About this listing
Due to the nature of my work, I am highly mobile and may rent out my apartment from time to time. Please don't submit an immediate booking request but send an inquiry with a bit about yourself and the nature of your stay in NYC. I keep my calendar up-to-date, and usually reply very quickly. Thank you.
Located in the heart of Wall Street (on top of a fabulous five star hotel) two short blocks from the Wall Street subway. This is a great, iconic neighborhood with access to nearby dining and the entire city.
Here you can get all the comfort of a hotel plus a king size bed, a full kitchen, a washer/dryer, a huge 58'' plasma TV and some of the most amazing rooftop views in the Financial District for a fraction of the price. Hotel services, spa etc. are available at an additional, a la carte fee.
Perfect for couples who are visiting the city or for professionals who need a quiet, private environment with some home office space.
Max 2 guests, no smoking and no pets in the apartment.
• You are ON Wall Street - everything is at your fingertips
• Dozens of restaurants/bars around and plenty of attractions, including Stone Street
• The NY Stock Exchange, South Street Seaport, Fulton Street, the Brooklyn Bridge, Ground Zero, the 9/11 Memorial, Battery Park, South Ferry (ferries depart from here to Ellis & Liberty Island), Century 21, J&R Electronics and the charming TriBeCa and Soho neighborhoods are all minutes away
• Trains 2/3 (red line) are seconds away, and trains 1/4/5/6/A/C/R/J/Z/PATH are minutes away. Many hot spots in Manhattan (such as Times Square) are a 10-15 minutes ride away
• A large pharmacy, convenience and grocery store is located across the street
• Free, easy to find weekend parking in the area
• 24 hour doorman luxury building, very safe and secure
• Club room with cinema / multimedia lounge with projection TV/DVD and surround sound stereo, billiards, card table, plasma TVs and free wi-fi in the common areas
• State-of-the-art gym and yoga studio
• Gorgeous roof deck with amazing 360 views of Manhattan (considered by many the best residential building terrace in the Financial District)
This is a west-facing apartment on a high floor with great, mostly unobstructed views. It comes with a full kitchen, a beautiful bathroom, a spacious living area and the features/amenities listed below:
• King size bed with a high quality memory foam mattress (medium level of firmness)
• Top of the line Italian kitchen (fridge, stove, oven/microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, pots/pans, utensils etc.)
• Washer / Dryer
• 58’’ wall-mounted plasma screen with RCN cable TV
• Wireless high speed internet connection
• Desk + 2 chairs + table lamp + halogen floor lamp
• Bed side table + comfort chair + footstool
• Huge, 6 foot tall windows + Lofty ceilings over 10 feet high
• Walk-in closet, shelves and lots of storage
• Air conditioning / Centralized heating
• Basic bathroom supplies, hair dryer, iron
Fresh linens and all bedding are provided for each new guest. All sheets and towels are 100% cotton.
Interaction with Guests
Low to no interaction.
• Guests. 2 guests maximum in the apartment at all times
• Smoking. No smoking allowed anywhere in the building. If you wish to smoke, please step outside of the building, or do so on the rooftop level
• Pets. Pets of any kind are not allowed
• Drugs. Illegal drugs, including medical marijuana, are not allowed at any time
• Noise. Please always be mindful of noise that may disturb other tenants in the building
• Cooking. You may freely use the kitchen to cook. Please clean your used pans/pots/etc.
• Security. You must help to ensure the security of the apartment. Never let strangers in. Always make sure that the door is closed at all times
I stayed in this apartment for about 2 weeks. It is very clean and neat. It is located near several subway stations. Yes, it is on Wall street, and of course, you will see a lot of tourists around this building. Overall, very safe, very clean, very convenient for everything! Pharmacy/convenient store, starbucks, restaurants are located across the street or within a few blocks. Oh, there are washer/dryer inside the apartment which was incredibly nice! Davide was a great host, who responded my questions quickly.
I am very satisfied with this place pretty much for everything with one exception: the bed. Due to the poor condition of the bed frame, the mattress was sinking in the middle of the night, and I had to move around to find the flat part of the mattress while I was sleeping. I could put up with this only because I was staying in this place by myself. I could imagine a family or a couple using this bed could be quite uncomfortable. This place would have been even more fantastic if he had replaced the better bed frame. I quite liked about the kind size mattress though.
First of all we were very satisfied with the room and its location. It was very close to our daughter's place and the financial district is getting livelier and more interesting all the time.
We read all the comments below: Most are true. the mirror did not have tape on it though.
Davide responded well to our inquires.
However, there is some maintenance that needs attention; most notably the bed. The slats do have a tendency to slip and the mattress falls to the floor. We didn't have a problem with this as I am very familiar with IKEA furniture and we were not asleep when it slipped. Still it leaves a bad impression and needs to be fixed. The bathroom door handle fell off while we were there, again not a problem, I was able to reattach it. It may need more attention. if we had been able to stay an extra day i might have borrowed a few tools and fixed things up.
The room was clean but could use some new sheets and towels, which appeared "tired". Not soiled but well used. Maybe we need to remember we are in someones home not a hotel?!
The rooftop terrace was spectacular. Do not miss it. I wish we could have spent more time there.
We were very happy with the apartment but are not easily inconvenienced . I would not hesitate to go back at some future date. The overall experience was great; and a great bargain. Remember an apartment like this would probably sell for over $500K.
The apartment is very nice. Comfortable bed. Cool view of the flatiron type building across the street. The rooftop terrace is simply amazing.
Davide was somewhat responsive. It really wasn't clear about the check-in procedures. He answered one email and not another. The key wasn't ready when I arrived, but it was quickly resolved. The concierge team was very responsive.
Apartment was as advertised.
.Safe, quiet and cleaner than some other areas
.Close to subways
.Strong shower, a strong (website hidden) sufficient
.Vertical blinds need attention to block first light in the morning
. Vanity mirrors need to be replaced or repaired properly
.Brighter lights especially in bathroom
.Hang TV on wall, so can use table for breakfast and laptop
To sum up, excellent studio.
Just need to ensure maintenance and housekeeping standards are kept.
We enjoyed our stay.
Davide was great as a host- very communicative and detailed. Checking in was easy, and the Andaz is a great facility. The gym is the nicest I've seen in the Financial District, and the common areas were great.
The apartment itself was sparse, the photos are accurate. I had two issues: the internet was not particularly great. It went in and out which was annoying. The second was that the bed was very poor quality and the mirror in the bathroom had masking tape keeping it together. It was strange to have that in such a nice building.
Location is awesome. If you're looking for something in the financial district and you don't plan to spend much time in the actual place, this is a great option.
The apartment is great: nice and clean with everything needed for a short or a long stay. The location is perfect: a few steps from the closest pier, 3-5 min from several subway stations. Davide was very helpful and provided me with all the details about the apartment, the gym, use of different appliances, etc. Nothing to complain about, Everything was perfect. Thank you!
Great apartment, well organized securing of keys and instructions. Quick follow up from Davide. Thanks for a great stay.
About the Host, Davide
I was born and raised in Italy and after wandering across continents I landed in NYC, a visual wonderland for both sides of the brain. I have many hats, and the unifying theme is a love for technology and innovative solutions that improve our lives.