Nestled in the Riverbend section of Uptown New Orleans,The Elysian is situated along historic oak-lined Carrollton Ave, mere steps from the St. Charles Ave Street car and a quick 5 block walk from Historic Oak Street.
The Carrollton area is by turns sleepy and lively, with lovely streets populated by stately Oaks and a history of being where the erudite summered in New Orleans, beautiful Victorians line this streetcar boulevard. The Americana is situated along historic oak-lined Carrollton Ave, mere steps from the St. Charles Ave Street car. This 3 BR/2 BA, is one of six flats in a lovely Historic home that has been faithfully restored to it's original grandeur with a mix of the historic and the modern, featuring two master bedrooms, each with a Queen bed, full-closet and one with an en-suite full bath. A junior bedroom also features a Queen bed and full-closet. The heart of the home is a cozy kitchen with a large eating/lounging area, flat screen TV/DVD, cable and Wi-Fi Internet. Plenty of room for all to gather and pass an evening, host a dinner party, or settle in for a quiet dinner for two. Spacious yet intimate, the Americana is perfect for families or several couples traveling together.
Carrollton Avenue: Before being annexed by the city of New Orleans, the town of Carrolton was a summer resort community where the well-to-do kept a summer cottage and enjoyed the shady woodlands, meadows and breezes from the nearby Mississippi river. The Americana is a stone's throw from beautiful Palmer Park. Family friendly with a new 'Kaboom' playground, Palmer Park hosts many community and cultural events. The last Sat. of every month Palmer Park comes to life during the Arts Market with tents of arts & crafts vendors, refreshments and live music. The St. Charles Street car -the oldest street car line in the world! -runs directly past The Americana, rolling on to destinations such as : The French Quarter, Canal Street, Audubon Park/Zoo, Aquarium of the Americas, The Garden District and Lafayette Cemetery. The Palmer lies within easy walking distance of Historic Oak street and it's eclectic shops, boutiques, and various restaurants of all sorts, local groceries, pharmacies -even good old American fast food!
Good Eats!: Camelia Grille, Jacque Imo's, Maple Leaf Bar, Ninja Sushi, Rue De La Course, Oak Bar, Curry Corner, Mona's Mediterranean, Oak Street Cafe, Sno Balls, Lebenon Cafe, Cafe Greneda, Panchito's Mexican, Little Tokyo, Saltwater Grille, O'Henry's, Brigsten's, Matt and Naddies, Dante's Kitchen, China Orchid, Hana, Cold Stone Creamery, Cooter Brown's Oyster Bar, New Orleans Daiquiri, Le Madelaine, Lousiana Pizza Kitchen to name a few...all within a quick 15 minute walk!
Other Activities: Swamp tours, French Quarter Tours, Cemetery Tours, Walking, Jogging, Bicycling, Roller blading and Horseback riding on the Mississippi River Levee. Easy access to Saints games at the Superdome and Hornets games at the Arena via S. Claiborne Avenue. Live music nightly at the Maple Leaf Bar on Historic Oak Street. You'll enjoy your stay from start to finish.
Guests will have access the the property they book and any public areas, such as back yards, porches or terraces, depending on the building.
Interaction with Guests
We have a Maintenance Supervisor that is available to guest's if anything is needed.
AMERICANA RENTAL RULES AND REGULATIONS :
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. CST AND CHECK-OUT IS 11 A.M. CST. There is a $35 Early Check-in/Late Check-out fee.
2. WE WILL NOT RENT TO VACATIONING STUDENTS OR SINGLES UNDER 25 YEARS OF AGE UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT GUARDIAN OR PARENT.
(website hidden) INSURANCE- You will be charge an additional fee of $30-$59, depending on the length of stay for Property Insurance provided by (website hidden). You will not be assessed any further charges for normal wear and tear. The following conditions, however, must be met.
a. No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay. c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in dumpster, and soiled dishes are cleaned.
d. Unit is left locked.
e. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
f. No linens are lost or damaged.
g. NO Early check-in or late check-out.
h. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), orthe local law enforcement.
4. PAYMENT - Full payment is required to book a stay.
5. CANCELLATIONS - A thirty (30) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 30 days of the arrival date, forfeit 50% of their fee. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent.
6. MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS - Monthly renters must cancel
sixty (60) days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least thirty (30) days prior to check-in.
7. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests is limited six (6) persons. An additional charge or $20.00 per person per night for additional guests will be assessed.
8. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A TWO (2) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY.
Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than the minimum number of days, the guest will be charged the minimum night fee.
9. INCLUSIVE FEES - Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate.
10. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate however is available at an additional rate.We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
11. RATE CHANGES - Rates subject to change without notice.
12. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
13. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
14.HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY - No refunds will be given unless:
a. The National Weather Service orders mandatory evacuation in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
b. A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest. The day that the National Weather Service orders a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
a. Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered,
b. Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten their stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
c. Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
15. PET POLICY - An additional cleaning fee of $20 will be required to book with an animal. Any guests checking-in with a pet that have not pre-paid for a pet cleaning, will be charged an additional $40 pet fee.
16. PERSONAL INDEMNITY -All of the units are privately owned;the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuable of the guest.
By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the
Everything was perfect at "The Americano." The trolley is right in front of the house that is a straight shot to Canal and Bourbon. The house is decorated nicely and it was very comfortable for our ladies getaway. Steven replied very quickly when we had small issues. I will definitely book one of his properties again.
The reservation was canceled 109 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
My friends and I came into town for four nights for a wedding. This was a nice place with a lot of character--it's pretty comfortable and feels quasi-homey, with lots of crazy crap decorating the walls and tables. The location is good too--it's just a few steps away from a streetcar stop, a Chase bank branch and a Walgreens--all of which I used during my visit. Parking is uncovered, but it's also well away from the street and feels reasonably safe. We didn't experience any of the negative things described in the handful of negative reviews I saw. Just a few minor gripes: I wished the bed wasn't so soft and squeaky, and although we didn't do any cooking, some of the cookware looked like it could stand to be replaced. Overall, staying here was a positive experience and a good value for the price. I would recommend it to my own friends and family.
I should also mention that Mr. Bertheaud was responsive and helpful when I needed him.
A+ This little gem is located in a nice area uptown a short walk to the trolly stop that could take you to aroud town with a little history.
The reservation was canceled 26 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Everything was clean, comfortable, and convenient. I would happily stay again. We very much enjoyed our stay.
3 days before our visit for a family wedding, Lenora forced our family to move from "The Americana" to 3 single bedroom/single bath units 5 blocks away due to an alleged double-booking (with our booking having a lower priority). We had to accept the last minute change, and then had to notify family members in 3 states of the new accommodations. On the day of our arrival, Lenora then tried to move us back! Other reviews indicate this kind of scheduling problem has happened before, so something is wrong. Although Lenora is rather unprofessional & insulting, her husband, Steve, is quite nice & much easier to work with. Ultimately, the 3 smaller units ("La Parisienne," "Marilyn," "Jewel Box") were nice, comfortable units in which to stay. We have stayed in many B&B's in the New Orleans area, and this is the first time this kind of thing has happened to us. We will return to NOLA, but will not work with Lenora again.
This host has 71 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I have owned and managed rental property in New Orleans for 25 years. My wife, Lenora and I only recently begun turning a few into Vacation Rentals, but so far so good! We love the diversity of guests that come to stay, from world travelers to locals looking for a weekend away. When we're not renovating apartments, we love to sail Lake Pontchartrain with our two puppies,.