About this listing
Relax in this charming, fully furnished, 1940s craftsman style two-story historic home. Take a short walk to Uptown Village for coffee, shopping, and restaurants.
Stay in this charming, fully furnished, 1940s craftsman style two-story historic home with 2 bedrooms, office, 1 bathroom, washer & dryer. Enjoy the English garden, fenced landscaped yard, fireplace (wood provided), skylights, covered porches, wi-fi, flat screen cable tvs, microwave, upright piano and free parking. If you have them, bring your kids and pets!
Please note there is an $80 cleaning fee to prepare the house for your arrival. For those with pets, an additional fee will apply.
Minutes from Downtown Vancouver and the Vancouver Amtrak Station. Fifteen minutes to Portland's Pearl District and other fun neighborhoods and attractions. Fifteen minutes to the Portland International Airport.
- Columbia River Gorge walkway
- McMenamins, the famous local brewery on the river
- Thai Orchid restaurant
- By the Bottle beer shop
- Bleu Door bakery
- Mon Ami Cafe (coffee and crepes)
- Old Ivy Brewery & Taproom
- La Bottega Italian restaurant and wine shop
- local farmers market
- downtown hotels
- Fed-Ex store.
Cool things to do:
- take a walk on the river
- visit Portland's Mississippi District, and Alberta Street Fair
- ride bikes to Vancouver Lake
- drive to Bonneville Hot Springs for a soak and wrap
- relax on the beach at Frenchman's Bar
- go to Portland's Saturday Market
- visit historic Fort Vancouver
- drive to Skamania Loge for Sunday Brunch
- walk around Portland's Pearl District on First Thursday
- check out Officer's Row (historic home of Ulysses S. Grant)
- workout or swim at the Marshall Recreation Center
- drive to Timberline Lodge and Mt. Hood
- spend the day at Canon Beach
- visit the Oregon wine country.
- Esther Short Park, the oldest park in the state of Washington; enjoy the bell tower, rose garden, Slocum House and the impressive fountain system.
- A farmers market (in the summer) and children's playground can also be found in this popular public park.
- Awe inspiring Multnomah Falls has many hiking areas.
- Explore world renowned WA and OR wineries.
- Discover breathtaking vistas at the protected National Scenic Area, Columbia River Gorge, a 4,000-ft. deep canyon that stretches for 80 miles forming the boundary between the state of Washington and Oregon.
- Go to Hood River to windsurf or watch!
- Witness the scenes and historical significance of an active volcano, Mount St. Helens.
Looking forward to your stay and sharing the best of the Northwest with you!
The rules are simple. Please treat the house like you would your own.
1. Take some time to relax and enjoy yourself.
2. No smoking.
3. No parties.
4. Please tidy up if you use the kitchen.
5. Please clean up after your pet.
6. If something gets damaged during your visit, please pay to replace or repair the item(s).
7. Let us know what we can do to make your stay fabulous.
The host has been such an excellent host thus far! My friends and I will actually be staying an additional month! The house is amazing! Tons of room, open space, lots of light, and beautifully decorated! Laying out on the hammock reading a book and enjoying the breeze is just the most tranquil and serene experience. Amazing sights and hikes are just a walk away along with the main town. Portland is a 15 minute drive and is such a fun city. They left all kinds of resources to use for finding great things to do in both Oregon and Washington. Their place is by far the most amazing place I've stayed on airbnb so far. Looking forward to the rest of the month!
I really enjoyed my stay at the perfect house! It was VERY clean and comfortable and the kitchen was well stocked with lots of gear for preparing meals. It is within walking distance to cafes and a great park that I brought my dog to everyday. There is a lovely hammock in the backyard, great for reading and lounging.
Overall, it was a great experience! :)
My friend Kate and I stayed here for a week and absolutely loved our experience! The house was perfect, it has everything you need and the location is ideal-walking distance to restaurants and uptown. One of the best airbnb experiences I've had! :)
The host was very kind and helpful. The house was how it was described. There was plenty of space in the house. The rooms were all very clean and spacious. The kitchen was clean with everything I needed and more. Having a washer and dryer in the house was very convenient too. I loved everything about this house. The location was perfect too. It was so close from the airport and only 15 minutes away from portland and other major attractions. I was very pleased with the quiet and clean house and neighborhood. The mattresses in the master bed was very soft and extremely comfortable. Even the dinning area and living room area was bigger than I expected. I am so glad I chose this house!! I would recommend this place to anyone!
The house was a great place for a family to stay at and the hosts were a pleasure to deal with. They met us at the house and were easy to reach when we had questions. The listing description was accurate and as first time AirBnB users the entire experience was even better than we expected. The house itself is very cozy and there is a patio as well as a lovely garden area to relax in. The neighborhood is safe and very nice. The house is a short walk away from Main Street which has a Starbucks and some cute cafés. There is a Walgreens within walking distance and Safeway is a short drive away. We would definitely come back and stay here again!
We (a married retired couple) stayed at this property for two months. The host was very gracious in allowing us to check in a bit early to support our schedule. While there were some minor maintenance issues to be dealt with during our lengthy stay, she always contacted us ahead of time to make sure our privacy would be respected. This large house really worked well for us as we had some family visiting during the holidays, and the location was perfect. We recommend this property and would be happy to stay here again.
Overall a great experience. The host was so accommodating in meeting me at the house, giving me the tour, showing me the quirks of an older house. Extremely convenient (1-2 blocks) from historic main street with awesome shops and restaurants! Subway and Starbucks and a great mexican restaurant just 2 blocks away. Walgreens and hardware store another block. Wells Fargo bank a few more blocks. Safe and very quiet neighborhood.
" Minor negative: the blankets were short and made for winter so I baked underneath the comforter blanket and my feet sometimes stuck out. Having some normal blankets available would go a long way to making for a more comfortable night's sleep. "
Was able to get a taxi ride from PDX to the house for $40 (price agreed upon in advance with the airport taxi van driver).
Love the neighborhood, so charming, quiet, safe, and so convenient!
This host has 96 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Paul
I look forward to helping people discover the best of Portland.
President of literacy curriculum and education improvement company that uses award winning children's literature to teach reading.