We are located in a warm, friendly neighborhood and close to 2 subway lines. Our apartment is a home away from home with eclectic furnishings and an old world charm. Access to a full kitchen and bathroom directly off of the bedroom.
This listing is for the Master Bed in a lovely 2 bedroom apartment. The room available gets direct sun all morning and overlooks the garden.
There is noise from the bar next door that is light but if you are a light sleeper it can be a problem.
Everything in my apartment is kept very clean. The beds have new and freshly laundered linens on them and clean/new towels are provided. There is a full kitchen with all the utensils and pots and pans you would need to cook a gourmet meal. 4 burner gas stove and oven. Breakfast nook in the kitchen to sit and grab a quick bite or log on to your laptop and have a cup of coffee.
There is a shared living room for hanging out if you want to read a book or just have a chat. The bathroom is also shared. The bathroom is directly located next to the door of the available room so only one step in the common area to the bedroom.
- Full Sized Bed
- Fully furnished bedroom with bed, dresser, lamp and closet.
- Artisan decor with warm and cozy furnishings.
- Air conditioning & Central Heating
- High-speed Wifi
- Window looks out into back garden
- All bedding (sheets, pillows, comforter, bath towels) provided
- 1st floor, no noisy tenants in building.
- Free wifi throughout apartment.
- For your convenience we provide soap from Sabon.
- Kitchen is clean and fully equipped (gas oven, fridge freezer and blender)
- Walk up but on 1st. floor.
- In addition to your room being cleaned before your stay, we pride ourselves on constant cleaning everyday in the common areas. Bathroom and kitchen are kept in pristine condition.
-Laundry is across the street to the apartment.
- 3 minute walk to M train to the city. (20 min ride to city)
- 7-10 minute walk to L train which takes you to Union Square in 15-20 mins)
- NYC visitors guide will be available during your stay.
- Will gladly recommend places in the neighborhood and city. If free for the day you can also tag along to some of our favorite cultural locations as well as great dining in the city on our days off of work.
Check-in is generally at 2pm and check-out is at noon, but I can be pretty flexible when possible.
Within one block of the front door:
* Pizzeria, corner stores, chinese and spanish restaurants as well as a wonderful polish deli.
* 3 Major Banks
* Several grocery stores
* L and M trains to city.
* Please, no cigarette smoking in the apartment, but feel free to smoke on the front stoop.
We are longtime New York residents and would be happy to share more information upon request
Guests have access to the Kitchen, Bathroom and common areas of the apartment. Guests also have access to Niko, our amazing cat :)
* No overnight guests that are not in the contract
* No cigarette smoking in the apartment except on the front stoop.
* Must clean up kitchen and common areas after use.
* We ask that you be awesome!
Two very lovely roommates and one cat. Charming, respectful and professional. Very easy going and personable. Willing to help out.
We are a german couple and made the right choice with this accommodation. Had perfect days in NYC. The room was wonderful: right size for 2 people with nice vintage design details. Good location in Queens, near to Brooklyn. The host was very welcoming & friendly. Always give us good insider tips for nice restaurants, good sightseeing points and cool vintage stores. The Connection to Manhattan is easy. Very good access to the nearby subway. Thank you for everything!
We had a great time in NYC and Jose made us feel very welcome (we even got home baked brownies one evening:)). The place is very close to the metro station which is convenient. We did need the ear plugs provided one night because of a bar that is just next door and plays music quite loud but that was just on a Sunday and the week nights for the rest of our stay were quiet. We very much thank Ian and Jose for letting us stay with them. It was a pleasurable and totally smooth experience!
It is a very nice room, in a great location. The host is very nice and warm, make me feel comfortable.
Merci à Ian et José pour leur accueil chaleureux ! Nous avons pu déposer nos baggages dès le matin à l'appartement et avons été très bien accueillis avec des conseils sur le quartier et bons plans sur la ville dès notre arrivée. Nous nous sommes vraiment sentis chez nous pendant ces quelques jours. La vie du quartier de Ridgewood est très agréable et permet de découvrir un autre New York que celui des cartes postales. Proche de Brooklyn et du sympathique quartier de Williamsburg, sans être loin de Manhattan en métro, ce fut un séjour idéal !
I can't find anymore ways to say how wonderful it was to stay with Ian (for the most part, since Jose went on an exotic trip, returning during my last few days--of course I learned to like Jose just as much as Ian, once he got back). The place is relaxing, easy, comfortable. It's a good bed, a shower, and a small kitchen to cook in. No living room to hang out in, but who comes to New York to be a couch potato?! Clean, peaceful (except the weekends, when the bar next door rocks out, but the guys provide ear plugs .. I slept through it just fine). And let's not forget Niko Niko Niko. The taupe kitty. He rules.
Ian was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and the neighborhood was nice. :-)
This host has 123 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Ian: Born and raised in Ohio. Living in New York for 7 years now. Work as a Fashion Stylist. Pianist, artist, and lover of all things cultural and architectural. Extensive knowledge of great places to eat, museums and little hidden gems for shopping!
Jose: Born and raised here in New York. Studied Economy and Sociology, Professional Real Estate Agent for Manhattan apts. Avid hiker, w/ extensive knowledge of NYC neighborhoods, tips on how to save money while out and about, and general history of the city, neighborhoods and culture.