About this listing
Stay in our FABULOUS newly renovated 1-bedroom apartment with a modern industrial “loft-like” flair.
Located in what is arguably Oakland’s most dynamic, hip, and centrally located neighborhood. We are pet-friendly, have a full kitchen, redwood deck, offer WiFi, laundry, TV w/Roku, all of this AND we are only 2 blocks to BART. This location is so convenient - you could easily choose a car-free stay (plus we offer bikes for rent and there are rental or car share opportunities within blocks).
- Open plan, gourmet kitchen w/island seating
- Large shared redwood deck and garden
- free WiFi, and flat screen HD TV with Roku
- Full sized washer/dryer in unit
- Luxurious high-end linens and bedding
- Uniquely decorated with lots of original art
- Cleverly concealed Murphy bed in living room can sleep 2 additional people
- Fully fenced dog-friendly yard with large dog shelter and auto-waterer (plus 2-3 friendly dogs in yard for your enjoyment if you desire!)
- BIKE rentals now available onsite!!
- Many environmentally-friendly features (natural foam bed, on-demand water heater, cork/wool flooring, hemp curtains, recycled building materials, eco-friendly cleaning supplies, compost bin, energy star appliances and heating, native and drought-resistant plants in yard, car share opportunities within 2 blocks)
Super convenient location where you can walk to:
- Cafes and the new Beauty's Bagel Shop
- Many Zagat-rated restaurants nearby including: Burma Superstar, Hogs Apothecary, Pizzaiolo, Addis Ethiopian, Homestead, Clove and Hoof, Kronner Burger, Hog's Apothecary, Dona Tomas, Bakesale Betty's, Aunt Marys, Mama's Royal Cafe, Dopo, Cesar, and Homeroom
- An independent grocery store (Piedmont Grocery)
- The best Italian deli in Oakland (Genova Deli)
- BART (2 blocks to Macarthur station which is 15 minutes to SF)
- Yoga/kickboxing/Cross Fit studios
- Mosswood park (tennis/basketball courts, picnic areas, baseball diamond, kid play areas, and dog park)
- Temescal farmer’s market on Sundays, year-round
Plus, only minutes to drive to downtown, Rockridge, Piedmont Ave, Uptown, Berkeley, and even San Francisco (15 minutes by BART, 12 by car w/zero traffic). This location receives a “walkability” score of 82, which is “very walkable”.
Shampoo, conditioner, soap, iron and board, hair dryer, roller-bag for pedestrian food shopping, pack-n-play crib, dog bed/towels, yoga mat, terry cloth robes, and umbrellas for two (available upon request: yoga blocks and straps).
- $130/night Based on 2-person occupancy (2 night minimum, 3 on holidays)
- Holidays are $150/night
- Additional guests $20/night (children under 2 are free)
- Pets $15/night extra per pet
- Parking is available for $10/day or $25/week (this is what the city charges us for the passes - no markups)
- Wanna cruise through the hipster neighborhood in style?? Rent a COOL new European-styled PUBLIC brand commuter bike from us for just $25/day (helmet and lock included)
The apartment is owner-owned/occupied, and is the primary residence of one owner who also uses the space as a home office and for visits from out of town family/friends. A second owner has a primary residence on the second floor, where both owners will reside during your stay. The airbnb unit is one of two units located on the first floor; the second downstairs unit is occupied by a quiet tenant who rents year-round.
Though the apartment DOES sleep 4, doing so will turn the living room into a bedroom and severely limit the amount of hang-out space for guests. The 2nd bed is a "Murphy" and can be easily transformed during the day for maximum usability of the space; however most guests do not seem to choose to do so.
The yard/deck is shared space with the owners, the full-time tenant, and two friendly hound mixes. A gorgeous/sweet "blue" Great Dane is also present in the yard Mondays-Thursdays.
More information/photos and neighborhood recommendations are available on our site which is reachable at urbanhabitat510 with the usual extension for businesses. Contact us there if you are interested in doing a non-simultaneous house swap!
Interaction with Guests
The apartment above this rental is owner-occupied so someone will be very nearby in case you need anything. We will respect your privacy and leave you alone unless you desire otherwise. It is likely you will see us in the backyard studio/workshop or garden so come out and say "hi" if you want!
No smoking on premises. Smoking in front of house is allowed if cigarette butts are placed in ashtray provided.
Quiet hours are 9-9 on weekdays and 10-10 on weekends (this means no guests after those hours and be especially aware of keeping noise to a minimum). The building is old, walls are thin, and there are adjacent occupants in the building. We simply ask that you be respectful of that fact. Be aware that toddler stomping/running, wooden heeled shoes, and loud adult voices can easily be heard by all. This is especially true in the entrance hallway so please keep voices to a minimum there.
Please let us know if you would like to have people over who are NOT in your reservation party. Small gatherings inside it on the deck can be approved when asked upfront. Guests are subject to the same house rules as guests, please make sure they abide by them. See rules about quiet hours above.
Pets are an additional $15/night which can be paid upon your arrival. If you are bringing a dog(s) who will utilize the back yard, we will need to arrange a "meetup" on your first full day so that your dog can meet the dogs already onsite. Alpha females may not be a good fit. Please note: pets are not allowed on the furniture unless you bring your own sheet/blanket etc to protect from claws/fur. Pets also may NOT be left alone in the apartment or yard under any circumstances.