About this listing
This home away home offers all the comforts you'll need for a relaxing stay by the lake. Listen to the birds with a coffee on the screened porch, sit outside by the fire at night and enjoy a nice walk to the private beach just around the corner!
This adorable abode is located across the street from Lake Winnipesaukee. It is not waterfront nor are there water views, but there is a tiny private beach with lake access located 1/4 mile away.
**Spring 2016 Update: Is this a luxury home? NO! Is this quiet, clean and comfortable within walking distance to a private beach? YES! We work hard for this home and are in the midst of updating some things. We have lowered the minimum stay and price to reflect these updates: new beds, new fridge, patching up master bedroom ceiling, replacing porch furniture, addressing spotty WiFi with the provider. Please understand these things before you book.
In addition to a large yard, there is a fire pit (bring wood), charcoal grill (bring charcoal), a bike, volleyball set-up, badminton, bag toss and a few board games.
Interaction with Guests
We're available when you need us, otherwise we won't bug you. We are more than happy to offer suggestions for activities and dining in the area! We are not far from the house and can be reached via phone, text, email, carrier pigeon, etc.
The area is very quiet, the house is surrounded by lots of woods and is a 7 minute drive from downtown Meredith where there are great shops, spas and restaurants at Mill Falls. Gunstock Ski Resort, Plymouth State University, New Hampton School and White Mountains are an easy drive away.
Our home is an easy two hour drive from Boston and is a perfect year-round spot for those who enjoy skiing, snowshoeing, ice-fishing, snowmobiling, hiking, golfing, boating, canoeing, kayaking, leaf-peeping and relaxing.
Other Things to Note
*Spring 2016: We are in the midst of updating some things and have lowered the minimum stay and price to reflect these updates: new beds, new fridge, patching up master bedroom ceiling, replacing porch furniture.
*Please plan on bringing your own wood for fires and your own charcoal for grilling.
*We offer a few bath towels, but you may need to bring a few extras for the beach.
*There is a woodstove pictured, but it is not in working order.
*You must take all trash home with you. When available, we will leave dump passes so you can bring your trash to the local dump.
*Please note that the water pressure in the master bedroom is very low.
*WiFi is spotty and therefore is not listed as a regular amenity.
BY RESERVING OUR HOME, THE GUEST AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Tenant is an adult and will be an occupant of the property during the entire reserved period. Other occupants will be family members, friends or responsible adults. Use of the premises will be denied to persons not falling within the foregoing categories, and as a result they would have to vacate the property immediately without any refund. No keys will be issued to anyone who is not an adult.
2. USE OF PREMISIES: Use of the property is for the enjoyment of the Tenants staying in this home. Unless otherwise explicitly stated in this lease, “outside guests" not residing on the property is not to exceed 2 persons at any one time. Tenants are not to have any kind of party, reunion, or other social function.
Pets are not permitted unless prior arrangements have been made between owner and tenant and the arrangements are reflected in this contract.
4. CLEANING: The property will be inspected, sanitized and cleaned after your departure. You are required to leave the property in the same general condition that you received it by making sure, dishes are done and put away, and the home is generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted and sanitized. If additional cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit at the rate of $50 per hour.
5. TENANTS LIABILITY: Tenant agrees to accept liability for any damages caused to the property (other than normal wear and tear) by Tenant or Tenants guests, including, but not limited to, landscaping, misuse of appliances, and/or equipment furnished. Tenant agrees to reimburse owner for costs incurred to repair/replace damaged items.
6. SLEEPING CAPACITY/DISTURBANCES: Tenants and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the deposit fee for any of the following:
A.) Occupancy exceeding the sleeping capacity of 5 adults.
B.) Using the premises for any illegal activity including, but not limited to, the possession, serving or consumption of alcoholic beverages by or to persons less than 21 years of age.
C.) Causing damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties.
D.) Any other acts which interfere with neighbors' right to quiet enjoyment of their property,
E.) Violation of any federal, state, or local laws/ordinances.
7. HOLD HARMLESS: Owner does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither do we accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing. Nor will owner accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control.
8. GARBAGE/WASTE REMOVAL: Tenants are responsible for removing their garbage from the premises at the end of their visit. Garbage bins are available for temporary storage during each visit.
9. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The guest, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges Owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.