About this listing
Our first experience with Airbnb was in 2011 as travellers and since then both of us have been toiling over the idea of hosting. It took us a while, but are now ready to open our home and heart to the Airbnb community worldwide!
About our home
Our home has 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, kitchen and an adjoining dining area.
Off the three bedrooms, one is used by the two of us and our 9 month old; while the other is a cosy entertainment room where we usually lounge during evenings and watch Bollywood movies. (Feel free to join us if you want to get a flavour of some Indian movies :-)
The other permanent occupants of the second room are my acoustic and bass guitars. And if you fancy playing some music then pls go ahead and strike a few chords.
The third room is yours (the one with 2 African paintings). It's a cozy private room. And because we are off the main road; you get to sleep and work peacefully. Your room is connected to a private bathroom which will be exclusively for your use during the stay.
Apart from our bedroom - our guests can access the entire home. The home is also equipped with a fully operational kitchen and you are more than welcome to use the kitchen during your stay. If you fancy cooking, you may do so, else feel free to order in from the several eateries in the neighbourhood.
The kitchen is equipped with a double burner, microwave, conventional oven, refrigerator, utensils and all other ingredients that one may need to cook. Both me and my wife love cooking and while I love cooking my Indian curries, my wife takes care of the bakes. If you have similar interest; then let us know and we'd love to cook together sometime.
Interaction with Guests
We take pride in taking care and looking after our guests and would interact as frequently as our guest would want. And certainly without being intruders.
We live in a quite and hip neighbourhood of Gurgaon (20 minutes from the New Delhi Airport) called Sushant Lok 1. And the neighbourhood has great connectivity with the New Delhi metro. The nearest metro station is IFFKO chowk (pronounced as If-ko chalk) and is 1.2 kms from our home (14 min walk) Apart from the metro - which operates from 530am - 1140pm; radio cabs and tuk-tuk's are also available round the clock. Uber + uber like services are also available in town.
If the need arises for you to access cash vending machines/ATM's then the nearest ATM is 100 mtrs from the house. Apart from this our neighbourhood also gives you access to some of the of the nicest shopping malls in the town. Galleria market (a land mark in Gurgaon) is 150 mtrs from our home which provides several eating options (from Italian cafes, to an American diner, to Indian eateries and very fancy bakery and grocery stores.) We are also 1.7 kms away from Kingdom of Dreams - the Broadway of India - the tickets of the show can be booked online and we can help you with that.
Other Things to Note
Delhi/Gurgaon is a lot more polluted compared to many other cities around the world and if you spend a lot of time walking on the streets then you cannot avoid but use the washer and dryer. (We have installed a fully automatic machine which you can use but the drier only dries up to 85%. The remaining 15% water can be dried by placing the clothes in the backyard of the house )
In an unfortunate scenario of you requiring any medical attention - we have 4 world class hospitals in the radius of 1 kms.
We will provide you with 1 set of keys so that you can come and leave at your own will. Apart from this we can also provide you with a local mobile phone with internet connectivity so that you can stay connected with you family back home and the world (on request). Getting a local phone can be very painful for foreigners in India.
Feel free to write to us and we will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. We hope that you are as excited to come to our city and as we are to welcome you.
- Smoking is not permitted
- However you can access the backyard and smoke their
- The house is equipped with a B&W Zepplin Air which can be connected to your Apple device, but pls refrain from playing loud music after 9pm
- If you want to invite your friends over then pls let us know in advance.