About this listing
A modern spacious house with creative luxury interior. Exquisite views of the mountains. In the heart of the Stellenbosch winelands in a multi-cultural neighbourhood. 2 minutes drive to the nearest shopping mall, 7 min from Stellenbosch town centre, 20 minutes from the beach, 25 minutes from Cape Town International Airport, 35 minutes from Cape Town. Perfect base from which to explore the region – best wines, restaurants, scenery and culture South Africa has to offer.
2 Bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. Large open plan kitchen, dining and living room. Barbecue facilities with large table on patio overlooking the mountains. Well-kept garden that attracts lovely local birds. Good security and alarm system. Wi-fi internet included. Weekly cleaning service.
Highlights of the area include:
– Several of the world's best wine estates within a 25km radius (there are at least 30 estates within a 10km radius!)
– At least 3 slow food weekend markets within a 10km radius
– 4 of the Top 10 restaurants* in South Africa are in Stellenbosch (4 more are in Cape Town/Franschhoek)
– Jonkershoek Nature Reserve: one of the most beautiful reserves in South Africa (15 minute drive away)
– Strawberry farms (our neighbourhood was originally part of a strawberry farm)
– The list goes on ... For more details about Stellenbosch, go to (website hidden)
*Eat Out Awards 2012
(Please note that (website hidden)'s Street View is very outdated and does not feature our home yet – we have only built it one year ago!)
Our neighbourhood is a perfect example of a well integrated South African community where people from different ethnic groups and social standing live together in harmony.
We chose to build our home in this suburb, because it reflects the true diverse nature of our country. For a slice of authentic South African culture, come stay for a few weeks in Jamestown – one of Stellenbosch's historic neighbourhoods.
Enjoy the view!
Mingle with the locals.
Explore the surroundings.
Have a glass of wine on the balcony at sunset.
Take a long bubble bath while staring at the mountains...
No smoking. No pets. No young children (sorry, we're still working on that one!)