LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! Everyone says it but few can say that they are in the heart of the heart of Montreal. This loft is nestled in downtown's business district (International district) and is within a few minute's walking distance to both McGill and Place des Arts Metro station. Surrounded by over 10 high-end hotels, this newly constructed and beautifully furnished and decorated loft in a unbeatable location for tourists.
Two closed bedrooms with two queen sized beds plus a large living room and dining room. Very modern and open concept. Extremely spacious and can accommodate up to 6 people with additional mattresses that can be pulled out from under the bed.
- Corner Unit with 8 foot windows on two sides
- 11 feet high ceilings
- HD TV
- Dining table with 4 chairs
- 2 additional chairs in the living room
- Equipped with stove, fridge and microwave
- 2 Queen sized bed
- 2 extra single mattresses in storage
- Bedsheets, lining, covers all included
- High speed (fibre optic) internet/WIFI
- Air Conditioner
- Maple Hardwood floor
- Security guard
- Toaster, Water Boiler, Microwave, Cooking pot
- Glassware and cookware
- Linens and Towels
- Toothpaste, Bodywash, Shampoo, Conditioner
WITHIN 5 MIN WALK TO:
- Numerous Bistros/Restaurants/Cafes and Groceries
- Complexe Desjardins Shopping Mall
- Eaton Center/Underground Shopping Mall
- Palais des Congrès (Montreal Convention Centre)
- Place des Arts (Performing Arts Centre)
- Museum of Contemporary Arts
- Théâtre du Nouveau Monde/ Club Soda
- Quartier Chinois (China Town)
- Quartier des Spectacles
- Quartier Latin
- Quartier international
- Vieux Port / Old Port / Old Montreal
- McGill University
- and many other tourist attractions/business conference centers
(1) WHAT IF I ARRIVE LATE / LEAVE EARLY?
A: It's not a problem just notify me ahead of time and text or call me when you are 30 minutes away and I will meet you in the lobby to give you the keys.
(2) WHY SHOULD I USE AIRBNB INSTEAD OF BOOKING A HOTEL?
A: For several reasons:
1) Our apartment comes with a full kitchen, dining table, TV and 2 beds and would be comparable to a full suite which will cost $250+ a night in most hotels
2) We are flexible with check and check, as long as there's no schedule conflict with the next guest
3) We provide clean towels, bedsheets, duvet covers and pillow cases to all our guests
4) It's perfect for a group of friends/two couples because you can enjoy the large living room/dining room space
5) The loft is at the heart of downtown Montreal, the location is equivalent or more advantageous compared to many downtown hotels.
(3) DO I HAVE TO BRING MY OWN TOWEL?
A: Like most hotels we provide 2 bath towel and 5 face towels. If you need more just ask and I will try to arrange it for you. We also provide shampoo, body wash and toothpaste are all provided. The only thing we don't provide is a toothbrush.
Montreal is a City of Festivals, here's a list of festivals/events (with dates) that are coming up this summer:
- Vue d’Afrique international film fest, April 25-May 4, 2014
- Blue Metropolis International Literary Festival, April 28-May 4, 2014
- Biennale internationale d'art numérique digital arts fest, May 1-June 19, 2014
- Acces Asie May 1-18, 2014
- Montreal Chamber Music Festival May 8-31, 2014
- La Grande Rencontre folk fest, May 8-11, 2014
- Festival TransAmériques May 22-June 7, 2014
- Anarchist bookfair May 24-25, 2014
- Montreal Museums Day Sunday, May 25, 2014
- Festival Go Velo Montreal May 25-June 1, 2014
- Montreal International Musical Competition May 26-June 6, 2014
- Festival des Arts Vivants OFFTA, May 27-June 1, 2014
- MUTEK digital creativity fest, May 27-June 1, 2014
- International des feux Loto-Québec fireworks fest, June-August 2014
- Suoni per il popolo June 4-24, 2014
- St-Ambroise Fringe Festival June 2014
- Montreal Grand Prix June 6-7-8, 2014
- Le Mondial de la bière/Beer Festival June 11-15, 2014
- FIMA – Festival international Montréal en Arts June 11-15, 2014
- Les FrancoFolies June 12-22, 2014
- Montreal Folk Fest on the Canal June 18-22, 2014
- Infringement Festival June 18-22, 2014
- Montréal Baroque June 19-22, 2014
- Fête nationale Saint-Jean June 23 and 24 – parade and events
- Montreal International Jazz Festival June 26-July 6, 2014
- Canada Day July 1 – parade and events
- International Festival of Circus Arts July 2-13, 2014
- Les Week-ends du Monde July 5-6 and 12-13, 2014
- Festival international de Lanaudière July 8-August 10, 2014
- Nuits d'Afrique July 8-20, 2014
- Just for laughs/Juste pour rire July 9-27, 2014
- Fantasia Film Fest July 17-August 5, 2014
- Children’s Festival July 19-20, 2014
- Montreal Electronic Groove July 24-August 2, 2014
- Dragon Boat Race Festival July 26-27, 2014
- Divers/Cité Gay and Lesbian Pride days, July 28-August 3, 2014
- Terres En Vue/Land InSights first people’s festival, July 31-August 5, 2014
- August is Archaeology month in Quebec, with various events
- Osheaga music & arts festival August 1-3, 2014
- Rogers Cup tennis tournament, August 1-10, 2014 (This year: women's tennis)
- Montreal Highland Games August 2014
- International tango festival August 5-10, 2014
- FestiBlues August 8-11, 2013
- Italian Week August 9-18, 2013
- Matsuri Japon Japanese festival, August 10, 2013
- HeavyMTL metal festival, August 8-10, 2014
- St-Jean-sur-Richelieu Hot Air Balloon Festival August 9-17, 2014
- Fierté Montréal Pride August 11-17, 2014
- Festival Mode & Design August 20-23, 2014
- Otakuthon anime convention, August 22-24, 2014
- Montreal World Film Festival August 21-September 1, 2014
- Montreal Reggae Festival August 16-18, 2013
- 18th-century public market August 23-24, 2014
- Nuit blanche sur tableau noir August 28-31, 2014
- Biennale de Montréal fall 2014
- OUMF Quartier Latin culture fest, early September, 2013
- Escales improbables September 3-14, 2013
- Mois de la Photo next instalment September 2015
- Jardins de lumière September 5-November 2, 2014
- Art Tattoo Montreal September 5-7, 2014
- Quartiers Danses September 2014
- Montreal Comic-Con September 13-15, 2014
- Pop Montreal September 17-21, 2014
- International Black Film Festival September 23-28, 2014
- Festival international de la littérature September 20-29, 2013
- Journées de la culture Quebec-wide culture fest, September 26-28, 2014
- Montreal Marathon September 28, 2014
- Orgue et couleurs organ music fest, September 27-October 5, 2013 (music)
- Montreal Improv Festival October 3-12, 2013
- The OFF Festival de Jazz October 3-12, 2013
- Festival du nouveau cinéma October 8-19, 2014
- Festival Phénomena October 18-25, 2013
- La Braderie de mode québécoise, October 24-27, 2013
- Festival du monde arabe October 25-November 9, 2013
- Cinemania French films subtitled in English, November 7-17, 2013
- Rencontres internationales du documentaire, November 12-23, 2014
- Expozine small press fair, November 16-17, 2013
- M for Montreal music showcase, November 20-23, 2013
- Salon du Livre November 20-25, 2012
- Image+Nation LGBT film fest, November 22-December 2, 2012
- Telus Fire and Ice Saturdays from December 1, 2012 to January 5, 2013
- Burlesque Festival December 6-7, 2013
- Salon des métiers d'art December 6-22, 2013
- Old Montreal Extravaganza December 15, 2012-January 5, 2013. Music and voice-over.
(1) AIRPORT SHUTTLE: for an $9 shuttle ticket, the Airport Express Bus (bus line 747) will take you directly from the airport to the bus stop located 1 min away (look for stop Beaver Hall / Rene Levesques) from this loft. What's more convenient is that you can use the same ticket for any bus and metro/subway for the following 24 hours, with unlimited travel.
(2) PARKING: free parking can be found on the street nearby or you can find paid parking space that charges from $6 to $20 per day. Please note that the availability of the free spots depends greatly on the time of your arrival. It is generally more difficult to find one on weekdays (especially during work hours as parking spots in downtown are precious). On weekends, it is a lot easier and public parking lots often offer special rates for Saturday and Sunday. You can find more info about Montreal parking here: (website hidden)
(3) TAXI: taxis are right around the corner, in front of the US consulate. Usually, The taxi fare to and from the airport is at $40 fixed price. (Check the sticker on the window behind the driver for different flat rates)
(4) METRO/SUBWAY: within 5 min walk, you can easily get to the most central and the busiest metro stations: McGILL and PLACE-DES-ARTS (green line), both connected to the underground city and major office complexes OR to SQUARE VICTORIA (orange line) located in the Quartier international de Montréal.
- Shuttle bus: seven-four-seven (Airport)
- All-night buses: (phone number hidden)
- From the closest bus stop (René-Lévesque / Beaver Hall): (phone number hidden)
- From McGill metro: (phone number hidden)
- From Place-des-Arts metro: (phone number hidden)
- From Square Victoria: (phone number hidden) schedules, maps and more bus lines, visit the STM (Société de transport de Montréal) website
*Subway/Bus tickets: various fares for metro/subway and bus are available. For example, tourist passes offer unlimited travel from one day ($10) to three days ($18). If you only plan on going out at night, the unlimited evening pass at $5 would be perfect since it's valid from 6pm to 5am the next day. A $13 weekend pass (from Friday 6pm to Monday 5am) is also available. A complete list of fares can be found at the STM website: (website hidden)
***Unlimited evening*** • $5.00
Unlimited travel between 6 p.m. and 5 a.m. the next morning.
***Unlimited weekend*** • $13.00
Unlimited travel between 6 p.m. on Friday and 5 a.m. on Monday.
***1-day pass*** • $10.00
Unlimited travel for 24 hours, valid on the P.-E. Trudeau/Downtown airport shuttle (747).
***3-day pass*** • $18.00
Unlimited travel for three consecutive days.
Other Things to Note
The internet is a in built the building. During peak hours the connection can be a little slower. Reception is better as you move closer to the hallway.
PARTY AND MUSIC:
We ask you to please be respectful to the house and the neighbours. Music is fine as long as it is not too loud and the door is kept closed. We don't allow parties to be thrown (i.e. inviting other friends over) in the apartment, we only accept a maximum of 6 people in the house. If this rule is found to be broken we reserve the rights to charge a $100 penalty from the security deposit in addition to any damages to the property and its furnitures or appliances.
Lily's husband was waiting for us when we arrived and could not have been sweeter. The apartment was really nice and clean and so well located, yet secure. They made us feel very at home. The only bummer was that the internet connection, which seems to be provided by the building, was weak in the main rooms, but would work ok in the entryway or outside hallway. Would definitely stay again.
We enjoyed staying in Lily's flat. It was very spacious, comfortable and well equipped. The location was excellent too.
Lily and Max were both very friendly and helpful. Max gave us great tips about restaurants, historical details about the town, and the campus of McGill. The location is fantastic!
The listing description was very accurate and the location was excellent. Lily was easy to get a hold of and very accommodating. Would definitely rent from again.
The apartment is very centrally located right between Old Montreal and the commercial downtown areas. The spacious apartment is located on the first floor. The windowless bath room is ok. Unfortunately, it was very noisy on weekday mornings (garbage trucks at 5am). The Wifi network is poor at best, unless you sit in the hallway right by the front door. The beds are ok. The host was accommodating at check-in, as my flight was delayed and I had to make him wait. Everything else was well organized.
Hosts were great to deal with - even though we arrived late their son was there to greet us.
We had a great stay. The place was spacious and a perfect location. We'd highly recommend this apartment!
This host has 147 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews