About this listing
Posh spot next to Central Park, 5-star hotels, Apple Store, luxury 5th Avenue and 57th Street shopping, and walking distance to Times Square, MoMA, Carnegie Hall, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Radio City and multiple subway and bus lines
Sitting room has microwave, toaster, coffee maker, mini-fridge, folding-leaf dining table, 2 arm chairs, 3 folding TV tables, cabinets/shelves and large closet.
**Jan/Feb: $160/night, $1075/week, $3000/mo **
**Always Discount available for week or longer**
- 1BR plus sitting room suite/separate apartment, full bath, own entrance
- 16th floor in very safe full-service luxury doorman elevator building
- 35th floor roof deck with breath-taking views
- large laundry room in basement
- 1 block from Central Park and steps from Fifth Avenue shopping (Apple Store, Bergdorf Goodman, Henri Bendel, etc) and 57th Street shops (Tiffany, Harry Winston, Chanel, Prada, Dior, Louis Vuitton, Bulgari, etc)
- Walking distance to many sights:
- 2 minutes to Central Park!
- 15-20-minute walk to Times Square (and back to leave crowds and noise behind!)
- 25 minutes to walk to Empire State Building, Metropolitan Museum, Museum of Natural History
- 5-10 minutes to walk to Carnegie Hall, The Museum of Modern Art, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center
- Not far from Lincoln Center, Broadway shows, top NYC restaurants as well as many dining options in every price range, at all hours.
- 1-3 blocks from multiple subway and bus lines and within 1 mile of Penn Station, Port Authority Bus Terminal and Grand Central Station.
- Driveway in front of building for easy luggage loading/unloading, and garage in building (parking fees not included).
- 2 rooms: 1BR with full-size bed, flat-screen TV, wireless internet, central heat and air, empty built-in closet and drawers, desk and chair.
- Sitting room with couch/single bed and optional air mattress so can sleep 1-2 more, and ceiling fan, mini-fridge, microwave, toaster and coffee maker (no kitchen), large empty closet, shelves and cabinets, folding-leaf dining table, and 3 small folding tables, 2 armchairs.
- Full Bathroom with tub and shower, heat lamp, bright globe lighting and multiple mirrors, including full-length.
- All sheets, towels, pillows and quilts provided
- Hair dryer supplied and iron and baggage scale available
**Early check-in and late check-out always available, and bags can be stored prior to check-in or after check-out to accommodate travel schedule.**
**No cleaning fee charged - included in price**
**$100 cash security deposit due on arrival and returned on departure if no damage - really just an incentive to be careful with my stuff **
-$100 security deposit due on arrival, returned at check-out if no damage
-No unregistered guests allowed. Very secure building - the full names of all guests must be provided in advance.
-No loud parties or smoking or burning candles.
-If more than 2 guests/anyone using couch/bed and/or air mattress, notice must be given so additional bedding and towels are provided - no sleeping on couch without sheets.
-Please hang wet towels rather than leave on bed, furniture or carpets. (I know I sound like the mother I am! Now if only my husband and son would follow these rules . . . )
From Dec 01, 2015 - Feb 28, 2016 the minimum stay is 4 nights.
Bedroom has full-size firm mattress, ample built-in closet space and drawers, desk and chair and flat screen TV (no longer the large one in photo)
Page was very accommodating with our late check-out request, our lack of umbrellas and phone adapters, etc. Most of our problems were sorted out super-fast.
The location of the apartment is excellent.
El trato de Page es estupendo, siempre esta pendiente de que la estadía sea lo mejor posible. Nos recibió de manera muy cálida y nos explico y mostró todo en el departamento. El lugar tiene todo lo necesario para pasar unos días bastante cómodos y si hace falta algo ️puedes pedirlo a Page con toda confianza. La ubicación es estupenda, inmejorable diría yo, puedes ir caminando a muchos de los sitios de interés cono museos, tiendas, teatros y el mismo time square y tienes 2 o 3 líneas del metro bastante cerca. Recomiendo ampliamente el lugar para todo tiempo de viajero. Si pudiera describir el departamento con una palabra seria: ubicacion!
Page ist die perfekte Gastgeberin: sie hat uns die nötige Privatsphäre gegeben und war trotzdem immer für uns da, wenn wir Fragen hatten oder Hilfe benötigten. Im Vorfeld hat die Kommunikation ebenfalls sehr gut funktioniert. Das Apartment war so wie beschrieben, sauber und zu dritt hatten wir genug Platz. Die Lage ist einfach super. Viele Sehenswürdigkeiten sind zu Fuß zu erreichen und der Central Park ist direkt um die Ecke! Mehrere Subway-Stationen sind auch in der Nähe. Einfach klasse, um von dort aus New York zu erkunden. Wir haben uns dort sehr wohl gefühlt und würden diese Unterkunft definitiv noch mal buchen. Sehr empfehlenswert!
We couldn't have asked for a better New York experience!
Page is a gracious and very hospitable host, incredibly helpful and thoughtful, particularly as we were traveling with our infant son. She was easy to be in contact with should we require help or advice, but certainly left us to our own devices.
The apartment was very clean and as described in the listing, the TV was HUGE, bed was comfy, Internet reliable and we felt safe in the apartment and neighbourhood. The location was second to none, we walked everyday in Central Park, could catch the subway from multiple nearby locations giving us great access to the rest of the city, and nearby restaurants were delicious.
Would definitely recommend Page and her apartment to anyone looking for a great location, and a relaxed and friendly New York airbnb!
Just spent 2 weeks at Page's place for Xmas and New Year. The suite is lovely and a terrific location near The Plaza Hotel and Central Park. Page was the perfect host and looked after us really well including a champagne on New Year's Eve before going to the rooftop of the building to watch the fireworks in Central Park. Our Xmas and New Year in New York was an amazing experience we will always remember.
Page's apartment was perfect for my daughter and myself. We were there for six days the week of Thanksgiving 2014. Page is very easy to work with....very accommodating. Communication before, during and after was great. I would say the location of the apartment is the best feature. We could walk to almost anything, and if we couldn't there was a subway stop around the corner. Tons nearby....restaurants, grocery store, etc... We definitely recommend Page's apartment!
Page has a great location, just a block from Central Park, and walking distance to many places in midtown. The apartment is safe, with a nice simple set-up. It's not equipped with a kitchenette, so don't plan to make meals there, but there is a fridge, coffee maker, plates and basic cutlery so you can bring back take-out meals. Above all, Page is very warm, friendly and helpful. Good value for money - I'd stay there again if I go back to NYC.
About the Host, Page
I am a former lawyer, French major at Princeton, wife of an international businessman, world traveler and native Manhattanite who is addicted to crime novels. I am renting out a separate/attached/private unit, leaving you full independence with a separate entrance and total privacy, but available in the apartment next door for helpful tips about NYC.