About this listing
One vacant room in a two bedroom house, with a king size bed, free wifi, heating and cooling, transport and amenities within walking distance... what more could you want?!?
My partner and I have one vacant room, which is a very good sized room, in my beautiful 1940's two bedroom house. Balinese/thailand theme throughout house. You will not feel cramped, like you're sleeping in a matchbox!! This room includes:
- King size bed
- Double wardrobe
- TV/DVD player & over 500 DVD's to watch
- Open fireplace
If you have more people, and they are happy to sleep on a very comfy couch, then let me know! I also have a queen size air bed, and people have said it feels just the same as a real bed, it looks exactly the same and is the same height.. just has air in it instead! Also, at times my room may be vacant. It has a king size bed in it, so contact me to see if this is available if needed.
Moonee Ponds is a gorgeous suburb, with amazing cafes and shops along the very well known "Puckle Street". You will find pretty much all you need along here, if you don't want to go to big shopping centers. But if you are keen, High Point shopping centre is accessible by tram, which stops just outside my door, and goes right out the front of the shopping centre, so no car is needed. It's also great for Spring Racing Carnival!! So close to Moonee Valley and Flemington Race course. So close to the CBD - a stone's throw away from the city centre.
- 5 min walk to tram 59, which goes straight down to the intersection of Elizabeth Street and Flinders Street (allow 25-30 mins)
- 10 min walk to Moonee Ponds train station, which goes into Southern Cross Station/Flinders Street (allow 10-20 mins)
- Car parking available outside of house, on street parking is very safe. Have never had a problem in four years living here.
- Fuel station 2 min walk
- Supermarket 5-10 min walk
- Shops, cafes, restaurants 10 min walk
- Marbyrong River and Queen Park also very close if you are looking for a nice walk/jog/run.
- Moonee Valley Race course 10 min walk
- Flemington Race course and show grounds 20 min walk
- Williamstown beach 15 min drive
House includes lounge with TV/Blu-ray DVD player/surround sound/loads of DVDs. Internet is accessible throughout house, using WiFi. Kitchen with coffee machine, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster etc. Bathroom with separate bath and shower. Laundry with washing machine. I also have a backyard, which is a decent size. Open fire places in both bedrooms, as well as lounge, and central heating and cooling. I have a tropical garden, with a water feature, a paved area and also lawn area, BBQ and gas warmer in backyard also. So it is very relaxing to sit outside and have a couple of quite drinks, read a book, or sun bake in the summer.
I have traveled around Europe. SE Asia, NZ and Indonesia, so would love to share my spare room with anyone that is traveling around OZ, or just an Aussie who needs a bed in Melbourne. Please be respectful of my house, and not bring randoms home late each night, or try to sneak people in... It's not a hostel! My boyfriend and I will be working most of the time, as I'm a nurse and I do shift work and he's a plumber. So you will most likely have the house to yourself at times. I can give you a map of places to go, and attractions to see when you arrive if needed.
We have a female St Bernard dog, her name is Bella. She has a great nature and temperament, and is used to people of all ages. She lives outside! So if you are scared of dogs, you wont have a problem.
We also have a male ragdoll cat, Ozzie. He loves cuddles, sleeps most of the day and is very chilled out.
Any questions please feel free to contact me and I'll get back to to ASAP.
- One bedroom with king size bed
- Wifi throughout house
- Lounge room with 8 seater couch/TV/BluRay player/DVDs/Nintendo Wii
- Full kitchen facilities
- Main bathroom with shower/bath/toilet
- Laundry with washing machine
- Backyard with BBQ/gas heater/seating/clothesline
Interaction with Guests
We are usually around to greet guests when they first arrive. But if not, we arrange a key for our guests and leave directions for them, so they still feel very welcome. During the week we will be at work all day, but home most nights for dinner. Some weekends we go away also.
Moonee Ponds is a great area. We have always felt safe here! It's so great that we have everything so close, and it's all walking distance. The cafes on Puckle Street are amazing! "Lil Kitch" is my favorite, and I highly recommend it. The shops are also great along Puckle. The parks are good, and there is some really nice walks/runs to do around the area. Getting into the CBD is so easy, and very quick. You can either go by train/tram/car. And highpoint shopping center is so close also.
Transport is within walking distance from our house. Myki cards are available from all 7/11 stores or train stations. There is a 7/11 store close by (allow 5mins walking). We can also organise a Myki card for you, just as long as you give notice.
- Tram 59 takes you right into Flinders St, and is only a 2min walk away (allow 25-30mins on tram). It also goes towards Essendon and the airport. You can get off at the very last stop and then get a 5min cab ride to the airport.
- Moonee Ponds train station is a 10min walk away, which takes you into Southern Cross Station/Flinders Street Station (allow 10mins on train)
- Also, there is a tram stop just across the road, that takes you to High Point Shopping Centre, and then keeps going to Footscray station.
No smoking inside!
No shoes or heels to be worn inside, on floorboards.
About the Host, Abbie
My names Abbie, i'm a 28 year old female from Melbourne, Australia.
I'm a division 1 registered nurse, and work at one of the major hospitals in Melbourne. But I'm currently on Maternity leave as my partner and I have a little 7wk old baby boy. He's amazing and we are so extremely lucky!!!
Love traveling so much and have spent 4 months travelling across Europe in 2012, which was amazing and I can't wait to go back and take my little family. I've also seen parts of SE Asia, NZ, and Indonesia.