About This Listing
My apartment is located in the heart of the youthful, dynamic and cosy area "Nørrebro", where you'll find lot's of good hang-out spots and an authentic feel of Copenhagen.
THE APARTMENT is a lovely 2-room-flat with an open kitchen, living room and bedroom. There is lot's of light coming in and the apartment has newly been renovated with a modernized kitchen and bathroom.
In the bedroom there is a large double bed (king size), closet space and a work space. In the living room there is a dining table with 6 chairs, a book shelf and a couch corner with a table and projector with surround stereo if you want to watch movies ect. from a computer. There is Wi-fi in the apartment.
It is an ideal spot for couples but can also easily fit three people as the couch can be made into a bed.
Right in the Guldbergsgade neighborhood around Sanct Hans Square, the Assistens Graveyard and the only thai michelin restaurant in the world named Kiin Kiin. Lots of green grocers, supermarkets, cafés, bars, RUST night club and the city´s cheapest and best shawarma around the corner on Nørrebrogade.
HOW TO GET HERE
The city center is about 15 minutes walk away and there is easy access to public transportation (bus) leaving from Nørrebrogade.
Unfortunately I haven't met Nikolaj because he was in the Netherlands but he left some guides and maps for me and was available all the time to answer my questions.
The apartment itself is clean, well equipped and located in the heart of Nørrebro. I fell in love with this district! I'll definitely come back to Nikolaj's apartment next time when I visit Copenhagen. And I can highly recommend for other travelers to stay there too.
Overall, my experience was *very* positive at Nikolaj's apartment. I would definitely stay there again!
A few of the highlights on how Nikolaj made the experience a good one
* He was very responsive before getting there, leaving specific instructions on who to meet to get the key
* The apartment is in a great location in Norrebro, around the corner from the most hipster part of Copenhagen with easy access to bus stops that take you directly into the heart of the city in 5-10 minutes
* The apartment mostly had what I needed, such as clean bedding, enough light, cooking and cleaning supplies, a stove with lighter, and bathroom supplies (it did not have a dishwasher, washing machine, or TV).
* I arrived in the winter and the apartment had quality, functional heating to keep me warm!
A couple of minor things are included below that explain why I didn't give a 5-star review.
* The floors are quite creaky and the building in general tends to make it easy to hear others.
* The unit is on the 4th floor, which was good exercise but sometimes tough if I had to run back because I forgot something.
* I miscalculated how long I needed to stay at Nikolaj's place by a few days, and he kept me to my original booking. I think that is totally understandable given he and many others rely on revenue from Airbnb, but I just want to mention it to other potential long term / medium term renters to either agree on the flexibility ahead of time or just double check the time you'll stay at Nikolaj's apartment.
Overall, I would definitely stay at Nikolaj's place again if I was visiting Copenhagen and wanted an affordable short to medium term place to stay with access to the city.
Three of us stayed in this beautiful apartment for 4 days. Nikolaj was a very welcoming and friendly host. He met us at the apartment very early in the morning due to our flight and gave a detailed explanation of how to find our way around Copenhagen and the best places to see/eat etc.
Communication before arrival was great as responses were quick and detailed. The apartment is exactly as shown - clean, tidy and bright. Good location too as less than a 10 minute bus ride from the city centre. Quiet area with local supermarkets and nearby bus stop also.
I would definitely recommend staying here! Thanks again Nikolaj!
Nikolaj's apartment was perfect -- great location, looked just like the pictures, a great base for exploring copenhagen. Nikolaj himself was also really friendly and had great tips for what we should do in the city. Wholly recommended!
My wife and I stayed in Nicolajs lovely apartment for a week. Nicolaj is very friendly and generous, and was always ready to help us. We had a wonderful time in Copenhagen and can highly recommend this place.
About the Host, Nikolaj
Hi I am Nikolaj. I am very interested in philosophy, history and human sciences in general. Besides studying I play soccer, meditate and do yoga in my spare time. I love cooking and hanging out with my friends over a good meal. When I have the time getting out in nature is also one of my big passions. Doing hikes, sailing or canooing. Finally I love travelling and meeting other cultures. Besides traveling Europe I've been to India, Nepal, South East Asia, and Central America. By hosting people in my apartment I hope to be able to give a good impression of Copenhagen and Denmark, which always will be my "home".