This newly remodeled cottage sleeps 2 to 4 with a queen bed in the bedroom and a queen sleeper in the living room. Full service kitchen is available and the bathroom includes a tub for a relaxing soak after a day of hiking or cycling. Beautiful bamboo screening provides an added level of seclusion for those seeking a romantic get away. The views of the surrounding hills are majestic.
The cottage was constructed using sustainable, green materials: bamboo floors, recycled cabinets, green paints and stains. We offer network computer hookup through our internet service.
Its just minutes from San Luis Obispo and Avila Beach, but it feels like you've really escaped the stress of city life. We hope you choose Squire Oaks Cottage for your next getaway.
Squire Oaks Cottage is conveniently located near beautiful Avila Beach which offers a full spectrum of recreational activities including wine tasting, shopping, excellent restaurants, golf, fishing and whale watching charters, kayaking, swimming and just relaxing at the beach. We are 2 miles from two health spas and hot springs, Sycamore Mineral Springs and Avila Hot Springs which are both open to the public for hot spring soaking, therapeutic massage and recreational swimming.
We are 6 miles south of the city of San Luis Obispo which offers a variety of restaurants, live entertainment, shopping, and the world famous Thursday Night Farmers Market. For any travelers interested in CA's culture and history, we are within driving distance of several California Missions: San Luis Obispo, Santa Ynez, La Purisima, San Miguel and San Antonio.
Many people come to the Central Coast to visit the numerous wineries located in our area. We are centrally located to several wine tasting tours.
A three mile hiking trail is located right outside our door. Deer, foxes, and many bird species share the canyon with us, and can often be viewed while walking our local trails.
The weather in the canyon tends to be ideal. Its a great place to escape chilly coastal fog or searing heat of the inland valleys. Our high temperatures range from an average of 65 in the winter and 75 in the summer.
Squire Oaks Cottage offers visitors a blend of pastoral serenity with easy access to the all the city has to offer.
Thank you for choosing our home for your vacation. We hope that you have a pleasant stay.
No pets allowed please.
Please do not disturb the neighbors at 337.
1. Property. The property is located at:
__331 Squire Canyon Rd. San Luis Obispo CA 93401_____
The property is furnished and includes _linens, blankets, pillows for 2 beds, towels, refridgerator, stove, microwave, dishes for 6, flatware for 6, cuttlery,
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and the following persons:any other guests up to 4 people
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 4 persons.
4. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner..
8. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance. Below are some references you may contact to purchase such insurance:
The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the signatures set forth below.
[electronic or manual signature]:
Name (print)Name (print):
Phone # (during stay):Phone # (during stay):
1. Smoking is NOT allowed..
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Parking: Parking is limited to one vehicle. Your vehicle is to be parked in designated parking area only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
9. Quiet time: The cottage is on property shared with the owner. Please keep noise down to a minimum by 11pm.
10. Water and Septic: The cabin is on a well and septic system. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to __$500__.
11. Security Gate: We would appreciate your shutting the gate at night upon returning to the cottage. Deer have been known to help themselves to flowers and veggies if the gate is not shut after dark.
12. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. [rural roads can flood. Gravel drives are well maintained. We do not refund due to road conditions.]
Rental Agreement Checklist
Phone Number at Vacation Home
# of Guests Booked
Check-In Time, Date & Day of Week
Checkout Time, Date & Day of Week
Rate Change Provisions
Security Deposit Amount
Payment Schedule Including Dates
Balance Due Date
Payment Methods Accepted
Address to Mail Checks
Returned Check Fee
Instructions for Paying by CC
Credit Card Authorization
Name on Card
Credit Card Number
Type of Card
Reiterate Cancellation/Refund Policy
Signature with Date
Rental Restrictions (Age, Noise, etc.)
Checkout Policy (Keys, Cleaning, etc.)
Penalty for Late Checkout
Deposit Refund Policy (incl. deadline)
Written Exceptions Clause (if renter wishes to alter anything outlined in rental agreement)
Inclement Weather Policy
Use of/Access to Community Amenities
Homeowner or Property Manager Contact Info
Lisa's place is a wonderful quiet retreat but still close to San Luis Obispo and providing easy access on down to LA. We both slept very well in the country air and would have loved to be able to stay on a few days to really relax.
Lisa was prompt in communications and provided clear and simple instructions. The cottage is warm and has a good amount of space, including an office area which we found really helpful.
A great place to stay!
The location was a magical, peaceful area, far away enough from downtown that we could see the stars and enjoy the fresh air, but close enough via freeway that we could easily get groceries and quickly find things to do during the day :) Lisa was amazing in terms of communication, and the cabin was exactly as pictured and very clean. There were four of us total, and we used the bed and couch bed for sleeping.
A perfect house for a rustic weekend. We really enjoyed our stay in this well appointed house. Thank you for having us.
We had a great visit at Lisa's lovely cabin. Everything we needed was there - from a french press to extra blankets for a chilly night. We did not get to meet Lisa but enjoyed meeting her three cats! The property is so close to Avila Beach- we were visiting SLO but had to take advantage of all that Avila had to offer, since it was right there!
Location was convenient for our one day visit to SLO. Easy access to Cal Poly as well as local beaches.
I enjoy horseback riding and teach therapeutic horse back riding to people with disabilities. We love where we live and want to share our canyon with others.