The oceanfront Alohahouse property sits spectacularly oceanfront on the pristine Puna Coast in the Hawaiian Paradise Park subdivision just south of Hilo on the Big Island of Hawaii. This 3 bedroom, 2 bath home offers the vacationer an up close and personal ocean experience! You can't get much closer to the ocean without being in it! It lulls you to sleep at night and the sunrises are so incredibly awesome - you will want to get up early even if you are on vacation! In the winter months, you can hear and see the whales that come in quite close because the ocean is deep in front of the property. This is a great spot to catch fish from the bluff and cook right on the barbecue!
Decorated island style with rattan furnishings and overhead ceiling fans in all the rooms, the home stays very comfortable all year! Sometimes you might even need a sweatshirt in the winter months! This home is centrally located and it is just a short drive to Volcano National Park, the Kapoho tide pools, and Hilo International Airport. The location is superb for the traveler wanting to set up base for the ultimate Big Island adventure. The oceanfront lanai is the place you will probably want to hang out after your day trips!
The kitchen is fully equipped with all your dining needs, all linens are provided, along with soap, and laundry detergent (you won't have time for that though!) There is also an outdoor shower to rinse off after surfing, swimming, snorkeling, or hiking the volcano. We provide a cooler for your day outings too!
The one bedroom Sunrise Cottage also located on the Alohahouse property can be rented along with the Alohahouse if it is available. This cottage can sleep a maximum of 3 guests in one double bed and one twin bed. It is currently long term rented, so only the oceanfront "Dolphin Bay" home is available which can sleep a maximum of 6 guests.
The Alohahouse is located in a quiet, coastal community, Hawaiian Paradise Park, on one of the loveliest bays in East Hawaii where you can walk for miles and see nothing but pristine coastline and lush forests. Here you will experience breathtaking sunrises, cascading rainbows, beautiful lava formations, dolphin and whale watching, all from the comfort of your Alohahouse. The closest towns are Keaau and Pahoa for groceries, gas, and restaurants. The Alohahouse will become your island home away from home for your Big Island traveling experience because there is nothing better than coming back to your oceanfront home after spending a day of exploring - whether it be hiking Volcano National Park, snorkeling at the Kapoho tide pools, surfing at Pohoiki, soaking at the Ahalanui Hot Pond, or visiting wonderful Hilo town! And don't forget the fabulous farmers markets at Makuu on Sunday, and in Hilo on Wednesday and Saturday.
I have many repeat guests - they come back mostly because they say they have looked around and there is nowhere else they would rather be. According to my guests, the home is comfortable and a great value for oceanfront Hawaii. The price is hard to beat for what you get!! It is a place for relaxation and rejuvenation! This is the Hawaii of old where you will not find tourist resorts, high rises, commercialism, or noise. Just the sounds of nature, the waves, the whales (in season), the birds, and the cooling trade winds whispering through the coconut palms and ironwood trees. Experience oceanfront Hawaii - you will be glad you did!
I only interact with the guests by email or telephone. I live in California and I have on-island managers who maintain my home.
You won't find a home closer to the ocean than this one! It definitely has the WOW factor. This is a great neighborhood to walk in - you can either walk along Beach Road - or walk along the oceanfront lava bluff. You can visit the Makuu tide pools about 1/2 mile down the oceanfront bluff. The everchanging ocean keeps the place exciting and peaceful at the same time!! In Hawaii, you go with the flow!
A car is recommended and easy to rent at Hilo or Kona airports.
Some things that I enjoy that are free:
1) Hike along the oceanfront bluff (you can go either direction for quite a long ways)
2) Drive to Kapoho to the Wai'Opae Marine Sanctuary for some great snorkeling
3) Visit Hilo on Wed or Sat mornings to go to the farmer's market. It is wonderful!
4) Visit the Makuu Farmer's Market on Sundays - local food, music, crafts, etc.
5) Swim in the Pahoa Olympic Size Pool - open daily from 8:30-5 and weekends 9-4 and it's free!!
6) Visit the Pana'Ewa Rain Forest Zoo just south of Hilo.
7) Go for a swim/soak at the Ahalanui Hot Pondon the Red Road
8) Hike to the new black sand beach in Kalapana where the road ends (and have an ice cream)
Some things that I enjoy that are not free
1) Go to Volcano National Park
2) Visit the Botanical Gardens north of Hilo
3) Have lunch or dinner at Cafe Pesto
4) My very favorite restaurant is Kaleo's in Pahoa. "Ono" food, and live entertainment on Thursdays and Sunday evenings. Best to make reservations. A little pricey.
5) Stop for take out fish & chips at the fish market in Pahoa at the Malama Market Shopping Center and bring it back to the house to eat and watch the ocean.
6) I love Lemongrass in Keaau for a plate lunch to take back to the house too!
7) The Thai food restaurants in Pahoa are very good if you like Thai
8) Luquin's for Mexican food and a margarita (Pahoa)
9) Paolo's is excellent Italian food (Pahoa)
10) The Hilo Bay Cafe on the bay in Hilo is excellent
11) Fairly new restaurant in Hilo called "the Ponds" is great!.
12) Pineapples Restaurant in Hilo is open air and very good.
12) Drive to the end of the road in Kalapana where the new black sand beach is forming and go to Uncle Robert's Awa Bar - happening every Wed. & Fri. starting about 6 and going into the evening - fresh local food vendors, arts & crafts, vendors, a bar, and Hawaiian Music and dance - it's like a local's luau and lots of fun!
Permit Number: W51759221-01
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Extra people:||$20 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$995 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$3600 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
|Neighborhood:||Island of Hawaiʻi|
Nous avons passé 3 merveilleux jours dans cette maison sur le bord de la mer. La maison est bien située pour explorer le parc des volcans. Les vagues qui frappent sur les rochers la nuit c'est très impressionnant. Tranquillité assurée pour les amoureux de la nature.
Je recommande sans hésiter.
I loved my stay at the Alohahouse! The setting is tremendous with waves crashing just beyond the lanai. I loved listening to the waves all night and I spent many hours during the day watching the blue water for whale spouts.
The location is so private, yet convenient to getting to Hilo or Volcano. It was a great place to stay.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT