This is a spacious apartment with all mod-cons for up to 5 in a very centrally located part of the city.
UPDATE: The construction outside has finished and has resumed back to normal.
When making a booking, please make sure of the following;
1) Leave some info about yourself + purpose of your stay
2) Check availability for your dates
3) Let us know your expected arrival into H.K airport
4) Once a booking is confirmed, please add us on any of the following phone apps - Whatsapp / Line / Wechat for easy communication
We love to host you in Hong Kong and really enjoy meeting different people from all different places. Although we can't always meet you in person, we will make sure you feel as you're looked after here. Carole and myself speak pretty good English and can help if problems arise.
Clean, spacious, practical, quiet and comfortable rental, in the busy location of Mong Kok. Nearby are many attractions.
More info below;
* Quick free WiFi, Elevator, 24 hour doorman, Hot running water, Air conditioned, TV, DVD, Refridgerator, Hotplate, Kettle, Microwave, Kitchen utensils, Cutlery are provided.
Bath towels and clean linens are provided.
Metro, train, buses and taxis are very easy to access from Mong Kok and Prince Edward where the apartment is.
Mong Kok MTR & buses - 1 / 3 min walk away respectively.
Taxis are at the doorstep of the entrance. They run past 24 hrs a day.
24 hour convenience stores such as 7-11 and OK are around the block.
The doctor is just next door from entrance and shuts around 12 am - 1 am. Handy if you need a doctor during your trip.
3 Pharmacies - selling toiletries and medicine . Diagonally opposite the street.
2 chain supermarkets Welcome & Park'n'shop are opposite the apartment - shut at 11pm / midnight respectively.
Laundry service - They wash your clothes at a reasonable rate and fold for you. Collectable within a few hours.
A 3 minute walk away.
Police Station (Should you need it) - 5 minute walk - Emergency number: 999
Langham Place, Ladies market, Fa Yuen st, Flower market, Aquarium street, Phone Plaza, Mong Kok football stadium, Bird market, Sneaker street, Temple Street (and more) are all within walking distance.
In the case of damage of your possessions and injury sustained whilst staying in this apartment are void of claims from me.
Q: How do I get there from the airport?
Cost: $250HKD (Reasonably priced for the distance)
Take the A21 (N21 for the night bus) - Get off at mong kok HSBC.
Cost: Under $50HKD Per head
Exit out of Mong Kok MTR - Exit B3.
Cost: $100HKD per head
The whole apartment
Carole and myself are always within reach if anything goes wrong and you need assistance.
This is easily one of the most convenient locations in Hong Kong, an area that never sleeps.
Getting around is very easy. All forms of public transportation are within a few minutes walk.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$20 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$796 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$2986 /month|
|Check In:||2:00 PM|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
We stayed in the apartment for a month (2 adults + 2 kids). There are a lot of positives and some points that should be noted especially if you are visiting from a very different environment like Australia.
It's really central and everything is open in this area till very late. The streets around this place are full of restaurants with all sorts of cuisine.
The apartment is quite small but well laid out and everything is functional. Fittings are of high quality in bathroom and kitchen. There was a lot of noise and dust from the construction going on nearby, but this unfortunately can not be predicted or controlled.
Points to note;
- there are a flight of stairs from the entrance to the lift, so be aware if you are carrying luggage or have restricted mobility.
- Cupboard space in the apartment - must clarify with the host as most of them were full of their stuff.
- there is no Cable TV - so only couple of english free to air channels
David is very attentive and tries to help with everything to make your stay comfortable.
Overall I would recommend this place as long as you are used to or aware of the environment.
Overall- We had a great stay, we didn't end up meeting Dave or Carole,but met with Carole's Mum who met us at the apt. We were late but couldn't ring as we didn't have local SIM but no fuss from Carole's mum. We didn't know that she was waiting in apt rather than downstairs in the front. Nice touch with chocs and welcome card
Pros - Handy location, clean and good comms from our hosts right through
Cons- about 20 steps to get to lift to get too apt , issue if you have any heavy bags to lug up to the elevator. As it was winter, apt was cold and duvet was thin, there was one oil heater but could have done with some blankets
The apartment looks exactly like the photos on airbnb. I had a wonderful stay in this apt, other than a lil hiccups here n there. thank u David, Carole n Tania. A very economical stay for anyone budget.
very clean n spacious unit in the context of hk.
water heater work very fine only till the last day of the stay
very close, 2mins walk to mtr.
neighbourhood very close to lots of shopping n food!
host r very responsive to text msgs n email even during the stay.
A little CONS:
renovation was going on nxt door, but i believe it doesnt happens all year round.
water heater wasnt working on last day of stay, the weather was chilly. host was nice enough to provide alternative solution like bathing in nearby gym, but our timing didnt match.
Apt is a good size for 3pax , highly recommended to book this apt if u r in for shopping n foodie hunt in Mongkok!
Great location, only 5-10 mins walk from MongKok station.
Nice apartment, seem like stay at home.
Will visit there again if I have a chance to visit Hongkong.
David, a host of this apartment, is so kind. I asked for late check out without any problem.
We were fortunate to have met both Dave and Carole, who were very helpful and quick to respond to emails and messages. Apartment description and pictures are accurately described.
We stayed in November - first stay for 3 nights and then 10 nights for the second stay.
- Awesome location - close to 2 MTR stations, airport express, and taxis available downstairs
- Great size, spacious
- Shopping, dining, grocery market, drycleaners, etc just minutes away on foot
- Auto-lock on door convenient
- About 15 steps before reaching the elevator, tiring after a long day of walking around the city and if you have large luggages to carry up/down stairs
- Only one set of keys, so makes it inconvenient if we wanted to return separately (party of 3)
- Be prepared for the second bedroom to be super hot when it’s hot outside, the AC unit is just for wind from outside and is loud and old. And if it rains, you better have noise cancelling earphones
- Washer available in apartment but isn’t actually functioning so had to take clothes down to cleaners (price was reasonable)
- Window seemed thin because it’s almost like you’re outside and can hear all the noise. There was construction happening 2 buildings over so crew started work early which made it hard to sleep in, but that can’t be helped. And there were a couple dogs barking early every morning.
Make sure you turn on the heat switch for the shower, else cold showers are a killer. First stay there weren't enough towels for party of 3 so good thing I had brought extra towels with me so just double check there are sufficient towels for your group. We had an early evening flight and Dave allowed us to check out later which was great. Would recommend this apartment to others.
Thanks Dave and Carole for your hospitality!!
We really enjoy our stay at Dave and Carole's apartment. The host is easily contactable. The place is exactly like what you see on the pictures, everthing is neat and clean. All the equipments and internet are working fine. The location is just perfect, very near to the shopping areas and there's plenty of nice eateries nearby. As it's located along the Nathan Road, getting a taxi to go to the airport is very easy. We checked out at 3 am and we didn't even have to wait for the taxi. Overall we really have a good experience here and will definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Hong Kong.
The apartment met all of my requirements, and I personally think it is way above HK standards. The location is perfect, as many services and public transportation is within one city block. The area and building felt very safe, secure, and clean.The host was very easy to communicate with and very hospitable. I would refer this apartment to my friends and family.
This unit is very spacious and clean. It is also very convenient as it is about 5 min walk to Mongkok MTR
Lovely apartment! Nice , clean and quiet. I am enjoy the days with it.
A very clean and nice appartment! The location was very central and very easy to find.