Enjoy the beautiful views from my Costa Rica home. Hear the macaws in the morning and chirps of frogs in the night. Located in a very quiet, SAFE, LOCAL costa rican neighborhood. It is a slice of wonderful only 1 1/2 hours from San Jose Airport.
The open jungle and pasture next to the house as you drive down the road and turn into the road leading to the house.
Enjoy the beautiful views from my Costa Rica home. Hear the macaws in the morning and chirps of frogs in the night. Located in a very quiet, SAFE, LOCAL costa rican neighborhood it is a authentic slice of wonderful in the jungle only 1 1/2 hours from the airport in San Jose. A zip line is just up the road from us. In the town of Herradura there are restaurants with inexpensive, typical Costa Rican food. The house is five minutes to the main highway where there is a brand new shopping center with an American type grocery store. In nearby Jaco there is a farmer's market weekly.
This house is a very open, airy design. It allows for the air to travel through it and cool you down. There are many fans and an air conditioner too! The kitchen seats 6 comfortably and is so fun to cook in if you're inspired to. It is 7 kilometers from the town of Jaco, however an easy bus ride, cab or drive to fun beach bars or a nice surf session.
The house is fully equipped with air conditioner, television, dvd player, stereo system, fans, refrigerator, stove, american style washer & dryer, custom furniture and cozy bed and couch. The upstairs bedroom was turned into a single room that is huge! Its tile and hardwood floors are truly one of kind and lovely. Bask in the quiet of the jungle from the safety of the mango, papaya and almond trees.
This house is perfect for a couples getaway, an adventurer, a student or a surfer. It is located a couple kilometers to the beach if you desire to play next to the ocean, surf or hang out with a rum & coke.
It is a surfer's paradise with a warm, consistent beach break in Jaco (10 Minutes) and the Big Waves of Playa Hermosa down the road (20 Minutes).
If fishing or golf is your game, are you in for a great time. Los Suenos marina and golf course (5 Minutes), a major commercial and sport fishing port that is just 3 kilometers away. Not only does it offer fishing, but has by far the best food on the beach in all of costa rica. Fresh from the ocean to your plate in a matter of hours. Pure bliss.
If you decide that you don't want to rent a car, the bus stop is a short walking distance down the road to get you around. You can also use the two bikes that i have at the house. One even has a holder for a surfboard.
Guests have access to internet, cable TV and a telephone. We also have a nice flat screen TV & stereo. We also have an american washer & dryer (a luxury in Costa Rica)
Interaction with Guests
We have a manager for our property, however, we are not present to personally welcome you.
The neighborhood is a local Costa Rican Tico neighborhood. There is the nicest people ever in the neighboring houses. The manager of the property lives across the street and his family is just lovely. The neighborhood is VERY SAFE. Our house is also gated, which is a nice feature. We are outside of bustling Jaco about 7KM and only 3KM away from the beach of Los Suenos (huzzah!). Great little places to eat and cafes close to the house. Nice and private!!
If you decide that you don't want to rent a car, the bus stop is 2KM away (less than a mile). You can also use the two bikes that i have at the house. One even has a holder for a surfboard.
You may also call a cab, which is a common way to get around the area as well.
Other Things to Note
Look at "Guidebook" on the first page of this listing in the upper right hand corner for things to do, places to eat or where to go to surf. :)
BIENVENIDOS A COSTA RICA
Whether this your first or final stop on your journey in our beautiful adopted country, we hope you enjoy your stay. We want you to take the time to enjoy the beauty and serenity of Costa Rica. Try and get to know a few of the people you meet, they are the main reason this is one of the happiest places on Earth. Our home is the product of our love for this country and we are happy to share it with you. We, of course, have house rules but they are based on respect, Respect for us, Respect for the environment and Respect for the next guests.
1. We do not give refunds if you decide to leave the home early. ☺
2. No smoking in the house. Please go outside. ☺
3. We want you to relax and have a good time but please no wild parties or destructive behavior in the house. ☺
4. Please do not take anything from the house. ☺
5.Trash days are Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please put trash out on the street in front of the house the night before. ☺
6. Feel free to use anything in the house but remember to pay it forward if you use the last of something. ☺
7. We don't suggest you drink the water. You will need to purchase water at the little store (Super L'Amistad) just down the street from the house. ☺
8. Check the gas in the tank for use with the stove. It must be hooked up and it will need to be turned on. If you run out of gas, it will easily be swapped out for another at Super L’Amistad (just down the street) You will need to bring the empty tank with you. If you need extra help, please go see the property Manager Jorge across the street, he can help. ☺
9. Be comfortable but don't overuse the air-conditioner, electricity is scarce and expensive. ☺
10. Please don’t leave food out, the ants will be all over it in minutes! ☺
11. If you have a pet, please pick up after it so others don’t step in icky. ☺
12. Please do not drag or move the furniture or anything else in the house. ☺
13. To get warm water in the shower, just turn the little knob on the showerhead for heat. ☺
14. Please feel free to use the bikes, there are two air pumps to use if the tires are low. Please lock them up if you go anywhere, you are responsible for their safety. ☺
15. The internet is on all the time and free to use without a password. If there is ever a problem, try to reset the router by the little button on it or unplugging for 30 seconds and then turning back on. ☺
16. To make long distance phone calls, there are phone cards for purchase at Super L’Amistad and most other convenience and grocery stores. ☺
17. When you check out please put your towels and sheets in the washer and turn it on. Do not move the hose that goes into the sink from the washer. It makes it malfunction. ☺
18. Upon leaving, please unhook the gas line from the stove and make sure it in the “off” position, close the windows, shut off all lights and fans, leave the bathroom door open for air circulation and put the keys back in the lock box on the gate. ☺
19. If you find the bike tires low and in need of air, there are two pumps (hand pump and electric) for you to use! ☺
Remember, take only photos and leave only memories and if you need any extra help or anything runs amok, feel free to talk with Jorge or Zoraida across the street.
Thank You- ☺
Jenna's home is just like the pictures, it was very very clean. The people in the whole neighborhood were very nice and pleasant. We barely were in the home since we were out from 10am-10pm. But was a joy to come to after an entire day & night of venturing out. When there do eat at the sodas, their food truly is amazing especially the fried chicken at the soda between the fruit stand and bakery. The best fried chicken ever. Also you can walk to the zip line thats by Super La Amistad the best experience ever. Also try the National Park Carara its alot closer than Manuel Antonio and get the guide Antonio he was the best guide ever and well worth $25 per person for 2 1/2 hrs. You can take the bus there which is $1 per person or a cab thats $20. You can also take a bus to Jaco that is 50 cents per person. I'm telling you that this was an amazing experience never again will we stay at a resort. When I come back I will stay at Jenna's house again hands down. Thank you Jenna your home was beautiful.
Jena was a great host. She was very prompt to respond to texts and phone calls to answer any questions had. The neighborhood is very safe feeling with lots of families about and kids playing in the area. The mini super/soda near by was delicious and had anything we needed without having to go too far. Her house was super pet friendly, which was hard to find. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would visit again.
This place is amazing. It's a piece of heaven in Herradura. The house is exactly as it appears on the pictures, it is equipped with everything you need to feel welcomed and in your own home. The neighborhood is very peaceful and safe. The place is near to Herradura Mall and beach and Jaco beach and stores. Lots of transportation options if you don't have a car. I liked it a lot and hope to visit again.
We had a wonderful stay at Jena's home. The neighborhood felt very safe, and we were a short distance from the more congested beach towns. We took the bus to Jaco and rented a scooter for the week. Do yourself a favor, and at least rent some motorized transportation. We managed to ride all the way to Manuel Antonio just fine.
I could not manage to inflate the bike tires in the house, but we quickly acquired alternative transportation.
Since she provides a washer/dryer, we were able to pack extremely light.
You definitely need to print Jena's directions. The flashing light is just before the Auto Mercado (the American style grocery store).
I would highly recommend this home for that region of Costa Rica.
The rental met the expectations of the photos. The neighborhood was great and we felt very safe. This was a rental for a spontaneous beach trip, so I didn't even give Jena a 24-hour notice, but she was able to rent me the property and finalize everything within a couple of hours. The only dissappointment was the grass was not cut, there were a few trash bags in the yard (probably from the former renters) and one of the bikes had a flat tire. Aside from that, the apartment was very clean and relaxing. The property manager Jorge was very helpful and available - right across the street!
Hi Anna! There is actually a hand pump as well as an electric pump at the house to fill the tires. I'm so sorry you found one flat :( but know that if you stay with us in the future there is a way to make it better. Thanks for bringing it to my attention and i'll make sure that the pumps are now mentioned in the tips section for the house. :)
Jena was a great host! She was extremely responsive and helpful, and Jorge across the street was there to assist when we arrived. The kitchen and dining area were beautiful, and the amenities were extremely reliable and appreciated. This location is ideal for people who would like to visit Jaco or Herradura while still being removed from the main drag. The neighborhood feels very authentic. The people were friendly, the easy-access to the beach was great, and it had convenient proximity to the highway. If you want to get a taste of the flavor of a vibrant, working Costa Rican community, this is a great place.
Jena's house is very special. It is filled with her grace and artistic sensibilities. It has the best kitchen that we have found in our six weeks in Costa Rica. However, it had no internet at all. Her neighbors were wonderful with their sharing of their password, but after two days of trying with excellent equipment, we gave up and moved on. If you don't need the net, it's great. The town, Herradura, did not have many places where we could connect either.