About This Listing
Best location in town!
GORGEOUS STUDIO APARTMENT (approx 500 square feet)
- Air conditioning/heating zoned for unit
- This space is a completely private apartment for guests; it is NOT a share.
Fully renovated, 3rd floor, 1 full bath, studio apartment with full size bed (stearns and foster mattress) located in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri.
Amazing location for those who are coming to Kansas City to shop, eat, and enjoy the city or for the business professional wanting something quiet and more like home. Although in a popular area for locals and tourists alike, this home and neighborhood is still very quiet while close to everything. Close to Historic Westport, as well as all the shops, restaurants, cafes and cultural attractions of The Plaza, Crown Center, The Crossroads District and Downtown.
- The security and privacy of a private entrance.
- Kitchen with refrigerator, range, toaster oven, and all kitchen supplies. No Microwave.
- TV with Digital Antennae channels (No Cable)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Clothes iron and ironing board
- Soap and shampoo
- All bedding and towels
- Tub/Shower and great water pressure.
- The "MAX" bus line only 4 blocks away.
- Regular bus route only 1 block away.
- Inexpensive taxis nearby.
RESTAURANTS (within a 5-10 minute walk)
- Everything imaginable....from fast food to local cafes to fine dining. Please ask for recommendations!
SHOPPING (within a 5-25 minute walk)
- The Country Club Plaza
- 39th Street Restaurant Row
- Westport Entertainment District
- Crown Center Shops
ENTERTAINMENT (within a 5-10 minute walk)
- Nelson-Atkins Musuem of Art
- Kemper Museum of Art
- Bloch Art Space
- Westport Enterntainment District
- Country Club Plaza Shopping and Enterntainment District
(5-10 minute drive)
- Crown Center Shopping and Entertainment
- The Crossroads District
- Union Station
- World War One Museum,
- 4 blocks from Natural Foods (organic grocery store) and Thriftway (traditional)
- No fee - but PLEASE clean up after yourself so I can keep the rates affordable.
- No smoking, no drugs ,no pets, no parties. Two people maximum.
- This apartment is on the 3rd floor with an exterior flight of stairs.
- In the basement. Just ask to use facilities.
The entire apartment, back porch, and side yard for throwing a frisbee!
Interaction with Guests
As much or as little interaction as you'd like. I have some guests I've never met just because our schedules didn't allow it. Other guests will visit and hang out with me on the back porch. If you're travelling solo - I'm always game to join you for drinks or dinner (we'll go dutch of course!) So really, it's totally up to the guest if they want company or not.
A few blocks away from the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority aka KCATA regular and MAX bus line stops/routes. Plenty of inexpensive taxis too.
No smoking of any kind - in or around property.
This is an older house (built in 1916) and although renovated, it still has squeeks and creaks so please step lightly - especially if you're coming/going very early in the morning or super late at night. Thank you!
No additional overnight guests without approval and additional guest fee.
Linda was fantastic!! Super accommodating and flexible with my arrival schedule. The apartment was spotless and so comfortable. Great location too!
Great stay. Very clean and the host was very nice. I will return!
Linda was great and very accommodating, Her Studio apartment was very clean and comfortable. It was perfect for our one night getaway to KC. I would stay again if I was ever in the area...not to far from Westport or the Plaza.
My boyfriend and I had a great weekend in KC. We arrived a little late in the evening when Linda wasn't home and left early in the morning to fit everything that we wanted to do in one day, but Linda was still prompt at answering messages as well as answering her phone. The location of the house was PERFECT for all that we wanted to do (Plaza, museums, Westport) so we loved that! The stairs are a little steep and so my fear of heights scared me a bit, but the loft was so cozy and cute. The bed was very comfortable and I appreciated that there were multiple outlets to plug up all of our devices as well as lots of sun light. Overall it was a really great experience!
About the Host, Linda
I'm a full-time Realtor and part-time Airbnb host. Whether you're sightseeing, on a business trip, or moving here ... consider me your personal local expert and friend in KC. I love sharing my local's knowledge and can clue you in to some of best coffee shops, museums, entertainment venues, day trips, etc.
I grew up around Kansas City and have also lived in CO, FL and Denmark. I love to travel and really enjoy meeting all my guests - from Wichita to Singapore!
Excellent cafeWarwick Boulevard Kansas City MO 64111
World-class museumOak Street Kansas City MO 64111-1873
One of kind shopping districtBroadway Street Kansas City MO 64112
where the young go at nightKC MO
Great walking trailBrookside Blvd KCMO MO