This authentic Mexican vacation house has all the amenities of home for vacationers exploring Colonial Mexico with 16th Century churches, monasteries, archeological sites, and fascinating museums some with Diego Rivera Murals! Great central location!
Villa El Nido
This ample house of 900 sq.ft is fully furnished and equipped for any length of stay with its own private terrace overlooking lush gardens.
Villa El Nido has two bedrooms separated by glass and turned red cedar French doors. Enclosed terrace bedroom has a view to the gardens below with an adjacent outside patio and a 32" smart flat screen T.V. The other double bed of this suite is in the living and dining areas. A beautiful Talavera handpainted tile bathroom from 1950 looks out over the City.
Spacious living areas provide comfortable spaces for up to 4 guests. A completely equipped tile kitchen has plenty of light with two large, arched windows opening to the front garden and the back terrace and for those who wish to cook, this great kitchen comes with a gas stove/oven, 2 door refrigerator, toaster oven, juicer, coffeemaker, blender, glasses, dishes, silverware, pots & pans, and cooking utensils. Washer and service area for laundry-no extra cost.
A few steps away is the pool area with majestic palms and a pool house with tables, chairs and BBQ makes alfresco dining possible year round.
Personalized service with full-time staff to attend to everything. Located in an upscale neighborhood of Bellavista which is centrally located with the major avenue for Cuernavaca, Ave. Emiliano Zapata only 1.5 blocks away. The Historical Downtown with the Palace of Cortez, the Brady Museum, the Borda Gardens, and the 16th Cent. Cathedral is 5-8 minutes from Villa El Nido. Public transport is available on Ave. Zapata and a radio taxi is 1/2 block from Las Villas de Bellavista.
Las Villas de Bellavista is a 3rd generation family business and is legally registered with the Morelos Tourism Department and the Federal Tax Authorities (SAT), which is required for any and all establishments offering any type of hospitality services. According to the Federal and State Tourism and Tax laws, a Federal and State tax is required on all registered receipts in order for the rental contracts to be legally binding. Only with registered establishments are guests fully protected by State and Federal laws which regulate and oversee hospitality establishments.
Las Villas de Bellavista has earned from SECTUR the recognition of Distintivo "M" Programa Moderniza 2014.
Each Villa either has a small private terrace with table and chairs or private terrace with garden.
The pool and exterior furniture is shared between the guests at Las Villas. Feel free to the towel basket at the pool house.
Table, chairs and umbrella are set daily as well as the lounge chairs for sunning.
Interaction with Guests
We are going into our third generation and live on-site.
Our neighbourhood is called Bellavista which means beautiful view. This is a residential area with great estates. We have an art school across the street from Florence, Italy that gives classes in resoration, art history, fresco painting and Renaissance techniques. We are walking distance from convenience stores, supermarkets, banks, restaurants, cafes, etc.
1.5 blocks away we have public transport (rutas) and up the street a radio taxi stand (taxi Citlalli).
We offer free parking for Villa renters and guests.
When coming from the International Airport in México City you would need to get the Executive Airport Bus service on Pullman de Morelos. It is a 2 hour ride to Cuernavaca.
We can also offer a private registered driver to pick you up at the Airport.
Driver can also offer excursions to Haciendas, World Heritage archeological site of Xochicalco, the silver mining town of Taxco, beautiful Tepoztlan, Tlayacapan, Malinalco, Mexico City, etc.
Other Things to Note
We have a mix of retired long term tenants and monthly guests escaping their winters, families in the summers studying at our most prestigious Spanish language schools in Cuernavaca.
Vacationers eager to explore the historic Colonial highlands of México, for a rich cultural experience.
Pets are Welcome.
When more than one Villa has a pet please have pets on leash in the common areas/gardens. (we will advise you when you check-in).
Please, Pets must be house trained. (No continuous barking).
If you are a smoker please smoke outdoors.
LAS VILLAS DE BELLAVISTA
Rules for Safe and Sane Living at
Las Villas de Bellavista
Please remember that we must all live together peacefully and harmoniously:
By requesting lodging services from Las Villas de Bellavista, the Guest(s) will be deemed to have agreed to the rules and regulations hereafter:
1. Once the reservation deposit and/or final payment is received there are no refunds. Seven nights are required in order to receive the weekly discount and any additional nights past seven are pro-rated on the weekly rate. Thirty nights are required in order to receive the monthly discount and any additional nights over thirty are pro-rated on the monthly rate. Failure to comply to this requirement will cause additional charge to your security deposit or open voucher based on our daily or weekly rate once the villa is vacated.
2. If you plan to have guests stay at your villa, please advise first since extra person charges may apply. The use of the facilities and common areas are for the exclusive use of registered Guest(s) of Las Villas de Bellavista who have not checked out. The villas are not to be subletted, lent or used by anyone other than the registered Guest(s).
3. A non-refundable 50% deposit is required to reserve a villa. For Guest(s) who are staying indefinitely, a last month´s rent deposit is required. First priority for a villa rental will be given to present Guest(s). However, if no deposit is received, then the reservation will not be in force.
4. On arrival please inspect the villa for any damages etc. and report these to the management within 24 hours. The security deposit covers damage, breakage or loss of furnishings, appliances, house hold items and any and all villa charges. If there is no loss, breakage, damage, or uninhabitability, the security deposit will be returned on departure, however, if the security deposit does not cover damages, losses or any other charges incurred by the Guest(s) then an additional deposit is required and the Guest(s) is responsible for any and all payments due. Failure to do a “Walk-through” or failure to relinquish keys to the property forfeits the security deposit or voucher which will be charged the security deposit amount.
5. The cleaning schedule is pre-arranged and changes might be allowed with previous notice. If the house is not made available for the scheduled cleaning then it will be cleaned at the next scheduled cleaning. Complete cleaning of the villa is once a week. Washing of dishes and clean-up after meals is responsibility of the Guest(s). Extra charges will apply if clean-up is necessary of kitchen dishes, utensils, pot/pans etc. are left dirty. Please do not use the white towels for any cleanup of the villa and ask for cleaning rags instead. If Guest(s) wants personal maid/cook then this service is (website hidden) ease take your kitchen garbage to your outside garbage can for disposal.
6. Pool temperature is set at 76º-78º F. (24.4-25.6 C. ) on weekends. If higher temperature is desired, gas charges will be applied. During the winter months the pool cover will remain in place unless a guest requests it uncovered for swimming purposes only.
7. Free WiFi internet is provided in the villas for short term guests. Cable TV with different packages is available through previous arrangements and pre-payment. For those guests staying longer than one month a nominal fee for WiFi is charged.
8. For the consideration of our non-smoking guests, please smoke outside. We have the climate that is user-friendly! If the Guest(s) chooses to smoke inside, then a $100.00 USD charge will apply and check-out time will be at 10AM in order to allow time to clean the villa of the smoke residue.
9. Turn off all lights when not using them to help our environment. Please be conscientious when using the washers and dryers and wash/dry full loads. Water is rationed year-round, so please do not waste it by taking long showers or leave it running, dripping, etc. Villas de Bellavista is not responsible for excessive usage of water by the Guest(s) and in doing so will deplete your water supply.
10. Please remember that services such as electricity, water, Cable T.V, and Cable Internet are managed by the providers, not us, and any interruption in service is usually due to their operations.
11. Tips and gratuities are not included, so please tip accordingly-
Normally between 2 and 5% of your total bill.
12. Do not honk your horn at the gate or allow your guests to do so.
13. Please do not play loud music at the pool and please ask those present if it would disturb them to play your music. Parties may be an exception, please ask.
14. If you bring food or drink (no glass) to the pool, please clean up afterwards.
15. If you use the cushions, chairs, chaise lounges, tables, pool toys etc. at the pool please return them to their proper place.
16. Children at the pool area must always be supervised at all times with a responsible adult who can swim, we do not provide life-saving service.
17. You are responsible for any damages/loss to the properties you or your guest(s) make.
18. All pool parties after 8:00PM must be ok´d first.
19. Please request permission before making improvements to the gardens or the house you occupy.
20. Please drive slowly when entering the property and always close the gate and instruct your guest (s) to do so also.
21. Please be considerate of your fellow neighbors and respect everyone´s right to privacy, security and tranquility. Please supervise children/pets so that they are not unruly, noisy or bothersome. No loud parties after midnight please.
22. The employees on the premises are working for Las Villas full time. If you need them for a job, carwash, or to employ them for whatever reason, please contract them during their off hours, if they are available. Staff is here from 7AM until 5PM and any requests should be made during this time.
23. Bottled water is provided at 30 pesos for a 19 ltr. water bottle. First bottle is included as well as first time toilet paper and hand soap on monthly rentals. Soap and toilet paper are provided on daily and weekly rentals.
24. Please take your kitchen garbage to the trash can outsider the villa.
25. Security is a priority at Las Villas. Please do not allow unknown people to enter the premises.
26. Please keep all areas clean and uncluttered around your villa. Hang laundry only in appropriate laundry areas. The gardens are for everyone´s enjoyment.
27. Las Villas will not be held responsible for any accidents or injuries that may occur to the Guest(s) or their guests, or to the automobiles of the Guest(s).
28. Pets are not allowed unless previous permission is given. They and their accoutrement must be contained within the area of their villa and all droppings, dirt, damage, injury or accident that occurs is the sole responsibility of the Guest(s). A non-refundable pet security deposit is required for each pet but if damages exceed the amount, the Guest(s) will be responsible for any and all costs. This pet fee is required for any villa in which the pet occupies. Las Villas de Bellavista will not be responsible in any way for the pets of the Guest(s). Check-out time for guests with pets is 10:00 AM.
29. Office hours are from 8AM-9PM Monday-Saturday. For any requests regarding operations/maintenance situations, the hours are from 8AM-5PM Monday-Saturday.
30. Check-in time is 3PM (or at the hour pre-arranged with Management). Check-out time is 1:00PM (or at the hour pre-arranged with Management). For each hour past the check out time, 300 pesos will be charged if no guests are to occupy the villa that day.
31. Please consult Our Particulars for help in locating services or go to: (website hidden) Additional tourist information is located at the pool area-please no not remove.
32. These rules are subject to change at any time.
We had a very good one-week stay in this complex. It's really a lovely, quiet and green setting away from the busyness of the main streets of Cuernacvaca.
The unit was attractive and comfortable and the pool and grounds are impeccably maintained.
Bob, Christina and Jennifer could not have been more helpful. They are very attentive and obviously care that everything is in order.
We also enjoyed the proximity to Tepotzlan. This is such a charming and beautiful place. And just an inexpensive bus or cab ride away.
We were made to feel welcome immediately and were given a full tour of the property and an explanation of how things worked, etc. It was very clean and beautifully peaceful there - the neighbourhood is also close to amenities like a taxi rank and some big supermarkets in case you need supplies and it is only a short taxi ride into toen itself.
Bob was very helpful in that the following day he took the time to offer us extra information about the area which we would have taken advantage of, if we had extra time.
just returned from a few days of magic in mexico. las villas provided the perfect home base for my boyfriend and i as we explored the dia de muertos celebrations in surrounding areas. villa el nido was exactly what we hoped for and certainly more: charming, comfortable, spacious, convenient and affordable. if we didn't have such a packed weekend of exploring we would have spent more time in the villa as we really fell in love with its charm.
the pictures are spot on, in fact its bigger than i imagined. tucked away off the street and hugged by beautiful landscaping that makes you feel very secluded even though you're not. the kitchen amenities were fully equipped and very important to us as i like to cook and we're both vegetarian (not so easy when traveling). the villa made this easy with both its proximity to a large grocery store and its throwback vintage vibe which made me want to stay in there cooking all day. outside terrace and huge windows with natural light make for perfect ambience morning or night. perfect place for short stays, or longer term rentals; feels like a true home away from home.
the owners of the villas were perfect: prompt, gracious, accommodating and open hearted. they were there clearly to support our experience, with as much or as little interaction as we wanted or needed. we were too busy running around experiencing the beauty and culture of the area, but were fortunate enough to have a nice conversation with roberto on our terrace when he came by to help us with our hot water (which was fully functioning, just needed to be turned on). roberto knows the area and clearly has a genuine love of sharing it with people; which is precisely why we choose air bnb over other options when traveling. he even stopped by our last night with a parting gift of some traditional day of the dead flags, which interestingly enough my boyfriend wanted to buy but never got around to. this was hands down our best experience to date.
This was a great place for a quick weekend getaway from D.F. The compound had a great low-key, welcoming vibe during our stay. Cristina and Roberto struck a perfect balance of being helpful and available while also letting us have our space. Within the first 24hrs the place felt like it could have been the beautiful family getaway location that I wish my grandparents or maybe a cool uncle owned so I could crash here anytime I wanted. As it is, we still see ourselves spending a couple weekends here a here to spend some relaxing time out of the city.
Thank you Cristina, Bob and Jenny for a wonderful stay! The grounds are quiet and beautiful, it did not feel like we were in the middle of a city for a second! Stars and crickets every night! The villa was spotless and our hosts were always available but never intrusive. Lots of helpful information, great chats and they even kept the pool heated an extra day for our children. An oasis that we are definitely coming back to. Thank you for a relaxing and fun long weekend.
Estuvimos en la Villa un fin de semana. Tranquilos y muy a gusto. La casa es amplia, cómoda, con todo lo necesario, limpia y acogedora.
El entorno de la casa realmente bonito, no se oye otra cosa q no sean los animalitos o el viento.
Perfecto sitio para desconectar!!!
Roberto fue muy atento, pendiente en todo momento de lo que nos pudiese hacer falta.
Esperamos volver pronto.
We visited the villa this past 4th of july weekend. Roberto greeted us at the gate and we entered a wonderful complex. The villa was perfect for a weekend getaway, everything was super clean and in its place. The house is full of greenery which makes the experience even more relaxing. We didn´t have the best weather so we couldn´t really enjoy the pool, but it is a beautiful complex and we will definitely book it again for another weekend.
Thank you for everything!
This host has 4 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I am an expat who has lived in Cuernavaca for the past 30 years and returned to my home where I was born to marry and raise a family. I lived in California for the first 32 years and find Cuernavaca the best place to live in all the places I have experienced. The weather is the best in the world.
I work with my husband in our third generation family business which his father from New York started when he retired in the 40's building and renting these beautiful Vintage Mexican Colonial style houses. We live on the property in the family home and take pride in trying to provide personal attention to our guests for a Mexican experience we hope they will always treasure. We are nature lovers and assure that our homes and gardens are pesticide free as we develop a green environment using composting, garbage separation, solar panel heating and using natural fibers in our artisan decorations and linens.
I love to cook and was shown at a very early age from my grandmother who lived in Cuernavaca in the 40's how to prepare Mexican food which she learned from her cook. However, living in San Francisco and Los Angeles peaked my interest in Asian food, so I love to prepare not only chile rellenos, enchiladas, mole, salsas and the like, but also Thai noodle dishes, sukiyaki, sushi, Thai spring rolls, yakitori, and chow yuk dishes, pot stickers, etc. Traveling to Hong Kong got me hooked on Dim Sum! Our houses have herb jardineres for those of our guests who are foodies and the kitchens are equipped for them.
Our family loves animals and we have 6 cats and a dog named Boogie, so we welcome guests who want to bring their total "family" with them when they travel and vacation.
When guests stay at Villas Bellavista, they will get a feeling of being part of a community with a mixture of long-term and repeat guests of all nationalities and short-term guests who come for a weekend, a wedding or other family reunions since Cuernavaca is noted for it's fabulous year-round Spring-like weather. Our guests will also be treated to all the tips and information that we provide as Cuernavaca natives that one will not find in guide books or tourist sites to make your Mexican experience a lasting memory.
Soy una mujer bicultural que ha vivido en Cuernavaca por los últimos 30 años, creando una casa y familia. Viví en California los primeros 32 años de mi vida y considero Cuernavaca el mejor lugar para vivir de todos los lugares que he visto ¡El clima aquí es el mejor del mundo!
Trabajo con mi esposo en nuestro negocio familiar ya pasando a su tercera generación, la cual construyó su papá de Nueva York cuando se retiró a sus 40 años para construir y rentar estas casas de estilo México colonial. Vivimos en la propiedad y nos enorgullece la atención personal que ofrecemos a nuestros huéspedes para que puedan tener una experiencia mexicana que esperamos que siempre recordarán. Somos amantes de la naturaleza y por lo tanto nuestras villas y jardines son libres de todo tipo de pesticidas. Nos interesa crear un ambiente ecológico y ambiental al usar composta, separación de basura y calentadores solares, al igual usamos fibras naturales en nuestras decoraciones y fábricas artesanales.
Amo cocinar y a muy temprana edad lo aprendí gracias a mi abuela, quien vivía en Cuernavaca en los 40’s y me enseñó todo lo que sé sobre la cocina mexicana, recetas que retomó de su cocinera. Sin embargo al vivir en San Francisco y Los Ángeles me empezó a interesar la comida asiática, así que no sólo cocino chiles rellenos, enchiladas, moles y salsas, entre otras cosas, sino que también platillos Thai, Sukiyaki, sushi, rollos tailandeses, Yakitoris, Chow yuk y Gyozas. Al viajar a Hong Kong me atrapó el Dim Sum!
Nuestras villas incluyen macetas con hierbas como albacar y tomillo para todos aquellos amantes de la comida gourmet.
Nuestra familia ama los animales, tenemos 6 gatos y un perro llamado Boggie, por lo que damos la bienvenida a cualquier huésped que quiera traer su “familia” completa al viajar y tomar unas vacaciones relajantes.
Cuando nuestros huéspedes se hospedan en Villas Bellavista, sentirán que forman parte de una comunidad, ya que tenemos inquilinos de largo plazo y huéspedes que retornan de todas nacionalidades. Hemos tenido familias, parejas y jubilados que ven las villas como su segundo hogar, y vienen a Cuernavaca al escapar del frío y climas radicales. Algunos vienen por fines de semana, bodas, o otros tipos de reuniones familiares. A todos nuestros huéspedes les ofrecemos tips e información como nativos de Cuernavaca, detalles que uno no encuentra en guías turísticas o sitios de web, lo que hará que tengan una experiencia memorable en la eterna primavera.