About this listing
Enjoy the beautiful views from my Costa Rica home. Hear the macaws in the morning and chirps of frogs in the night. Located in a very SAFE, LOCAL costa rican neighborhood. It is a slice of wonderful only 1 1/2 hours from San Jose Airport.
The open jungle and pasture next to the house as you drive down the road and turn into the road leading to the house.
Enjoy the beautiful views from my Costa Rica home. Hear the macaws in the morning and chirps of frogs in the night. Located in a very SAFE, LOCAL costa rican neighborhood, it is a authentic slice of wonderful in the jungle only 1 1/2 hours from the airport in San Jose. A zip line is just up the road from us. In the town of Herradura there are restaurants with inexpensive, typical Costa Rican food. The house is five minutes to the main highway where there is a brand new shopping center with an American type grocery store. In nearby Jaco there is a farmer's market weekly.
The house is a very open, airy design. It allows for the air to travel through it and cool you down. There is a ceiling fan upstairs and downstairs and an air conditioner too, along with standing fans. The kitchen seats 6 comfortably and is so fun to cook in if you're inspired to. It is 7 kilometers from the town of Jaco, however an easy bus ride, cab or drive to fun beach bars or a nice surf session.
The house is fully equipped with air conditioner, television, dvd player, stereo system, fans, refrigerator, stove, american style washer & dryer, custom furniture and cozy bed and couch. The upstairs bedroom was turned into a single room that is huge! Its tile and hardwood floors are truly one of kind and lovely. Bask in the quiet of the jungle from the safety of the mango, papaya and almond trees.
This house is perfect for a couples getaway, an adventurer, a student or a surfer. It is located a couple kilometers to the beach if you desire to play next to the ocean, surf or hang out with a rum & coke.
It is a surfer's paradise with a warm, consistent beach break in Jaco (10 Minutes) and the Big Waves of Playa Hermosa down the road (20 Minutes).
If fishing or golf is your game, are you in for a great time. Los Suenos marina and golf course (5 Minutes), a major commercial and sport fishing port that is just 3 kilometers away. Not only does it offer fishing, but has by far the best food on the beach in all of costa rica. Fresh from the ocean to your plate in a matter of hours. Pure bliss.
If you decide that you don't want to rent a car, the bus stop is a short walking distance down the road to get you around. You can also use the two bikes that i have at the house. One even has a holder for a surfboard.
If you're looking for a 5-star hotel experience with flawless stay and concierge service, we are not the place for you. It's Costa Rica, which is still a developing country. It takes longer for things to get done. Unexpected things happen. There are bugs, it's the jungle. It's a neighborhood where families live. There are dogs, cats, chickens and macaws. You will hear them at times. However, the house is lovely, has everything you may want to settle in and get cozy, is private, and a wonderful getaway. Just remember, if you're someone who likes things "just so" or are a bit picky (not judging, just saying) our place is not for you. Be sure to read the listing thoroughly, look at photos and ask questions if you're unsure about anything.
Guests have access to internet, cable TV and a telephone. We also have a nice flat screen TV & stereo. We also have an american washer & dryer (a luxury in Costa Rica)
Interaction with Guests
We have a manager for our property, however, we are not present to personally welcome you.
The neighborhood is a local Costa Rican Tico neighborhood. There is the nicest people ever in the neighboring houses. The manager of the property lives across the street and his family is just lovely. The neighborhood is VERY SAFE. Our house is also gated, which is a nice feature. We are outside of bustling Jaco about 7KM and only 3KM away from the beach of Los Suenos (huzzah!). Great little places to eat and cafes close to the house. Nice and private!!
If you decide that you don't want to rent a car, the bus stop is 2KM away (less than a mile). You can also use the two bikes that i have at the house. One even has a holder for a surfboard.
You may also call a cab, which is a common way to get around the area as well.
Other Things to Note
Look at "Guidebook" on the first page of this listing in the upper right hand corner for things to do, places to eat or where to go to surf. :)
BIENVENIDOS A COSTA RICA
Whether this your first or final stop on your journey in our beautiful adopted country, we hope you enjoy your stay. We want you to take the time to enjoy the beauty and serenity of Costa Rica. Try and get to know a few of the people you meet, they are the main reason this is one of the happiest places on Earth. Our home is the product of our love for this country and we are happy to share it with you. We, of course, have house rules but they are based on respect, Respect for us, Respect for the environment and Respect for the next guests.
1. We do not give refunds if you decide to leave the home early. ☺
2. No smoking in the house. Please go outside. ☺
3. We want you to relax and have a good time but please no wild parties or destructive behavior in the house. ☺
4. Please do not take anything from the house. ☺
5.Trash days are Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please put trash out on the street in front of the house the night before. ☺
6. Feel free to use anything in the house but remember to pay it forward if you use the last of something. ☺
7. We don't suggest you drink the water. You will need to purchase water at the little store (Super L'Amistad) just down the street from the house. ☺
8. Check the gas in the tank for use with the stove. It must be hooked up and it will need to be turned on. If you run out of gas, it will easily be swapped out for another at Super L’Amistad (just down the street) You will need to bring the empty tank with you. If you need extra help, please go see the property Manager Jorge across the street, he can help. ☺
9. Be comfortable but don't overuse the air-conditioner, electricity is scarce and expensive. ☺
10. Please don’t leave food out, the ants will be all over it in minutes! ☺
11. If you have a pet, please pick up after it so others don’t step in icky. ☺
12. Please do not drag or move the furniture or anything else in the house. ☺
13. To get warm water in the shower, just turn the little knob on the showerhead for heat. ☺
14. Please feel free to use the bikes, there are two air pumps to use if the tires are low. Please lock them up if you go anywhere, you are responsible for their safety. ☺
15. The internet is on all the time and free to use without a password. If there is ever a problem, try to reset the router by the little button on it or unplugging for 30 seconds and then turning back on. ☺
16. To make long distance phone calls, there are phone cards for purchase at Super L’Amistad and most other convenience and grocery stores. ☺
17. When you check out please put your towels and sheets in the washer and turn it on. Do not move the hose that goes into the sink from the washer. It makes it malfunction. ☺
18. Upon leaving, please unhook the gas line from the stove and make sure it in the “off” position, close the windows, shut off all lights and fans, leave the bathroom door open for air circulation and put the keys back in the lock box on the gate. ☺
19. If you find the bike tires low and in need of air, there are two pumps (hand pump and electric) for you to use! ☺
Remember, take only photos and leave only memories and if you need any extra help or anything runs amok, feel free to talk with Jorge or Zoraida across the street.
Thank You- ☺