About This Listing
Near Nice, 16 km from the airport: Lovely cottage in St Jeannet with garden in the northern, upper part of the village below the massif, le Baou. The house is approx. 200 years old typical Provencal "mas", a farmhouse, fully restored with a garden of approx. 175m2 and splendid views of the Mediterranean Sea, Nice, St. Laurent and Antibes.
From a balcony on the 1st floor sunterrace and the garden is a wonderful view out over St. Jeannets, the adjoining valley and the sea in the background. On clear days you can even see Corsica in the distance. The house is approx. 95 m2: living room with fireplace, dining room with kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 2 bath with washer and 2 separate toilets. An adjoining annex (15 m2) has 2 more sleeps, but without water and toilet and no heating during wintertime . The house is fully equipped for 8 people (including double-bed in the living room and the annex).
St. Jeannet is a charming and secluded small medieval village located just 7 km east of Vence, 12 km north of Cagnes sur Mer and St Laurent in the department of Alpes Maritimes approx. 400 meters above sea level.
In general cars are not allowed in the village. But you are allowed to drive up to the owners house, but you must park in the public areas. Small cars can easyly reach our house, but for bigger cars it is (website hidden). Jeannet is located with direct access to a large natural area, and is located at the foot of the mighty rock Baou de St. Jeannet. Yet the village is far from overrun by tourists, but known to the authentic, Southern French and provençal atmosphere.
The climate is mild in winter, why the village is sheltered by Le Baou and in turn relatively cool in summer.
It is recommended to park the car outside the village, where there is a free car park, and from which there is only a short walk up to the center. Saint-Jeannet is a typical small village with alleys, streets that intersect and beautiful old stone houses. You come first in the Place St. Barbe, which offers stunning views of the Mediterranean. Here is a small terrace café and a Auberge / restaurant. In Saint-Jeannet will find a myriad of old buildings, a renovated church, Eglise Paroissiale St.Jean-Baptiste, from 1660 and a few fountains, one of which is from 1875.
Interaction with Guests
You can always reach me on the telephone. I live in Denmark, so I will not be present when you arrive. But the housekeeper will make the house ready for you on your arrival
The beautiful, calm, middleage village, the view over the Mediteranean and the walks in the nature: The splendid view from the top of the "Baou" over the sea and towards north to waste open provence-landscape. Close to Vence (7km) and Saint Laurent (12 km) the nearest Beach. Promenade des Anglais in Nice (16 km)
Easy bus- connections to Vence, Saint Laurent (the beaches and great shopping-center) and Nice
Other Things to Note
Welcome to Saint Jeannet 24 rue du Baou, 06640
From the airport Nice you can drive several ways to Saint Jeannet. (16 km north-west of Nice). Take the road: direction Saint Laurent. In St Laurent you take the direction: Saint Jeannet
Arrival in Saint Jeannet:
The city is pedestrianized, but the residents (les Riverains) can drive up to their houses if the car is not too big. (See the map with the itinerary, and then park free in one of the public park-stations in the village.
Our house is located in Rue du Baou, No. 24. When you get to no. 38 and " Impasse des aires " you have gone 20 meters too far.
Information about the keys :
The big brass key is for the garden gate. Go up the stairs. The main entrance-door is to the far right.
• Electricity: If electricity is off, turn it on in the cupboard on the first floor. If the electricity is not yet on, you’ll have to go all the way out of the house, out to rue du Baou, go to the left, pass the neighbour no 38, till you reach ”L’impasse des Airs”. Turn to the left into ”Impasse des Airs”. Walk 25 m till you reach the back of our house. On the wall back of our house, you’ll find an electric cabinet which is to be opened with a screwdriver, which you find in either the desk or in the tool shed.
Power button should be on 1
The water is put on in the iron-cupboard below, just right of a red mailbox in the same street. (Impasse des airs) You must switch on two faucets.
In the guestbook you may find further instructions, guidance and tips for the house and other activities .
• The gas is turned on in the small, low shed left at the bedroom on the ground floor. If the gaz bottle is empty, there should be a spare one in the shed. If not you can buy one in the fuel tank in Peyron or in Vence
• All balcony doors open / unlock by pressing the button up/down. Green is open / red is locked.
Check that the white handle engages the upper frame, when the doors must be locked .
Please avoid noise: Do not slam the front door in the interests of unnecessary noise for the neighbors. The sound reverberates through the wall.
• The neighbors are asking to respect the tranquility of the garden after 23:00
• The fireplace: Firewood can be purchased at a petrol tank. If you take firewood from the shed , you are kindly requested to replace what you have taken .
• Internet and telephone : Phonenumber is (phone number hidden). There is free use of landline phones. Tenant pays calls to mobiles .
Wifi: The code is: 233ACE74AD42F2FF63DA547413 It is noted on the side of the box too.
The television is installed with a parabolantenne. Please do not alter the installation. Sometimes due to bad weather, the tv is unstable. Usually it normalises as soon as the weather conditions are stable.
The elctrical owen: Switch on :
1.The température (1 button from above: 1 à 8 max)
2.Choose circulation or not
3.The minuterie – duration (3. button from above)
4.Time (the watch 4th button from above)
• When you leave the house every day, check that all the patio doors are locked before you lock you out .
• Always check that the gas stove is turned off after use
• Please do not leave the cushions in the sun when you leave the house
Neighbors Mr et Mme Feuch rue du Baou nr 38 can in case of emergency help if necessary .
• Please leave the house clean and properly. Leave used bed-linen and towels in front of the washing-machine
• Pull the plug from the radio, refrigerator and leave the refrigerator open .
• Turn off the gas.
• Ensure all porch-doors are closed and locked, and the mailbox-key is hanging in the kitchen. Leave all doors inside the house open to provide ventilation of the house.
• Close the shutters carefully and put the metal-bars of the shutters properly.
• Lock the annexe
• Lock the gate
I hope you’ll enjoy your stay in St Jeannet
Kind regards Elsebeth Kierulff
This small house is situated in the mountains over Nice in a beautiful and authentic village out of tourists crowd. It is the perfect base for hiking Baou St Jeannet. The house is about 500 m uphill from the parking. You need to cary you bags. It is important to arrive before sunset because you need to find keys, swich on electricity, make you beds. The house is small and very modest but livable. We recomend it for hikers and backpackers.
A most beautiful place to stay for a short break or holiday. Lots to do in the surrounding area. Wonderful friendly village, where little has changed, close to Nice / Cnnes / Antibes if you fancy the city. Elsebeth was very helpful. We were only sad we could not stay longer, even though we had 9 nights, there are endless places to walk, explore and enjoy.
We had a fantastic week in the pretty village of St Jeannet. The house was charming and generously equipped without being posh or overly renovated, giving a feeling of being at the countryside and not at some generic holiday (website hidden) Jeannet was a perfect place for experiencing the riviera with all its art, culture, beaches and nature. (But you need to either rent or have your own car.)
Elsebeth was very helpful throughout the booking and provided us with all the information we needed.
We would really like to come back some time!
Nous avons passé de très belles journées dans la maison de St (website hidden) Jeannet est très bien situé vis à vis de Nice mais également pour de petites randonnées, de l'escalade...
Attention, la 3ème chambre n'est pas chauffée, il n'y a donc que 2 chambres l'hiver.
Les rues de St Jeannet, petit village avec beaucoup de cachet, sont très étroites et en forte pente, ce fut un peu difficile avec notre camionette. Mais durant le séjour, il y a de nombreux parking aux entrées du village.
La relation avec Elsebeth a été excellente.
N'hésitez pas pour vos prochaines vacances...
This host has 6 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews