This home away home offers all the comforts you'll need for a relaxing stay by the lake. Listen to the birds with a coffee on the screened porch, have a beer outside by the fire at night and enjoy a nice walk to the private beach around the corner!
This adorable abode is located across the street from Lake Winnipesaukee. It is not waterfront nor are there water views, but there is a tiny private beach with lake access located 1/4 mile away.
In addition to a large yard and plenty of parking, our home has three bedrooms, a large kitchen and dining area with all utensils and standard appliances, 1.5 bathrooms and a screened porch.
The master bedroom has a full-sized bed and a private half bathroom. In the second bedroom there are two twins and the third bedroom offers one twin. There is also a sleeper sofa in the living room.
For your use there is a fire pit (bring wood), charcoal grill (bring charcoal), free WiFi, a bike, volleyball set-up, badminton, bag toss and a few board games.
Interaction with Guests
We are more than happy to offer suggestions for activities and dining in the area! We are not far from the house and can be reached via phone, text, email, carrier pigeon, etc.
The area is very quiet, the house is surrounded by lots of woods and is a 7 minute drive from downtown Meredith where there are great shops, spas and restaurants at Mill Falls. Gunstock Ski Resort, Plymouth State University, New Hampton School and White Mountains are an easy drive away.
Our home is an easy two hour drive from Boston and is a perfect year-round spot for those who enjoy skiing, snowshoeing, ice-fishing, snowmobiling, hiking, golfing, boating, canoeing, kayaking, leaf-peeping and relaxing.
Other Things to Note
**Please note that there is a two night minimum, but we are willing to negotiate a one night stay**
Please plan on bringing your own wood for fires and your own charcoal for grilling. We offer a few towels, but you may need to bring a few extras. Also, there is a woodstove pictured, but it is not in working order. Finally, you must take all trash home with you. When available, we will leave dump passes so you can bring your trash to the local dump.
*Please note that the water pressure in the master bedroom is very low.*
BY RESERVING OUR HOME, THE GUEST AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Tenant is an adult and will be an occupant of the property during the entire reserved period. Other occupants will be family members, friends or responsible adults. Use of the premises will be denied to persons not falling within the foregoing categories, and as a result they would have to vacate the property immediately without any refund. No keys will be issued to anyone who is not an adult.
2. USE OF PREMISIES: Use of the property is for the enjoyment of the Tenants staying in this home. Unless otherwise explicitly stated in this lease, “outside guests” not residing on the property is not to exceed 4 persons at any one time. Tenants are not to have any kind of party, reunion, or other social function.
Pets are not permitted unless prior arrangements have been made between owner and tenant and the arrangements are reflected in this contract.
4. CLEANING: The property will be inspected, sanitized and cleaned after your departure. You are required to leave the property in the same general condition that you received it by making sure, dishes are done and put away, and the home is generally picked up and ready to be vacuumed, dusted and sanitized. If additional cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit at the rate of $50 per hour.
5. TENANTS LIABILITY: Tenant agrees to accept liability for any damages caused to the property (other than normal wear and tear) by Tenant or Tenants guests, including, but not limited to, landscaping, misuse of appliances, and/or equipment furnished. Tenant agrees to reimburse owner for costs incurred to repair/replace damaged items.
6. SLEEPING CAPACITY/DISTURBANCES: Tenants and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee for any of the following:
A.) Occupancy exceeding the sleeping capacity of 8 adults.
B.) Using the premises for any illegal activity including, but not limited to, the possession, serving or consumption of alcoholic beverages by or to persons less than 21 years of age.
C.) Causing damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties.
D.) Any other acts which interfere with neighbors' right to quiet enjoyment of their property,
E.) Violation of any federal, state, or local laws/ordinances.
7. HOLD HARMLESS: Owner does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither do we accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing. Nor will owner accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control.
8. GARBAGE/WASTE REMOVAL: Tenants are responsible for removing their garbage from the premises at the end of their visit. Garbage bins are available for temporary storage during each visit.
9. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The guest, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges Owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
The reservation was canceled 86 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
My friends and I enjoyed a lovely weekend at this quaint house in the woods! The description was accurate and Sara was very accommodating. We had a slight issue in the beginning with the heat not working, so when we arrived the house was freezing. But, Sara was able to take care of it and it warmed up quickly. The only complaint I have about the house was that the shower in the master bathroom had very low shower pressure and was basically unusable. The other shower worked great so we all just used that one but it would've been nice to have the second shower. Everything else was great, ample parking, spacious rooms and enough beds to fit us all. The town of Meredith was great as well, we went to "Camp" one night and had awesome service and delicious food! Thanks for a wonderful weekend and a great start to 2015! We would definitely stay again and recommend to others.
My friends and I loved staying at Sara's place. The listing description is very accurate. It's a nice neighborhood. My friends and I wanted to get away from college life, and that's exactly what we got. It's a very nice and quiet place, and definitely very beautiful in the winter. I imagine it must be really pretty in the summer too. Sara was also very nice!
We would definitely stay at Sara's again if I had the chance!
Sara was a magnificent host. We communicated often before our visit and she was always very prompt in replying to our inquiries and fully answered our questions.
Sara was always a click or a phone call away and we appreciated her availability and readiness to assist. We also greatly appreciated all of Sara's recommendations on local attractions (she has great suggestions!!)
The house was clean, bright, and cozy. We really enjoyed the outdoor space. The fire pit and screened-in porch were definite highlights. Inside was wonderful too - we found the kitchen was stocked with everything we needed and loved that there were two full baths in the house.
The house is the perfect proximity to town: Close enough that you don't mind driving to pop in, but far enough away that you could enjoy the peacefulness of the woods and relax in a quiet, beautiful neighborhood.
We loved our stay at this home - it was perfect for our group and we would definitely stay again.
This house is at a good location. We liked the private beach access, just wish the weather was a little better during our stay so we could have enjoyed it more. The house was nice, quiet and clean. It had a good size front yard.
We had some trouble connecting to the wifi and Sara was helpful and responded promptly to it.
There are several activities to do in the area and they are just a short drive away.
The property was just as advertised. Some small issues with plumbing that were known by Sara in advance were communicated to us prior to our arrival. We had a small issue with the wifi in the home as well, but Sara and her family were extremely responsive and remedied the issue. Overall, I was very impressed with the level of service and communication provided to us.
Sara was above and beyond a wonderful host. The home was exactly as pictured and described with everything we needed. She stayed in contact to make sure we were satisfied, and when some small issues were brought to her attention by another guest prior to our stay, she immediately let us know and repaired them in time for our visit. The home was cozy, off the beaten path, but very conveniently located near Meredith. We would happily rent from Sara again when we're back in the area. She was very responsive and kind. Thank you for having us as your guests!