About this listing
An apartment to yourself in a 100-year-old, quiet, brick 4-plex with natural woodwork throughout. Enjoy your privacy with the company of a friendly feline, hundreds of books and vinyl records, and one of the fastest web connections in the nation.
IMPORTANT: Kitty present! You will be sharing the apartment with a beautiful, pudgy cat named Assata. If you're bothered by or allergic to cats, this might not be the place for you!
This two-bedroom apartment (one of the bedrooms is currently used as an office/storage and will be locked) is in a classic brick four-plex in the heart of Whittier, situated between Uptown and Downtown Minneapolis.
• One bedroom with full size bed
• Small futon in sunroom that can fold out to sleep one person.
• Full size Aerobed if needed.
• Off-street parking and plenty of nearby street parking
• 46” television w/Roku
• One of the FASTEST internet connections in the country. Fiber optic 1 gbps up/down.
• If you know how to properly handle records, feel free to use the turntable and spin from my vinyl collection!
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Laundry available in basement (Thursday-Sunday only)
• Ornate dining room and beautiful woodwork throughout
• Fenced in backyard with fire pit and barbeque.
Assata is very affectionate, a little overweight (we're working on that), and rather lazy. She adores people and is suspicious yet friendly around dogs. For guests staying longer than a few days and/or folks that don't want to deal with typical cat duties (food/water/litter), let me know so I can arrange for someone to stop by.
• Guests have the whole place to themselves! Bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, dining room, living room, and sun room.
• 1 off street parking space
• Free laundry facilities in basement (Thurs-Sun only)
• Super fast (1 gbps) internet + wifi. Roku with Sling TV (+HBO), Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus, Spotify Premium, WatchESPN, Disney and more!
Interaction with Guests
You probably won't see me! If the listing is up, it's usually because I'm working abroad or otherwise out of town. Keys will be left for you and you will receive contact info for people nearby who will be available if you need any help or have any questions.
• Close to bus lines on Lake Street, Nicolet Avenue, and Lyndale Avenue
• Great location with “Eat Street” to the east, Lyn-Lake to the south and west, and the Wedge and downtown to the north.
• Less than a mile and a half to the heart of Downtown Minneapolis.
• A couple blocks away from the Midtown Greenway bike path. Rental bikes available nearby.
• A block and half from a small park with a playground and basketball courts.
• 0.7 miles to Minneapolis Institute of the Arts, 1 mile to Lake of the Isles, 1.4 miles to Walker Art Center, 2.4 miles to Target Field, 3 miles to the University of Minnesota.
• 15 minute drive from MSP airport and the Mall of America.
One off-street parking spot is available. Bicycle rentals are available nearby. Many different buses stop within a 2 block radius of the apartment. If you have a Car2Go membership, you can use one of the many smart cars in the neighborhood for $0.41 per minute.
* Be respectful of neighbors
* No smoking
* Well behaved dogs allowed if they are friendly with cats. There is a fenced in back yard.