About this listing
Natural and stylish studio apartment. Sustainable materials and tones reflect the breathtaking beauty of the local environment. One of 10 apartments in same building for rent individually or as a group. Your Egyptian home.
The tones and materials used inside the building resonate harmoniously with the natural landscape. The furniture is made from local palm trees. Lamp shades are crafted from local henna. Bed bases and feature walls are constructed from salt brick from Siwa which provides many beneficial health effects. Other walls are made from local earth.
Simple and beautiful, easy and practical, this studio apartment has everything you require for a fulfilling and satisfying stay.
The apartment size is 28 m2.
The apartment features:
- Full length glass windows with unique and striking, decorative mashrabiya.
-Beautiful salt brick bed base.
- Ambient lighting, further increasing the magic and beauty.
- Equipped kitchen area with two induction hot plates, kettle, toaster, full sized fridge and plenty of crockery, cutlery and cupboard space. There is also a kitchen for guests' communal use on the ground floor of the building which contains a large gas cooker with oven, a large fridge, deep freezer and a washing machine for clothes.
- Air conditioning unit.
- Elegant and stylish wetroom.
Dar Dahab is your home away from home.
Please note that the same photographs have been used in the listings for studio apartments 'Abu Gallum', 'Wadi Gnei' and 'Ras Sudr' as they all have the same layout and décor. 'Wadi Gnei' has the closest balcony (side view) to the sea. 'Abu Gallum' has the next. Ras Sudr doesn't have a balcony as it is on the first floor.
We believe in community at Dar Dahab. There are several communal areas for guests from the different apartments to meet and socialise.
- There is a large kitchen on the ground floor for communal use.
- The ambient and arabesque, open roofed atrium is a wonderful place to gather and share stories or gaze up at the stars.
- The large beachside dining and lounge area looks out immediately onto the beach and provides a relaxed setting to take meals while absorbing the view.
- A large roof area provides impressive views over Dahab, and an opportunity to marvel in the wide open space.
Interaction with guests
A member of staff is on site 24 hours a day while the host lives in the next door building and is on hand to address any requests, questions or concerns.
We can arrange to pick you up from Sharm El Sheikh airport and drop you off on your return. (The airport is around one hour’s hour drive away.)
Breakfast is available on request.
A daily cleaning service; shopping service; and light meals are also available on request.
Dar Dahab is located directly on Assalah beach which is only a 10 minute walk along the beach to the promenade winding through Dahab's bohemian town centre. As it is a little away from the town centre Assalah beach is calm and quiet. You can enjoy excellent snorkelling right in front of the apartment. Or, relax with sun loungers on the beach. For advanced kitesurfers it is possible to launch in front of Dar Dahab at high tide, although for beginners or intermediates it is best to have lessons at a kite centre.
There is a shopping area within walking distance of the apartment where you will find a good selection of fruit and vegetables, a German bakery and small supermarkets. Or you may choose to enjoy the many excellent restaurants located in the town centre serving food from around the world.
Dahab seems to breathe. It is full of spirit and timeless, natural beauty. Located on the South-Eastern coast of the Sinai Peninsular in Egypt, this small Bedouin town overlooks the Gulf of Aqaba, facing the pink mountains of Saudi Arabia. The town and beautiful, curved shoreline of Dahab are closely surrounded by the rugged mountains of Sinai so that at any one moment you may view the sea on one side and mountains on the other.
With two such vast natural worlds to explore Dahab gives generously in terms of opportunity for adventure. The conditions are perfect for diving and windsurfing or kitesurfing, or wellbeing activities such as yoga and meditation.
Dahab is quite a small town and most things are within walking distance. Taxis are also readily available.
Other things to note
There is a storage area available for kitesurfing/windsurfing/diving equipment.
The current prices are temporary for our soft opening.
No smoking inside Dar Dahab. Smoking is permitted on the balconies and the patio outside the building.
To ensure the enjoyment of all our guests, noise should be kept to a reasonable level after 10pm.