Apartment at the center of Barcelona with the best views in one of the most beautiful square of the city. Palm trees, arches, gaudi's lamps and the all square of Plaza Real under your feet lighting just for you ...a dream.Very sunny apartment everywhere. The style is pure , mostly white with a baroque touch , reflecting the life of its owner , a decorator who has lived many years in Australia ,Africa, Ibiza, Cadaques , a very mediterraneen style.
You are at the center of Barcelona, at a walking distance of nearly every important monument, at 200 m of the Opera , surrounded by delicious restaurants and at 500 m from the beach.
You will be very happy to receive your friends or your colleges on this gordeous terrace or around a fireplace or celebrate any event of importance to you, anniversary, birthdays...
The place is made to make you happy , you ,your friends,your family.
You will be able to work also on the upper terrace looking at the all city under a canape in a sofa with the Wi-FI
Work will be pleasure and pleasure is what the owner of this apartment wants your stay to be.
If , by any chance , you wanted to visit Cadaques, the owner has a place to rent there and you can see it in (website hidden) under the number 225521.
Maybe you can combine two stays. Be welcome .
The reservation was canceled 28 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
This is a unique location in Barcelona.
Beautiful and very good vibes. Come with friends or family it is perfect. Fabienne is really nice and layback.
Definitely will come back if i have to stay in Barcelona.
The apartment is very nice, well decorated, fully equipped and located in the city center. It’s ideal for 2/3 couples or friends for wend. Thanks a lot for this beautiful stay. I will warmly recommend this flat. Communication easy and simple. Thanks again fabienne.
The "Vista real" is like Heaven - what a wonderful place! The place is very tastefully furnished, its a unique Bijou in the heart of Barcelona.
The rooms facing the Placa Reial maybe a little noisy as there is (human) traffic until dawn. But this is only a very small disadvantage.
I would say, this is the most spectacular flat you will be able to rent in Barcelona.
Fabienne was very easy to deal with, everything worked smoothly. I hope we can come back very soon.
Overall positive experience with a few kinks:
1. Absolutely gorgeous apartment!!! Clean and open feel. You should look at all photos for the three property options to understand layout better (It's a 4 bed, 3 bath that can be rented either in full, as a 2/2, or as a 2/1. We rented in full).
2. Outside balcony areas are fun and relaxing with view of Plaza and city.
3. Central location.
4. Wifi had good signal.
5. Elevator opens to apartment door for luggage convenience.
6. Noise was not a big deal. The rooms in the back of the apartment were completely silent. The only room that had some noise from the Plaza nightlife was the main bedroom in the front, but one could sleep through it with earplugs.
Would definitely recommend apartment as long as you prepare for the following:
1. The owner's assistant will meet you at apartment to give key. We got lost in the city trying to find the parking lot and thus arrived an hour later than anticipated. When we called, the assistant didn't answer. We had to call the owner to get a hold of the assistant. The assistant was angry b/c we were late and threatened to leave the apartment if we didn't arrive immediately. I think it's important for owners to understand that tourists are essentially on vacation. When we arrived, assistant was rude, gave us key, and walked out. We stopped her in the elevator so we could have a quick tour and make sure Wifi worked to avoid having to contact her later. There were only a few towels in a each bathroom. When we asked for more towels she unlocked a closet full of towels to give us more and locked the closet again. If you require more towels, make sure to ask in advance or at check-in.
2. There was only 1.5 rolls of toilet paper left in each bathroom for five people for three days. We ended up buying our own toilet paper to avoid having to contact the rude assistant again. For 410 euros per night, running out of toilet paper is unacceptable.
3. Extremely disappointed with bathroom situation. There were no bathroom amenities besides handsoap and a hair-dryer. For this price, shampoo and conditioner should be basics to include. Shower in main bedroom did not drain correctly, so the water would flood into the bedroom. Had to lay towels all over the floor to avoid soaking the bed and slipping. Bathtub near kitchen would take 30-minutes to drain so the next person would have to either wait or shower elsewhere. Mini shower/toilet in back corner of the apartment had a broken light, so had to shower and use toilet in the dark.
4. Parking lot - owner advised to park in Plaza Catalunya (1-mile away), cost was 150 euros for three days. Considering the astronomical price, I advise you to research more economical options on your own.
We will come back :-)
The apartments were exactly what we expected - bohemian chic, spacious and in a perfect location! The views from the balcony were astounding and it was surprisingly quiet inside, despite the liveliness of the square below. The only thing was that it was really warm during the night and the fans didn't seem to circulate cool air. We all loved the apartments and would go back again in a heartbeat!
The experience has been a big disappointment and letdown to what pictures were and what expectation we had of the apartment and was a painful experience. It started right from the moment we arrived after along flight, as ordeal had just started when we realised that the lift was not working and we had to carry our luggage to the apartment on 3rd floor (felt like 5 floors due to high stairs) at midnight and just took out any remaining energy we had left in us.
We entered and started to figure out the apartment and realised there was actually just 1 usable room against the 2 + the open living area given in the description. The air conditioning just sucked in the whole apartment, we couldn’t find a single space where it was cooler for us to relax. The windows either did not have curtains or had white curtains which let the Sun in and at this time when days are over 18 hours long, we got very little time when we could sleep as the room was always sunny and we couldn’t do anything to control it. Most of the bathrooms don’t have doors or have non locable transparent doors, leaving very little privacy.
Let me give you a accurate description of each room:
· Mini queen size bed (5*6 ft), with an attached bath. The bath did not have a door and just a curtain. No ventilation so not only was there no privacy all the smell from the toilet would come back into the room as it had no place for exit; the windows did not have any curtain so if you cant sleep with light (which my wife couldn’t) you will not be able to sleep. The AC with a huge noise and @ 17 degrees also couldn’t cool the room and we were sweating when sleeping, we tried to keep it on for a longer time hoping it will cool the room, but alas no help!!
· Mini queen bed (5*6 ft), with an attached huge bath. No ac no fan in the room, which made the room unusable. Even out of the large bathroom only an area of 10 s.ft was usable which had the WC and the shower in one corner, where you could actually shower while sitting on the WC.
Open space (3rd room)
· Open space had another mini queen size bed and a sofa, we pulled the mattress out of the second bedroom to put it out and sleep in this space, but it was just too hot as none of the AC’s seemed to work and cool the space, was very hot.
Stay has been very very uncomfortable. To summarize, the apartment just has one room and air conditioning is just non existent. The loos are very badly designed and the overall apartment has not been kept up well or maintained at all. This is truly a HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT .
The apartment fulfills expectations. While not cheap, what you are paying for is the location and the space, both of which are in line with Fabienne's description. The terraces are wonderful. However, I would not recommend staying here with a group of more than 3 couples (two couples with four kids would be fine though). This is because some windows and inner doors do not seal properly. Also due to the high ceilings and lofty rooms, it is hard to keep the place cool in the summer without constant use of both AC and fan.
Overall we had a wonderful stay.
Fabienne's flat is absolutely amazing- incredible location and beautifully decorated! Fabienne was very helpful and flexible, including let us stay on in the flat on our check out day as there was no one in directly after us, which was fantastic.