About this listing
Within 20 minutes you are at the centre of Amsterdam and it takes only 30 minutes to the airport. Your room is comfortable and has a romantic atmospher. Your host can give you touristical information in order to make your stay succesful. Welcome!
You are welcome in my Bed & Breakfast the Mermaid in Almere, near to Amsterdam!
Three things guests liked about my B&B:
1. nicely decorated and super comfy beds
2. excellent public transport and free parking
3. personal touch
Three things why guests did not choose this B&B:
1. not suitable to combine with Amsterdam night life after 2 am because no public transport between 2-6 am
2. costs of return train ticket to Amsterdam is € 12,80 per person
3. breakfast is not included (€ 7,50,- per person)
A romantically decorated room in a very quiet and green environment. The room is located at the first floor and has a luxureus double bed. There is a tv set with dvd player and a desk. At the same floor is a very neat bath room with toilet and shower (shared).
- welcome drink
- free coffee and tea
- wifi internet
- tv with dvd player, several dvd's
- cleaning (once a week)
- hair dryer
- use of fridge and microwave
- use of the garden
Breakfast at your request for € 7,50 per person
My B&B is located at 10 minutes walk from train station Almere Centrum. There is a bus stop at 2 minutes distance. Trains to Amsterdam 6 times an hour. (€ 12,80 return ticket). It takes 20 minutes to Amsterdam Central Station by train. Last train from Amsterdam to Almere: 1.36 hrs. First train from Amsterdam to Almere 5.48 hrs. Direct train to Schiphol (Amsterdam airport) in 30 minuts.
Free parking space beside the house. It takes approx. 20 minutes to Amsterdam.
You can find a big supermarket at 50 meter, open until 10 pm. At the centre of Almere there is a modern shopping centre with a lot of shops, bars, a cinema, market and lots of restaurants. Shops are open 7 days a week.
In the neighboorhood are several nature areas of which the Oostvaardersplassen is the most famous. A beach with swimming water with a lovely restaurant (The Boathouse) is at 20 minutes walking distance.
Bikes are for rent at the train station for €7,50 a day. Bike racks in my shed.
I can help to plan your trips to Amsterdam, Haarlem, Leiden, Utrecht, The Hague etc. All these cities are easy to reach by public transport.
- You will have free internet access
- You will receive a key of the front door.
- During summer you can enjoy the garden
Caroline is very nice person, She care about guest, We have evrything what we need.
Surroundings very peaceful and nice.
I highly recommend this place
Thank You Caroline
非常完美非常棒的一次住宿体验。房子很漂亮。有两只可爱的猫。我定的是比较大的房间，装修很浪漫很sweet。 Carolerie 是一个非常好的人，从下火车站出来骑着小摩托车来接我们真是被惊到了，太有趣了！还想再来！作为第一个来入住的成都妹子，看到被钉在门口地图上的独一个，感觉就是awesome！
We had a very pleasant stay at Caroline's house. Before the travel, Caroline actively corresponded with us and gave clear instruction on how to get to her place. She fetched us from the station on our arrival and sent us on our departure. We felt the warmth and were really grateful to her. During our stay, Caroline without fail made us feel at home. She is meticulous and paid attention to what we might need. She decorared her home and garden so well that it felt really cosy. Thanks Caroline, we hope to be able to visit you again soon.
Why you should stay at Caroline's:
1. Caroline has an AMAZING house. My room looked like princess's bedroom with flowers, huge bed and beautiful fairytale-theme design.
2.Caroline is the kindest, sweetest, most attentive person I ve met. (she is ready to give advice and recommendations 24/7, help with ANYTHING including transport, ordering museums' tickets, ordering taxi to the airport, printing airplane tickets, choosing the restaurants and other places to visit ... the list is endless really)
3. Caroline has 2 cats. That's like a huge bonus, right? Though if there's something's wrong with you and you don't like cats, they wouldn't disturb you at all. Both of them are very calm and won't come to you or your room if you don't want them to.
4. Breakfast. Period.
5. The house is very close to the center of Amsterdam. It will take approximately 30 minutes to get from Caroline's house to Amsterdam Centraal. There's the straight train from Almere station to Amsterdam Centraal, to Hague and to the airport. It's very close to everything really. Very convenient.
Now, Caroline. There're two things that I ll remember for a long time : 1. How I almost killed you by trying to seat on your scooter. That was really embracing. :))2. How I steal the keys from your apartment and took them with me to Moscow. Also really "proud" of that. I'll miss you and your house. Hope to see you again one day.
Warm welcome awaits you here along with a spacious room and very comfortable bed. House is very nice and clean in a lovely area. Breakfast is plentiful and thoughtful, Caroline is a great hostess. Am looking forward to returning
This host has 38 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Caroline
Hello, I am Caroline, mother of a 21 year old daughter who recently moved to Amsterdam for her study. I work at the VU University in Amsterdam and like to welcome guests from all over the world in my cosy home. I started B&B the Mermaid December 2012 and already welcomed so many nice guests, wouldn't miss it for a moment! I will provide you with all kinds of information about the Netherlands and you can borrow several books and maps. Welcome, Wilkommen, Bienvenue, Bienvenida, Benvenuti, Merhaba, Akwaaba, Ahlan wa sahlan, 歡迎, Youkoso, Bem Vindo, Добро пожаловатьWelkom!