A great space to relax. Wonderful views of the Cape Town and Table mountain. We have four rooms in total to rent, two rooms with queen beds, one with a double bed and one with a single bed. You will also have your own lounge, balcony, kitchen, two bathrooms and a pool to use.
Situated close to main roads (N1) leading directly into the city. A 40 min drive in opposite direction takes you into the wine region as wonderful as France. Cape town offers an incredible amount of attractions, from food to sight seeing to action sports. On that note, your hosts, Ian and May, are active hang glider pilots, para-glider pilots, and kite surfers. Ian can offer you a tandem paragliding flight if interested, and offers guiding to hang glider and para-glider pilots and kite surfers.
We try to be kind to the environment by recycling all our rubbish, planting our own veggies and using biodegradable products. We have solar water heating and busy trying to install a grey water recycling system.
We do recommend hiring a car as this is easiest in South Africa, We have parking for you and we are close to N1 highway which goes straight into cape town city and the waterfront. If you need it, There is also train station that is 20 min walk away and it goes direct into cape town. It is reasonably safe during day time.
What makes us unique is that any proceeds we make go towards supporting (website hidden) which is attempting to develop kite generators (Generating electrical power from wind using kites).
I stayed at May's and Ian's place in Parow North for four nights. They provide rooms with shared bathroom and kitchen in a spacious house.
This is what you get for your money:
1. Very accommodating hosts: I had a very late arrival which was not a problem at all for them.
2. Very welcoming hosts: because of my late arrival they had some food and drink in my room waiting for me.
3. Very helpful hosts: I needed a lift in the morning of my first day and, when a taxi could not be organized right away, they stepped in and drove me in their own car; and by that evening they had found a very reliable driver for me.
4. Very friendly hosts: one night they invited me to join them and their friends for an evening out in downtown Cape Town. It was a low pressure invitation and I could have easily said no. But I am glad I joined them because, besides the fun, it included a nice and guided introduction to Cape Town.
5. Clean accommodation
6. Secure accommodation
7. Reliable wireless internet
Would I return: absolutely!
PS: Did I mention that they are enthusiastic paragliders, hikersand freedivers? Much stuff to talk about.