About This Listing
We are located in a warm, friendly neighborhood and close to 2 subway lines. Our apartment is a home away from home with eclectic furnishings and an old world charm. Access to a full kitchen and bathroom directly off of the bedroom.
This listing is for the Master Bed in a lovely 2 bedroom apartment. The room available gets direct sun all morning and overlooks the garden.
There is noise from the bar next door that is light but if you are a light sleeper it can be a problem.
Everything in my apartment is kept very clean. The beds have new and freshly laundered linens on them and clean/new towels are provided. There is a full kitchen with all the utensils and pots and pans you would need to cook a gourmet meal. 4 burner gas stove and oven. Breakfast nook in the kitchen to sit and grab a quick bite or log on to your laptop and have a cup of coffee.
There is a shared living room for hanging out if you want to read a book or just have a chat. The bathroom is also shared. The bathroom is directly located next to the door of the available room so only one step in the common area to the bedroom.
- Full Sized Bed
- Fully furnished bedroom with bed, dresser, lamp and closet.
- Artisan decor with warm and cozy furnishings.
- Air conditioning & Central Heating
- High-speed Wifi
- Window looks out into back garden
- All bedding (sheets, pillows, comforter, bath towels) provided
- 1st floor, no noisy tenants in building.
- Free wifi throughout apartment.
- For your convenience we provide soap from Sabon.
- Kitchen is clean and fully equipped (gas oven, fridge freezer and blender)
- Walk up but on 1st. floor.
- In addition to your room being cleaned before your stay, we pride ourselves on constant cleaning everyday in the common areas. Bathroom and kitchen are kept in pristine condition.
-Laundry is across the street to the apartment.
- 3 minute walk to M train to the city. (20 min ride to city)
- 7-10 minute walk to L train which takes you to Union Square in 15-20 mins)
- NYC visitors guide will be available during your stay.
- Will gladly recommend places in the neighborhood and city. If free for the day you can also tag along to some of our favorite cultural locations as well as great dining in the city on our days off of work.
Check-in is generally at 2pm and check-out is at noon, but I can be pretty flexible when possible.
Within one block of the front door:
* Pizzeria, corner stores, chinese and spanish restaurants as well as a wonderful polish deli.
* 3 Major Banks
* Several grocery stores
* L and M trains to city.
* Please, no cigarette smoking in the apartment, but feel free to smoke on the front stoop.
We are longtime New York residents and would be happy to share more information upon request
Guests have access to the Kitchen, Bathroom and common areas of the apartment. Guests also have access to Niko, our amazing cat :)
* No overnight guests that are not in the contract
* No cigarette smoking in the apartment except on the front stoop.
* Must clean up kitchen and common areas after use.
* We ask that you be awesome!
Two very lovely roommates and one cat. Charming, respectful and professional. Very easy going and personable. Willing to help out.
I had a great time, but a very short stay at Jose, Ian and Niko's place.
The neighbourhood is great and feels very safe, even when walking back from the subway late at night. There's a choice of subway lines within a short walking distance of the apartment.
The room is really cosy with a very comfortable bed. There was some noise from the bar, but nothing that a (kindly supplied) pair of ear plugs couldn't sort out. It didn't disturb me at all.
The shower was very good too.
I had a late flight back to the UK, and the guys kindly let me store my bags.
I didn't meet Ian, as he was working, but Jose was very friendly and welcoming. The perfect host!
Niko the cat is a cutie. I very much enjoyed his company.
I would definitely consider staying here again next time I go to NYC. Very highly recommended!
The location is very convenient and it feels safe at night. Although it's not quite as close to the station, once you get there it's easy to get around anywhere in the city. The hosts were very nice, helpful, and easy to approach. Definitely would stay there again!
We lived one night in Ian's house. The location is great, only 3-5 mins from the nearest subway. But unfortunately, we stayed on the Saturday night, the bar next door plays loud music until about 4 a.m. and we can not fall asleep before that time, and we had to catch the early flight on the morning, feel too tired and exhausted.
Ian and Jose make sure one of them is available to let you in, no matter the hour. The bed is comfortable, and they provide your own towels in the room, which has a nice, big empty table for your belongings. Clean, quiet and private, the bedroom is at the opposite end of the apartment from Ian/Jose's room. Kitchen is small but some serious cooking goes on in it! (No microwave) The living room is not really for hanging out ... no couch or tv ... but as I have said before "who comes to New York to be a couch potato?" Close to the M and L trains, which are about 30+ minutes into Manhattan. Nice place to stay, reasonably priced. I love it!!
We are a german couple and made the right choice with this accommodation. Had perfect days in NYC. The room was wonderful: right size for 2 people with nice vintage design details. Good location in Queens, near to Brooklyn. The host was very welcoming & friendly. Always give us good insider tips for nice restaurants, good sightseeing points and cool vintage stores. The Connection to Manhattan is easy. Very good access to the nearby subway. Thank you for everything!
Great cozy apartment in vibrant area, and very nice/supportive hosts.
This host has 125 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Ian
Ian: Born and raised in Ohio. Living in New York for 7 years now. Work as a Fashion Stylist. Pianist, artist, and lover of all things cultural and architectural. Extensive knowledge of great places to eat, museums and little hidden gems for shopping!
Jose: Born and raised here in New York. Studied Economy and Sociology, Professional Real Estate Agent for Manhattan apts. Avid hiker, w/ extensive knowledge of NYC neighborhoods, tips on how to save money while out and about, and general history of the city, neighborhoods and culture.