About this listing
The Ocean Rose is a modern, unique family home with amazing ocean views situated on the cliff just above Seacliff State Beach in Aptos.
***The Ocean Rose is best suited for families and is located in a very quiet neighborhood. It is NOT A PARTY PAD. This is a peaceful, quiet residential neighborhood. If your intention is to PARTY we reserve the right to ask you to leave. ***
If you have members of your party with mobility issues, please be aware the house has an inverted floor plan. The living area, kitchen and master bedroom are upstairs.
The Ocean Rose is a modern, unique family home with amazing ocean views situated just steps from Seacliff beach in Aptos. This beautifully furnished vacation home has vaulted ceilings, hardwood, slate and carpeted floors, lots of windows, two ocean view decks, indoor and outdoor dining, and beautiful landscaping. The home has beautiful ocean views from almost every room and you can hear the gentle crash of the waves while lying in bed. We're located on the bluffs above Seacliff State Beach in Aptos. Time to walk from front door to toes in the water: 5 Minutes. (NOTE: Due to recent storms, the Beachgate trail to the beach may be closed for safety. In this case, beach access would be from the corner of State Park & Seacliff.)
*11% Santa Cruz County rental tax.
* 3 bedrooms, 1800 square feet, sleeps 8 very comfortably
* fully furnished
* internet access and wireless network
* cable with HD TV's in living room and all bedrooms
* Chromecast for Netflix and Hulu streaming
* Blue ray DVD player in living room (bedrooms downstairs each have TV/DVD units)
* collection of family movies & games
* stereo system with separate audio controls in each room
* master bedroom - California king bed
* second bedroom - queen bed
* third bedroom (sleeps 4) - bunk bed with trundle and a twin
* towels and linens provided
* modern kitchen with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances
* cooking spices and essential pantry items provided
* laundry room with LG washer and dryer
* outdoor hot water shower to rinse off the sand
* parking for 2 cars available in driveway (no garage parking) and space for 1 car on street in front of house
* 3 bikes, 1 child's scooter (no helmets)
* gas barbecue
* sand toys, boogie boards, 4 beach chairs and umbrellas.
* Small portable crib/Graco Pack n' Play On the Go Travel Playard, baby gate for top of stairs & baby monitor
TOT certificate #C000367
Full access of house, yard and driveway. Garage not available for parking however guests have access to garage for beach items and bikes.
Interaction with guests
Guests are emailed the night before their reservation with check in information and the day after check in to make sure everything is satisfactory.
Other things to note
Our neighbor stores his car in our garage while he is away. If he needs to access it, he will let you know.
*Noise: This is a peaceful, quiet residential neighborhood. Please respect our neighbors. This is not a "Party Pad". If your intention is to PARTY we reserve the right to ask you to leave.
*Quiet hours: 10pm-7am
*Smoking is NOT allowed in the house OR on balconies.
* Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
* Pets are NOT allowed.
* Parking is limited to 3 vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in driveway and 1 car may be parked on the road in front of the house.
*Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
*Please use provided beach towels for the beach. We do not permit bath towels or linens to be taken from the house. Beach towels must be washed, dried and put away before checkout. The housekeeper will not wash them due to time restraints.
* Please follow all check in/out instructions emailed to you before your stay.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
I am a high school English teacher and my husband is a product manager in the Silicon Valley. We love the constantly changing landscape of the Pacific Ocean. We are excited about sharing our home with other ocean lovers and traveling the world with our two daughters, ages 17 and 14.