About this listing
This bright and sunny, recently renovated 1-bedroom apartment (36 sq. m) is located in the hip 11th arrondissement, near Place de la République and the Canal St. Martin, a short walk from the the Marais, Oberkampf and Bastille neighborhoods.
This bright and sunny 1-bedroom apartment (5th-floor walk-up) is located in the heart of Paris, next to the lovely Canal St. Martin (with its iron footbridges and tree-shaded quays), Place de la République, the Oberkampf neighborhood and the Marais district and Bastille.
* 1-bedroom, fully renovated top-floor apartment located on rue de la Folie-Méricourt, in the trendy 11th district.
* Large, bright living room with a sofa, dining table and hardwood floors
* Fully equipped modern kitchen (oven, microwave, toaster, blender, French coffee press, Nespresso machine, large fridge and freezer)
* Bedroom with a big, comfortable bed (new mattress), and a spacious closet for your belongings.
* Roomy and sunlit bathroom with a bathtub/wall-mounted shower, washing machine, blow drier, iron
* Separate toilet
* Telephone & WiFi (internet)
* Large windows in every room; very bright apartment on top floor
* Within easy reach of all tourist attractions (by metro or on foot)
* Nearest metro: République metro (lines 3, 5, 8, 9, 11) or Oberkampf (line 5). Accessible from airport via RER.
* Several Vélib stations (bikeshares) nearby
* Located in the 11th arrondissement: a hip, local neighborhood - close proximity to numerous restaurants, bars, cafes and bakeries + open-air markets: at the heart of the city's latest "gourmet renaissance".
* Safe and friendly neighborhood: you'll feel right at home! The apartment is located near a tree-lined avenue and a relaxing park where you can watch Parisian men in berets play pétanques.
Make yourself at home. Nothing is off limits.
I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the apartment, the neighborhood and Paris in general. Ask away! I'd love to share some of my favorite spots with you.
The Onzième is the most dynamic arrondissment in Paris, a magnet for innovative chefs, creative boutique owners and likeable people in general. It isn't touristy (yet) so you can experience the real flavor of Paris in a serene setting.
5 metro lines converge at République, a 7-minute walk from the apartment. Many buses are also available and several Velib stations can be found nearby.
Easy public transportation to CDG airport (via metro line 5 and RER B) and Orly airport.
Everything in the apartment (with the exception of one section of the closet in the bedroom marked 'Private'). Instructions are provided for most appliances but if in doubt, please contact me for further information.
Interaction with Guests
I love interacting with my guests via email and am happy to answer any questions about the apartment or Paris. Unfortunately, I rarely get to meet my guests since I rent my place out when I'm away but I have had the pleasure of meeting a few of my guests and we have remained friends. Hosting on AirBnB has been a wonderful experience so far :)
My neighborhood, the 11th arrondissement, is young and vibrant, with a real local feel. The Canal St. Martin, at the end of my street, is a lovely area to walk around, with lots of restaurants and boutiques. The Marais, a 15-minute walk away, is also a fun area to explore. Several public transportation options (bus, metro) are conveniently located near the apartment and can take you anywhere in a very short time.
The closest metro stops are République (5 metro lines) and Oberkampf (lines 5 and 9). Several bus also run next to the apartment. You can map your itinerary on ratp.fr
Other Things to Note
Located on 5th floor (no elevator).
In the AirBnB spirit, please treat my apartment like you'd want your home to be treated. Please leave it as you found it upon arrival. But more importantly, make yourself at home and feel free to contact me at any time should you have questions concerning the apartment. This is a non-smoking apartment.
Use caution when using the appliances, as European appliances are different from US appliances. For example, the washing machine is a top-load machine with a metal drum that must be clicked shut prior to shutting the lid of the machine and starting the cycle. Carefully read the instructions provided prior to using any appliances.
It's very important to lock all doors and close all windows when leaving the apartment to avoid burglaries.
The kitchen counters and wooden floors are prone to scratches, so please treat them with care.
About the Host, Kristin
I love to travel and am always on the go. My apartment is my haven of tranquility in the beautiful city of Paris, where I've lived off and on for 20 years. The 11th arrondissement is a fantastic neighborhood, very vibrant and alive. So much to discover and explore...
My favorite pastimes include hiking, snowboarding, eating out, wine tasting, reading, meeting new people and spending time with my friends. My motto in life: "je ne regrette rien!"
Enjoy your stay in Paris!