About this listing
This bright and sunny, recently renovated 1-bedroom apartment (separate bedroom, large living room/open kitchen) is located in the hip 11th arrondissement, near Place de la République and the Canal St. Martin, a short walk from the the Marais, Oberkampf and Bastille neighborhoods. It's perfect for a couple.
This sunny and peaceful apartment (5th floor walkup/no elevator) has a separate bedroom and a spacious open kitchen / living room area. It is located in the heart of Paris, next to the lovely Canal St. Martin (with its iron footbridges and tree-shaded quays), Place de la République, the Oberkampf neighborhood, the Marais district and Place de la Bastille.
* 1-bedroom, fully renovated top-floor apartment (no elevator) located in an authentic 19th century building on rue de la Folie-Méricourt, in the hip 11th district
* Large, bright living room with a comfortable sofa, dining table and hardwood floors
* Fully equipped contemporary open kitchen (oven, microwave, toaster, blender, French coffee press, Nespresso machine, large fridge and freezer)
* Bedroom with a very comfortable, extra-long 140 x 200 cm bed (plush pillows, new mattress), and a spacious closet for your belongings.
* Roomy and sunlit bathroom with a bathtub/wall-mounted shower, washing machine, blow drier, iron
* Separate toilet across from bathroom
* Telephone & WiFi (internet)
* Large windows in every room; bright apartment on top floor
* Within easy reach of all tourist attractions (by metro or on foot)
* Nearest metro: République metro (lines 3, 5, 8, 9, 11) or Oberkampf metro (line 5). Accessible from airport via RER B train + metro line 5
* Several Vélib stations (bikeshares) nearby
* Located in the 11th arrondissement: a hip, local neighborhood - close proximity to numerous restaurants, bars, cafes and bakeries + open-air markets: at the heart of the city's flourishing "gourmet renaissance".
* Safe and friendly neighborhood: you'll feel right at home! The apartment is located near a tree-lined avenue and a relaxing park where you can watch Parisian men in berets play pétanque.
Make yourself at home. Nothing is off limits.
I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the apartment, the neighborhood and Paris in general. Ask away! I'd love to share some of my favorite spots with you.
The Onzième is the most dynamic arrondissment in Paris, a magnet for innovative chefs, creative boutique owners and likeable people in general. It isn't touristy (yet) so you can experience the real flavor of Paris in a serene setting.
5 metro lines converge at Place de la République, a 7-minute walk from the apartment. Many buses are also available and several Velib stations can be found nearby.
Easy public transportation from and to CDG airport (via RER B and metro line 5) and Orly airport. UBER also available from airport (45-euro flat fee).
Everything in the apartment (with the exception of one section of the closet in the bedroom marked 'Private'). Instructions are provided for most appliances but if in doubt, please contact me for further information.
Interaction with guests
I love interacting with my guests via email and am happy to answer any questions about the apartment or Paris. Unfortunately, I rarely get to meet my guests since I rent my place when I'm away. I have had the pleasure of meeting some of my guests and we have remained fast friends.
Hosting on AirBnB has been a wonderful experience and I am always pleasantly surprised by how friendly and respectful my guests are. I feel very privileged to have welcomed so many lovely people in my home!
My neighborhood, the 11th arrondissement, is vibrant and full of energy, with a real local feel. The Canal St. Martin, at the northern end of my street, is a lovely area to walk around, with numerous restaurants and boutiques. The Marais, a 15-minute walk away, is also a fun and historical area to explore, as is the area around Eglise Saint-Ambroise, at the southern end of my street. Several public transportation options (bus, metro) are conveniently located near the apartment and can take transport anywhere in a very short time.
The closest metro stops are République (5 metro lines) and Oberkampf (lines 5 and 9). Several bus also run next to the apartment. You can map your itinerary on ratp.fr
Other things to note
Located on 5th floor (no elevator). 2-person maximum occupancy.
In the AirBnB spirit, please treat my apartment like you'd want your own home to be treated. Please leave it as you found it upon arrival. More importantly, make yourselves at home and feel free to contact me at any time should you have questions about the apartment. This is a non-smoking environment.
Use caution when using the appliances, as European appliances are quite different from US appliances. For example, the washing machine is a top-load machine with a metal drum that must be clicked shut prior to shutting the lid of the machine and starting the cycle. The lid should be kept open when not in use. Carefully read the instructions provided prior to using any appliances.
It's very important to close all windows and lock all doors when leaving the apartment to avoid flash rainstorms or burglaries.
The kitchen counters and wooden floors are prone to scratches, so please treat them with care.
I would be most grateful if you could bring the trash down on your last day.
Many thanks and enjoy your stay!
I love to travel and am always on the go. My apartment is my haven of tranquility in the beautiful city of Paris, where I've lived off and on for 20 years. The 11th arrondissement is a fantastic neighborhood, incredibly vibrant and alive. Much to discover, explore and experience...
My favorite pastimes include hiking, snowboarding, eating out, drinking wine, reading, meeting new people and spending time with friends. My motto in life: "je ne regrette rien!"
Enjoy your stay in Paris!