After a full day of the parks this is a perfect place to recharge and do it all again the next day. You'll enjoy a comfy room in a modern updated home that we put a lot of love into over the years. We hope we can host you for your Orlando visit!
The room is set with a queen size pillow top mattress, 2 night stands, luggage rack, ceiling fan and local attraction guides / coupon books to restaurants & attractions. You will enjoy a private bedroom of 132 sq ft/ 11.2 m2 with closet and a shared bathroom (occasionally shared with the other listing we have here on airbnb, https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/742642). .
The home was built in '79 but fully remodeled in 2009. Its a 3 bedroom 2 bath home living space 194 m2 or 2,098 sq ft, with new central A/C system, an attached garage and private pool. There is a full gourmet kitchen, outdoor grill, and home entertainment system in the living room available for your use. As for safety the home comes with secured monitoring alarm system and you will have a personalized code upon arrival.
- Complimentary WIFI - up to 30 Mbps, really fast!!
- Complimentary laundry facilities: washer / dryer / iron
- Full access to kitchen / oven / microwave / refrigerator / dishwasher / coffee maker & tea / toaster / vitamix for great smoothies
- Complimentary Direct TV in living room with home entertainment system includes Netflix.
- Fresh linens and toiletries
The home is nestled in College Park. This is a great neighborhood to see and experience Orlando as a local. You'll be close to downtown but also away from the tourist traps and traffic from the area. You are walking distance from various restaurants, bars/pubs, coffee shops, Publix (our grocery store) parks and lakes. Edgewater Drive is the main street with everything you might need. Checkout the map in the listing below and zoom in to see what's around the neighborhood!
We recommend you rent a car to maximize your limited time here in Orlando. We provide free parking in front of the home on our side of the street. The home is located near the following areas by car:
2 minutes from I-4 (main highway in the city)
5 minutes from Florida hospital / Dubsdread Golf Course
6 minutes from Downtown Orlando / Amyway Arena / Church st / Lake Eola / Citrus Bowl / MEGABUS bus stop
7 minutes to Greyhound bus stop
8 Minutes to Maitland
10 minutes to Altamonte Springs
11 minutes to Winter Park/Park Ave & Rollins College
15 minutes to Millenia Mall & 1st Prime Outlet Mall
19 minutes to Universal Studios/Island of Adventures / Halloween Horror Nights / Mardi Gras / Harry Potter / Transformer
21 minutes to Orlando Convention Center
24 minutes to 2nd Prime Outlet Mall
26 minutes to Orlando International Airport
28 minutes to Seaworld / Aquatica
30 minutes to Epcot
31 minutes to Downtown Disney
34 minutes to Animal Kingdom/Magic Kingdom
45 minutes to Port Canaveral (cruise port) / Coco Beach
1 hr to New Smyrna Beach
1 hr 15 minutes to Kennedy Space Center
1.5 hours to Clearwater Beach
1 hr 45mins to St. Augustine
As you can see we highly recommend a car with your visit to see what the city offers. You can park on the street in front of the house and yes parking is FREE!
If you will not have a car during your stay you can use UBER as your taxi, for first time users we can give you a free credits, simply download the app (iOS, Android & Windows) and enter in promo code "SFJYP"
Or you can use LYFT, for first time users download the app and use promo code "javier424" for free credits.
There is also Lynx which is the Orlando bus system.
Also Super Shuttle is a great and easy way to reach the home if you're flying in without a car.
Or if you're taking the bus into the city check out MEGABUS.
We can provide transportation for a fee upon request and with what our schedule would allow. Inquire for details.
Other Things to Note
If you're interested in booking this room please answer the following questions below and yes for "Instant Bookers" as well. This will speed up the booking process.
- whats the purpose of your visit?
- will you have a car rental during your stay? We have a free parking in the drive way or street parking.
- does anyone have any dog allergies? Mia our dog roams the home but does not enter your bedroom
- did you review the house rules and are you ok with them?
- the bathroom you see in the pictures is a shared bathroom with the other airbnb listing we have. Not to worry we tidy up before and after each guest and have plenty of linens and toiletries to go around. Are you ok with this?
Don't be shy feel free to ask us anything especially if you're new to airbnb ;) This is after all about sharing and feeling comfortable with your hosts!
Our commitment is to provide you:
1. Great Value
2. An impeccably clean room and house
3. A very central location, easy to access everything you want to see in the city.
4. The most comfortable bed. It's a pillow top bed with high sheet thread counts.
5. Expertise on the city to help make your experience memorable- we have over 10 cumulative years in Orlando and very diverse interests. We're here to help!
6. Assistance if you want it and peace and quiet if you don't.
7. Flexible check in and check out
House rules are:
- No smoking inside the home, outside only
- Only registered renters are allowed in the home
- Parking is free, please park on the left side of the drive way or directly in front of the home side street (not across the street)
- Carry luggage into room, we can assist if needed, to protect wood floors.
- Turn on house alarm if you are the last one to leave
- Please lock the front door as you leave or when you come back in.
- Place dirty dishes in the dish washer
- Show ID at checkin if you have not verified your airbnb profile.
- Home has wood floors, please no stomping or dropping heavy items on the floors, examples: drop keys on floor, drop luggage on floor. Appreciate you understanding ;)
- If you see any issues during your stay please bring it to our attention right away so we can address it during your stay.
- no question is a silly question please always feel free to ask anything :)
Javier & Muriel's was perfect for me: I wanted a clean, quiet, comfortable place, close to the hotel where my meetings were held.
But I would also add that their location is in a very desirable part of Orlando, near downtown, but also just blocks from neighborhood shopping and even a Starbucks!
my first experience at Airbnb could not be better. I Stayed for 4 days in the house of Javier & Muriel. They received me very well, the house is faithful the website photos, the location is very good with all basic services, clean house, otimo space. I'll be back soon.
We loved our stay! This was my husband and mines first experience wht airbnb and we loved it. We had a last minute trip to orlando due to family reasonings and Javier's home made us feel relaxed and right at home! They were fantastic hosts and we will be staying here again
If you're traveling to Orlando, Javier and Muriel's home is a GREAT place to stay. The area itself is very quiet, and there are a bunch of good restaurants in the vicinity. You can also get to the theme parks pretty easily.
Javier was a great guy to talk to; very laid-back and helpful. He made me feel right at home.
I absolutely enjoyed my stay here! This was my first airbnb experience and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Although I didn't have a chance to meet Javier & Muriel, Javier was good at communicating with me if I needed something. The home is extremely clean in a lovely neighborhood. My bed was heavenly. I would stay here again :)
We had a great stay at Javier and Muriel's place. The bed was soooooo comfortable and the house was lovely. We didn't get to meet Muriel as she was away but Javier was really friendly and had heaps of great recommendations!
Javier est un hôte exceptionnel
Accueillant, sympathique et attentionné.
Sa maison est conforme à la description et bien placée à Orlando. Le quartier est calme et sécurisé. La chambre est très confortable. Je recommande sans hésiter la maison de Javier et Muriel.
This host has 131 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I was born in Lima, Peru but was raised in Miami, FL. Grew up in South Florida and in 2006 made the move up north and now call Orlando, FL home. Married and now livin the dream. My job is in the travel industry, cruise to be specific. I've been doing it since after college and love what I do.
Muriel is from Colombia and recently moved to Orlando. She has a background in fashion design but is going back to school for ESL. She's a total extrovert of the relationship and loves to entertain. Muriel and I both enjoy to travel and like to experience trips through a locals perspective and meet fun people. We've met several in our travels already. We are simple folks and balance each other out. She's the voice of reason and I'm the dreamer, ha!
Mia our shih-tzu / lhasa apso is the greeter of the home. When guests arrive she must sniff you out for approval. No worries she has yet to not approve any of our guests. Also unlike typical small dogs, she is not a barker. Instead she's more of a cuddler by your side type of pup. She likes to be taken out 3 times a day and must taste test what you're eating ;) She'll be your new friend while you're here.
We've been to: Italy, France, all around the Caribbean, parts of Canada, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica, Australia and all around USA. On our bucket list is Tahiti, Spain, Brazil, All over Europe, Japan and the moon!!
We began hosting guests in Oct 2012 it's been a blast so far. We look forward to hosting guests from different parts of the world. We would share with you tips for shopping, dining and of course the parks. We strive to have your stay with us as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Also while you're here we would show you the "local side" of what Orlando has to offer. You just might be surprised!
We've hosted guests from: Poland, Argentina, US, Belgium, UK, Guyana, Singapore, Germany, Spain, Costa Rica, China, Delhi, Scotland, Ecuador, Australia, Korea, Tahiti, Estonia, Italy, Switzerland, Sweden, India, Finland, Colombia, Peru, France, Brazil, Canada, Ireland, Israel, Taiwan, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Slovenia and South Africa. Where will our next guests be from?
Life motto for us, we are big believers in karma so in our daily lives we try to put out as much positive energy as possible because, "what goes around, comes around!"
If you're a newbie to airbnb, welcome!