About this listing
640 sq.ft., 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath (shower), behind-the-garage apartment (originally the maid's quarters). The Brad Pitt sofa is for guest number 3. Second bed (instabed self-adjusting air bed) is set up in the "dining area" for guests 4 and 5.
Provided for your entertainment are a 42" HDTV with On-Demand HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Epix, Starz.
300Mb Dual-Band Wi-Fi for Streaming Movies Poolside or Wii Game play in The Lounge. Wii game library and controllers for Fit, Sports, Spa, Super Mario Galaxy, Game Party, etc.
The HUGE kitchen with breakfast bar includes Coffees, Teas, Mocha, Chai-Latte, etc. Kuerig Coffee, French Press, and Espresso makers. Local Roast whole bean provided with grinder.
500 thread count sheets
Thick Pima Cotton Bath Towels
"As seen in" Movies, TV, Photo shoots
Grill & Dine poolside
Decor updated for 2015
"Rainy Day" supplies include books, Spirograph, Uno, Lego set, Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble, etc.
For the Travel Chef we include OrGREENic cookware, Electric Pizza Maker, Traditional Wok, Calphalon Bake ware with kitchen toys to create with! Cooking Pantry Included.
Laundry with Special Care products; Dryel, Woolite, perfume and dye-free laundry products.
Top Quality Skin & Hair Care Products for Men and Women. Mosquito and sun screens provided for your protection.
Mrs. Meyers & Seventh Generation Cleaning products provided.
- Emergency communications (NOAA weather/emergency alerts, internet and network all have power backups)
- Motion-activated security lighting (exterior)
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Member on premises
- Weather monitoring station
- Smoke (ionizing and photocell), Carbon Monoxide sensors with Voice Alarm.
- First Aid, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting (power outages)
* Free, Off-Street, door-side, gated parking
* Sparkling Pool (8 feet at deepest point) with 8+ foot high Privacy Fence. Your own oasis! Huge Pool Towels included. Heated March 1 through October 31.
* Gas Grill by the Pool, gas & tools provided
* Private Courtyard with Lounge Furniture & Tiki Torches
* 1 acre fenced yard and green belt
* Washer & Dryer with top quality supplies located in the garage
* Iron & board and supplies in bedroom closet, with a stick-broom for quick cleanups
Interaction with Guests
Concierge if you need it,
Ghost if you don't.
The dogs and I walk the property perimeter twice per day, otherwise you will probably not have to see us.
Originally a Dairy Farm, ours was the first home built in the area in 1966. It was later subdivided for the children of the builder, creating Walnut Place, an unincorporated section of Travis County enveloped by, but not part of, Austin, Texas.
We live in a quiet, mixed population (ethnicity, age, political, etc.) development on a greenbelt with pecan, cherry, peach, and fig trees.
Only 4 miles from Mueller District with everything from HEB grocery, Twin Liquors, Starbucks, Verts, Emergency Medicine, and and the cheapest gas in town at HEB!
NEW Le Madelaine French Cafe @ Mueller
NEW Alamo Draft House coming soon
NEW Gold Gym at Hwy290 & I-35 (also 4 miles)
If it’s happening in Austin, you can get to it easily from our location.
Mueller District is 4 miles away (take a right from Springdale to 290 frontage road, and a left on Berkman to 51st), which gives you HEB groceries (latest flagship store) with the cheapest gas in town, Starbucks, Verts Kabaps (German Gyros), Twin Liquor, and more!
The "back way" to Downtown Austin from the Apartment is directly south on Springdale Road to Martin Luther King Blvd., which travels right into downtown. Eight minutes.
New Bus stops are being added along Highway 290E. This can connect to the light rail at Highland Mall Transportation Station and terminates at 4th Street downtown for festivals.
The Bus stops at Springdale on HWY290E, but then one half mile walk to the apartment.
We are on;
* The Republic of Texas (ROT) Rally gathering route
* Circuit of The Americas, Austin Executive Airport, and Austin Bergstrom Airport (AUS - ABIA) within 15 minutes
* US Highway 183, 290 (East), and I-35 within 4 miles
* 4 miles from Mueller Market District, Highland Plaza, and Capitol Plaza.
* Travis County Exposition Center, Walter Long Lake.
Being so close to highways leaves us with chain restaurants within 1 mile, with an amazing array of local and regional restaurants within 5 miles (please see our guidebook, and let us know if you discover a new local gem to pass on to other guests!).
Other Things to Note
We support equality, local sourcing, participate in local co-ops for energy, food, and self-sufficiency.
We operate an active Apiary on the property (Bee Hive). They are not in the Guest Area, and produce exquisite honey.
Seasonally available fruits, vegetables and herbs, tended by our bees, are available for your culinary exploration. Italian & Greek oregano, garlic chives, lemon thyme, rosemary, Italian parsley, sage always available.
Respect the furnishings as you would your parents'.
Live, Love, Laugh, just “Do Unto Others…”
Moderate group gatherings OK.
We are a tobacco free household. Smoking in the apartment is NOT permitted, but smoking outside is definitely okay.
We strive to maintain an allergen-free environment for our guests. We ask you to help us maintain a clean, desirable environment for all!
NOTE: As a matter of safety, we ask you to complete your profile fully before inquiring about booking the apartment. Blank or incomplete profiles will delay initial response time, and your photo on this page will serve as ID for check-in. Thank you for helping us to maintain everyone’s safety.
From Oct 7 - 11, 2015 the minimum stay is 2 nights.
About the Host, Jake
I was brought up on "The Golden Rule", so, I am providing the level of authenticity and "extras" that I would expect in Lifestyle Travel. There IS a difference.
A Centaur born in the year of the Rabbit, I've had WAY too much fun in my life!