and you come to gorgeous Matapouri and Sandy Bay.
Things To Do
• Superb big game fishing from Tutukaka
• Dive or snorkel at the famous Poor Knights Islands Marine Reserve and the "Twin Wrecks", the sunken frigates Tui and Waikato
• Surf at Sandy Bay
• Expore the Ngunguru River on Captain Percy's
• Historic River Cruise
• Horse riding and natural horsemanship with Koru Creek
• Tennis, golf, bowls and petanque at the Ngunguru Sports Complex
• Walk the track to the Tutukaka Lighthouse, or take a picnic on the "round the bays" walk from Ngunguru to
• Whangaumu [Wellington's Bay ]
• Visit the grant kauri, Tane Moana, on the walking track between
• Ngunguru and Matapouri
• Bask and swim on the stunning beaches for which the region is famous come to gorgeous Matapouri and Sandy Bay.
.On the Te Araroa Trail into Ngunguru
• Hikers & Trampers welcome.
Multi USB chargers available
Can have own bathroom, or share with Dog room if staying with family, Can do laundry
Dennis and Janis were incredibly gracious hosts. They have a beautiful home, and the town of Ngunguru itself is the perfect place for a peaceful getaway. Thanks to the materials in their common area we were able to find a walk in nearby Matapouri that we very much enjoyed - Dennis and Janis even allowed us to leave our bags behind to do the walk the day we were to check out, so that we didn't have to worry about leaving them in our vehicle. Overall a great experience!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT