About this listing
We are located in a warm, friendly neighborhood and close to 2 subway lines. Our apartment is a home away from home with eclectic furnishings and an old world charm. Access to a full kitchen and bathroom directly off of the bedroom.
This listing is for the Master Bed in a lovely 2 bedroom apartment. The room available gets direct sun all morning and overlooks the garden.
There is noise from the bar next door that is light but if you are a light sleeper it can be a problem.
Everything in my apartment is kept very clean. The beds have new and freshly laundered linens on them and clean/new towels are provided. There is a full kitchen with all the utensils and pots and pans you would need to cook a gourmet meal. 4 burner gas stove and oven. Breakfast nook in the kitchen to sit and grab a quick bite or log on to your laptop and have a cup of coffee.
There is a shared living room for hanging out if you want to read a book or just have a chat. The bathroom is also shared. The bathroom is directly located next to the door of the available room so only one step in the common area to the bedroom.
- Full Sized Bed
- Fully furnished bedroom with bed, dresser, lamp and closet.
- Artisan decor with warm and cozy furnishings.
- Air conditioning & Central Heating
- High-speed Wifi
- Window looks out into back garden
- All bedding (sheets, pillows, comforter, bath towels) provided
- 1st floor, no noisy tenants in building.
- Free wifi throughout apartment.
- For your convenience we provide soap from Sabon.
- Kitchen is clean and fully equipped (gas oven, fridge freezer and blender)
- Walk up but on 1st. floor.
- In addition to your room being cleaned before your stay, we pride ourselves on constant cleaning everyday in the common areas. Bathroom and kitchen are kept in pristine condition.
-Laundry is across the street to the apartment.
- 3 minute walk to M train to the city. (20 min ride to city)
- 7-10 minute walk to L train which takes you to Union Square in 15-20 mins)
- NYC visitors guide will be available during your stay.
- Will gladly recommend places in the neighborhood and city. If free for the day you can also tag along to some of our favorite cultural locations as well as great dining in the city on our days off of work.
Check-in is generally at 2pm and check-out is at noon, but I can be pretty flexible when possible.
Within one block of the front door:
* Pizzeria, corner stores, chinese and spanish restaurants as well as a wonderful polish deli.
* 3 Major Banks
* Several grocery stores
* L and M trains to city.
* Please, no cigarette smoking in the apartment, but feel free to smoke on the front stoop.
We are longtime New York residents and would be happy to share more information upon request
Guests have access to the Kitchen, Bathroom and common areas of the apartment. Guests also have access to Niko, our amazing cat :)
* No overnight guests that are not in the contract
* No cigarette smoking in the apartment except on the front stoop.
* Must clean up kitchen and common areas after use.
* We ask that you be awesome!
Two very lovely roommates and one cat. Charming, respectful and professional. Very easy going and personable. Willing to help out.
My son Kouadio stayed at Ian's apartment for a week while he studied at a ballet intensive in NYC. He said that the apartment was so comfortable. He would love to return again. Ian provided the keys upon my son's arrival. Ian also communicated with me because my son is younger than most guests, and it was his first time navigating the city by himself. This was so helpful and I remain grateful. My son said that he felt independent there, but also that he had support if he needed it. Thank you Ian so much. We will see you again!
I was pretty much left to my own; which I prefer. I never met anyone except a friend of the host who let me into the apartment.
The neighborhood is safe; there's a nice Polish restaurant two doors down.
There's also a night club next door and I could hear the music on the weekend of my stay.
Though not completely horrific, I wasn't impressed with the cleanliness of the space and there was an odd odor in the pillows.
I loved my stay at Ian's! Jose and Ian were super friendly, kind and welcomed us kindly. As Ian is a fashion stylist, he knows many good places for shopping and eating! All the places he recommended were super nice! The neighbour was safe area and very convenient. I totally recommend this place if you are looking for a stay in NY!!!!!!
Honnêtement la photo est légèrement plus jolie que la réalité!
Le quartier est sécurisé mais pas très attractif, heureusement un arrêt de métro est à environ 300 mètres, qui vous emmènera par exemple à jfk en 30 minutes / 1 heure.
Concernant ian il est accueillant et présent mais sans déranger, ce qui me convient parfaitement.
Dans l'ensemble nous avons bien dormi, c'est bien ca le principal !
We had a really good time in NY. The room is exactly accurate as shown in the picture and their cat is amazing!
Ian was very accommodating. Home is in Very safe area with many things nearby. Train station is TWO blocks away, very convenient to go into the city. Room has plenty of space, and it's nice and clean. Ian offered the kitchen which has everything you need. Room is on the opposite end of the hosts room so you have a lot of privacy.
Ian is a very kind host who help us a lot. The apartment is very convenient to the subway station. I like there so much!
This host has 143 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Ian
Ian: Born and raised in Ohio. Living in New York for 7 years now. Work as a Fashion Stylist. Pianist, artist, and lover of all things cultural and architectural. Extensive knowledge of great places to eat, museums and little hidden gems for shopping!
Jose: Born and raised here in New York. Studied Economy and Sociology, Professional Real Estate Agent for Manhattan apts. Avid hiker, w/ extensive knowledge of NYC neighborhoods, tips on how to save money while out and about, and general history of the city, neighborhoods and culture.