About this listing
Located on a quiet street, in a spacious apartment which boasts lovely period features, the Cute Suite sleeps 2. Just blocks from Las Ramblas, in the surrounding area you'll find yummie restaurants and cafes, as well as shops and museums.
A cosy, quiet bedroom with a queen size bed (1.40m x 2.00m) and a wardrobe to store your garments, plus a small sitting/study room with a writing desk and set of table and chairs.
It is superbly located on a quiet pedestrian street in a beautiful part of the Old Town, at a stone's throw from Las Ramblas.
Suitable both for couples or single users.
Clean bedding and towels are provided.
Gay and straight friendly.
A spacious 3rd floor apartment (accessible by a comfortable staircase or a lift) in a historical building that was constructed in 1910. Not long ago, the exterior was restored beautifully and the building is well maintained.
You are welcome to join me in the lounge and make use of the dining room.
WiFi internet is available at no extra cost, for use with your own computer, tablet or smart phone.
Shared, spacious bathroom with shower and ample storage space for your products. The WC is separate.
You are welcome to make your own breakfast or snacks in the kitchen, although there are cool cafes just doors away that serve good coffee and yummie food - I'll be more than happy to direct you to the best ones.
If you are staying at the Cute Suite for more than 10 days I will happily do your laundry for you. Not staying that long and need to wash your clothes? There is a laundromat just one street away. I'll gladly point you in the right direction!
Interaction with Guests
FEEL AT HOME
My guests are welcome to come and go as they please and are given a set of keys, so they can do just that.
If you fancy a chat, want information or need recommendations, then please feel free to let me know. I love Barcelona and know my way around, so I'm sure I'll be able to offer some suggestions!
I am a sociable person and like getting to know my guests. But I am also very good at giving you lots of space and will leave the amount of contact you wish to have up to you.
The Raval is mostly a warren of small streets and multicultural inhabitants, but there is an area, close to Plaça Catalunya, that is tranquil, residential, leafy, beautiful and very pleasant. It was built in the Ensanche style and has a relaxed ambience, numerous cafe terraces and delicious restaurants. Cute shops abound and the MACBA and CCCB are practically around the corner.
The Cute Suite is in a very central location, so most tourist attractions are within walking distance. If you want to go a little further afield and don't like walking so much, there are heaps of options available in the form of public transport, including bike rentals, metro, buses and of course (inexpensive) taxis. The harbour is a short taxi-ride away (or a 20 min walk), so this location is also very convenient for 'pre/post-cruise-ship' accommodation.
Should you have a car, there are several underground Car Parks close by.
Let me know how you are arriving and I will provide you with the quickest and most cost-effective and comfortable route to your home away from home. I look forward to welcoming you here soon!
Other Things to Note
Filled with character and authentic details, such as the traditionally Catalan mosaic floors and moldings on the high ceilings, my home is slowly being restored. I do this myself (mostly), bit by bit.
Don't let this put you off! I don't DIY all the time - far from it - plus, I live here myself, and I keep it clean and tidy, even if certain areas are a work in progress...
During your stay I will try not to bother you with dust or noise, and if works are on-going I will be sure to let you know in advance. In any event, your rooms, as well as the kitchen and bathroom are in full working order and freshly painted.
* I am friendly, tolerant, and very respectful of your privacy, and welcome guests who are the same.
* Check-in time is after 1pm and check-out at 11am, though I can be more flexible if I do not have guests immediately before/after you. You are always welcome to leave your luggage before check-in and/or after check-out.
* Please make sure to let me know at what time I can expect you so I can plan my day and be around to welcome you.
* Please do not invite strangers back to the apartment, for your safety and mine. There are plenty of cool bars and cafes nearby to meet new friends.
* My home is a non smoking zone, as I suffer from Asthma, so please be respectful of this, and do not smoke anywhere in my home (not even the balconies)
* Bathroom towels are provided - please do not use them to remove your make up, or take them with you to the beach.
* You are welcome to use the kitchen for breakfast, sandwiches, and snacks, and you may use the microwave and the toaster oven. Space is available in the cupboards and fridge for your breakfast/sandwich items.
* Guests who stay more than 10 nights are welcome to do their laundry here. Otherwise, I'll guide you to the nearest laundromat.
* Please carefully read the description provided so you know what to expect upon arrival.
Please make sure to check availability by clicking on the calender link. Bookings are only accepted through the AirBnB website. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you require any additional information or have any special requirements or questions.
About the Host, Lisette
Hi! I'm a friendly and tranquil person, and will do my best to make you feel welcome during your stay.
Passionate about food, art and architecture, I'm knowledgeable about this wonderful city, and able to provide you with helpful tips as well as direct you to the museums, restaurants, bars, nightlife, etc. that might be of interest to you.
You should have no problem communicating with me, for I speak fluent English, Spanish and Dutch, as well as some German, French, Catalan and a smattering of Italian. Should these prove insufficient, there's always hands and feet! ;)