* Hello, I have provided a very detailed description below and photos above. I hope you find the information useful and It will help you plan your trip. Would you like to visit? Then please click on the "Contact Me" button to request a reservation or notify me of any special circumstances prior to booking. I would love to learn a bit more about you and your visit! Please share: Estimated Arrival time & what brings you to the city.
The room is exactly as you see it in the pictures above. I often joke about a young half deaf "special" neighbor downstairs who plays music very loud and you will definitely hear his merengue. Laughing? Good, I got your attention with my humor and low price that will help you save money on your trip to New York City.
So this is your trade off: Save a lot more money but be ready to use the free ear plugs l provide. Hopefully you will come home from seeing all the sights and attractions from New York City that you'll sleep through any loud neighbor (hey this is New York and we live in apartments with paper thin walls, you might rent another more expensive apartment and get another "deaf" neighbor playing rap/rock n' roll, etc. I've stayed at 4 star hotels with noisy neighbors and paid $300/night ).
Location: Inwood/Washington Heights near 200th Street and Broadway at the Northern tip of Manhattan. Inwood Hill Park and Fort Tryon Park with the Cloisters Museum are nearby. There are 2 subway/metro lines just 2 city blocks from the apartment: "A" express and "1" local trains that take you to midtown Manhattan in 30 to 45 minutes. Subway/train fare is $2.50 per ride anywhere in the city. The subway is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. To better plan your trip, you can use a search engine or hopstop to calculate your estimated travel times to your specific downtown destinations. Once you book, Airbnb gives you the specific address/my contact information and I provide you with directions to my place.
By booking my listing you can expect the following:
-a private bedroom in a 3 story walk-up (no elevator)
-1 key to enter the apartment and 1 key to lock your room
-a bed that sleeps two people
-towels and linens for your bed
-a large two-door empty closet with hangers for your belongings
You will also have access/share these:
Local Area pluses:
-a local commercial strip with supermarkets (including a 24 hour supermarket), Starbucks Coffee, laundromat, dry cleaners, restaurants, pharmacies, department stores, bars (including a new Gay Bar).
-most things costs less in my neighborhood than they would in midtown (you can save a lot in meals and groceries)
-Safety: the room is located near a commercial district in a working class neighborhood, you always have people around you even late at night making it safe at all times
1. The listing is for 1 room in the apartment, NOT an entire studio or apartment for yourselves. I have two other private rooms listed on airbnb. This means that if the other rooms are booked the kitchen and bath are shared (with 1-3 people...students, professionals, artists on sabatical and fellow travelers).
2. As you have read in my listing the apartment is in a working class neighborhood. It is culturally and racially diverse.
3. Many of my neighbors speak English with an accent and most are 1st and 2nd generation Spanish speaking immigrants who still prepare most of their meals at home (you may smell what is cooking, lol) and some of my young neighbors play music loudly--earplugs available ;)
4. The building is over 100 years old and 5 stories tall...So if you are looking for modern skyscraper building..this is not it.
5. But, most importantly, especially in the summer and as our NYC days warm up; in Spanish cultures, it is traditional for families to spent hot days outdoors in portable chairs. Some people are not accustomed to returning home and seeing literally 100 people on the sidewalk: children playing, older men playing dominoes, grandmothers gossiping, teenagers walking around, etc. One benefit is that you feel safe with so many people on the street.
Pricing: So, you can save money by booking really far away from the city in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, New Jersey ($25-$50) or spend a lot more money booking a listing in midtown or just book my room as a nice compromise between cost, distance and convenience. If you look hard, you may find a hostel for under $50 but you end up sharing a room with 5 or 10 people with absolutely no privacy, while booking my room means YOU SHARE YOUR ROOM WITH NO ONE (note: you obviously share the kitchen and bathroom).
I don't ask for references, resume, school grades, financial statements, security deposits, etc. You'll get your own key. I don't discriminate by sex, age, or race-- just don't destroy my place. As your host, I will make sure you get any information you need to enjoy your trip, and that your stay is comfortable!
**Dear European travelers, I will be traveling to Europe soon (using AirBnB) and would love to save money for myself and you by exchanging dollars for euros at the market rate to avoid all those fees that exchange companies charge at the airport. Notify me if interested**
All that said, I have welcomed dozens and dozens of happy travelers and I will be happy to meet you! Happy planning, Happy travels and Happy airbnb-ing!
La experiencia en el departamento de Rosa fue muy agradable, sentimos que estábamos en nuestra propia casa, todo estaba muy limpio, las recamaras, las sabanas, toallas, la cocina, el baño. El trato de Rosa fue muy amable, y sobre todo al final de nuestro viaje que nos cancelaron el vuelo por la nevada y Rosa nos recibió amablemente por otra noche.
Great time with Rosa. She was very friendly, the apartment was in a good location along the A line. Enjoyable experience and would stay there again!
Had a great time in New York. Rosa was a very very nice and helpful girl, even with our late arrival she was still there to give us the key and tell us everything we need to know about the city. We would highly recommend anyone to stay here!!!
Rosa was extremely helpful and professional. She walked us through the apartment and showed us where everything we'd need was. She even showed us where to pick up groceries and good places to eat down the street. Very kind. Would definitely stay here again.
Nous avons été très bien accueillis par Rosa, même si le check-in peut paraître tard, attention à la sortie des bureaux pour le métro ^^
Le quartier est, certes, loin du centre, mais malgré un premier abord un peu louche, niveau sécurité rien à redire. Etant partis à 4h30 un dimanche matin, pas eu le moindre signe d'ennuis à l'horizon.
Un petit "reproche" que l'on pourrait faire, les photos donnent une impression d'une chambre plus grande, mais celle-ci reste confortable et suffisamment grande pour deux avec toutes les bagages.
Hemos pasado seis noches en el apartamento de Rosa y hemos estado muy cómodos y tranquilos. Durante nuestra estancia sólo nos hemos cruzado un día con otra inquilina pero no hemos tenido ningún problema con el baño ni la cocina. El apartamento, aunque viejo, está limpio y Rosa nos ha atendido muy bien. Está cerca de la linea A de metro y no hemos tenido problemas de ruido con los vecinos por lo que os lo recomendamos totalmente!!
Rosa was a very responsible and friendly host. She made sure to have all the bases covered when it came to instructions and helpful tips. The room was quiet and comfortable, and in general the place was in great shape.
The reservation was canceled 2 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
We just got back from our first trip to New York. The accomodation was exactly how it looked in the picture. Basic but clean and plenty of room for 2 in the double room. Safe area and never felt unsafe on the subway at night. Slightly far out when you're waiting for subway on the weekend but weekdays were fine, as it runs more efficiently.Rosa was informative and helpful, however was sick when we arrived, so we didn't want to keep her too long "giving the New York" reviews.....so we didn't have any contact with her apart from our initial meeting. A very easy city to get around! WE LOVE NYC!
I with my friends had a great time staying in Rosa's apartment! Rosa was very hospitable we've found everything we needed for the first time. Neighbourhood was safety, subway was just in two steps from our place of living. Thanks you a lot, Rosa!