About this listing
Master bedroom in a charming Victorian century home across from the Art Gallery of Ontario.
A spacious light-filled master bedroom on the second floor of a row house in downtown Toronto across from the Art Gallery of Ontario and the Grange Park. High ceilings, early 20th century home.
Upstairs you find your room with a queen size bed with duck down duvet and egyptian cotton sheets. Down the hall there is a large 4 piece bathroom including a shower and an antique claw foot tub. Next to it is a 2 piece bathroom. Both bathrooms are shared. The bigger bathroom is mostly for your use. The hosts only use the bigger bathroom for showers in the morning.
This is a fantastic location with a WalkScore of 99 making this a Walker's Paradise.
Walk to Chinatown, Kensington Market, Baldwin Village for great dining, Queen West for boutiques and bars, galleries and plenty of restaurants.
There's a bike rental station within a one minute walk from the house.
Parking is available on the street. Temporary permit must be purchased online prior to arrival. $10 for 24 hours. $14 for 48 hours. Note that permits are purchased through the City of Toronto and availability cannot be guaranteed.
- guest passes to the Art Gallery of Ontario including free admission to the special exhibits, subject to availability (weekends only)
- access to unlimited wifi internet (100 mbps download)
- a large screen TV in the living room with Netflix and AppleTV
- every morning: french press organic coffee, tea, toast, cereal, fruit
- towels provided
- clean yoga mat provided
Guests have access to the kitchen, living room, bathrooms, backyard.
Interaction with Guests
Most bookings me and my girlfriend Hailey are present at the house and available to help you get oriented with the city, get you tickets to the Art Gallery, recommend restaurants and so on.
Our neighbourhood is in our (very unbiased) opinion, the best in Toronto. Most everything is within walking distance of the house. We are as close to the downtown core as you can get, while still living on a tree-lined residential street. We know our neighbours and the street is an eclectic mix of young families, students, older long-time residents, and young professionals. We consider the neighbourhood to be friendly and safe, and relatively quiet considering our proximity to busy downtown streets. When we wish to relax, we picnic in Grange Park, located across the street.
The closest subway stop is St Patrick, about a 10 minute walk away.
Nearby streetcar stops:
- Dundas and Beverley, 2 min walk away, east-west line
- Spadina and Dundas, 5 min walk away, north-south line
- Queen and Beverley, 5 min walk away, east-west line
Getting here from Pearson Airport, there are at least 2 options:
1) TTC Bus #192 is easy to find. It is at terminal 3. You will see prominent signs. It is the cheapest way to get downtown at $3/person.
This TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) bus will take you to Kipling Station where you will transfer to the subway. Take the subway to St. George Station and transfer southbound. Get off at St. Patrick Station and walk west along Dundas Street until you reach Beverley. Turn left (south) and walk one block to Grange Avenue. The walk from the subway is very safe. You will pass a police station on Dundas.
2) Union-Pearson Express train costs about $27 with discounts available for students and seniors. Once you get to Union station, take the subway to St. Patrick station and walk west along Dundas Street until you reach Beverley. Turn left (south) and walk to Grange Ave. Turn right. The walk from the subway is very safe. You will pass a police station on Dundas.
3) Taxi. It's about $60 to get right to our door.
The subway does not run between 1:30am and 6:00am.
Other Things to Note
The cat on premise is a Russian Blue breed, known to be intelligent and playful.
She is a quiet outdoor cat and spends a lot of time either outdoors or sleeping. She loves guests.
Russian blues are known to be more hypoallergenic than other breeds.
Please take off your shoes in the front foyer. You'll see the shoe rack as you come in.
You're welcome to use any amenities of the house and free to come and go as you please. Please lock the front door each time you leave or return.
There is no smoking in the house and we are unable to accommodate guests travelling with pets at this time.