I'm on airbnb because i like meeting people and share meetings and talks. i live in a wide appartment of witch i enjoy sharing 1 room, 3 beds, up till 4 people + 1 on the couch in living room. See details, get in touch, come over and let's meet :-) !
- small and calm residence in quiet neighbourhood
- groundfloor, large appartment, easy access
- *very* spatious open space
- flexible accomodation : up to 4 guests (45 € / night for one, + 15 €/additional guest). accomodate a 5th one for free on the couch.
- winter garden
- direct access to garden : feel free to enjoy !
- cleaning fee included ; check-in and check-out are flexible - please make sure we sync on those.
! Feel free to ask any question and be sure to contact me to get the most out of your stay :-)
- private bedroom (1 bed for 2 + 2 individual futtons) futtons can be set in the winter garden
- home parking
- large bathroom (shower and bath) shared with me
- 1 separate guest restroom
- kitchen (guest dishes and special drawer for grocery, reserved space in the fridge)
- washing machine & dryer at your disposal
- coffee and tea available in the kitchen as you please
- guest keys so you may come and go as you like
- Bath wash, toothpaste and toothbrushes are available in case you forgot, upon request.
Interaction with Guests
- let's discuss your arrival time, so i can welcome you at the appartment
- according our respective schedule the day of you arrival, i might arrange to come pick you up at airport or train station
- i'm willing to give you sightseeing information upon luxembourg (free documentation upon request)
- if i'm available, i can also walk with you in the nearby forest trails, take you out to show you luxembourg places, taste wine and food, sightsee castles and museums, enjoy nature and trails in the country
- share time in and out, eating, a drink, and meeting according our planning.
You can get in touch with me for any question by phone or text. According my own schedule and we synchronise together, i might drive you around for some activities.
I'll provide you with a map of the area upon your arrival. Near the apartment (literally around the corner, walking distance !) :
- Grocery (open (phone number hidden))
- Kid playground
- Doctor and pharmacy
- 3 restaurants : Chinese, French or Italian
- Nice forest and trails to walk by, nature environment
* Luxembourg city
- by car : 15-20 minutes
- by bus : direct into luxembourg downtown or business area, 2/3 times / hour daily
* Other parts of the country
- i provide you with all information (car / public transportation information) given your plans
Other Things to Note
- Chagall and Warhol, 2 friendly and mushy cats !
- speciality : first timers, with airbnb and in Luxembourg :-)
- no reservation nor payments outside airbnb
- Read the house rules :-D
- In order to keep your room - and apartment -:-) - clean, leave shoes at the entrance (left to main door)
- Please respect quietness of the residence between 23:00 and 6:00
- Loss of home keys will be charged 25€, because it's special security keys
- Please lock residence front door when you leave and after you get back home
- Smoker ? no problem, yet ask for ashtray and smoke in the garden. Please respect the household for not smoking inside (nor bedroom, nor rest of the house)
- Beds will be set with fresh linen as you arrive, please undo beds and toss sheets in a corner of the room the day you leave to help me clean room and setup beds for the next time :-)
- Please don't eat into the room ; kitchen, winter garden and living room table are yours to use for eating
- I recycle, and ask you do consider doing the same : there are 3 specific trashes in the kitchen for paper, glass, tin cans are available separately from regular trash. Thank you for your help !
Jean-Philippe was an excellent host. This village is about 25 min. far from Luxembourg city. When we arrived there,he provided tee for us and explained us all information about this village, and also provided some advice about the castle in vianden. He drived us to the castle in the next morning. Soooooo nice.
We enjoyed us staying there.
Hallo, alles hat wunderbar geklappt und wir haben uns vom ersten Moment an sehr wohl und willkommen bei Jean-Philippe und seiner Patnerin gefühlt. Beide sind sehr lieb und nett.
Jean-Philippe hat uns viele interessante Tipps für unsere Unternehmungen gegeben, die wir auch dankend angenommen haben. Vielen Dank nochmal für den Geheimtipp des Restaurants - war echt spitzenklasse!!!
Die Unterkunft war so, wie sie beschrieben wurde. Und kann von uns nur weiterempfohlen werden. Mit dem Bus ist man in 20 Min. mitten in Luxemburg.
Vielen Dank nochmal und viele Grüße aus Duisburg von den "Köhlers"
Everything has been said about how wonderful Jean-philippe is as a host :) You just can't help but notice how painstaking he is at it! I also enjoyed the gentle souls of Chagall and Warhol :) Hope to see you soon
It's a very nice place to stay when you are on the road.
Philippe is so kind and easy to get along with.
My friend and I enjoyed ourselves there.
Le quartier est calme (un peu moins la chambre d'où on peut parfois entendre les voisins). Jean-Philippe m'a très gentiment prêté une place de parking. La chambre est grande et le lit très confortable. Wifi nickel et l'accueil fut très bon.
Jean-Philippe was an excellent host. We were a group of 5 friends.
When arrived he explained us all about his house and also provide us information about Luxemburg city and the castles.
His house is really nice and clean.
We enjoyed staying there.
nous avons été bien accueillis avec un verre de vin blanc de Moselle et des discussions sympathiques
L'appartement correspond à la description vaste avec une grande chambre
Le quartier est un quartier résidentiel de très bonne tenue
"Life is about people you meet, and what you create with them"
(extract from the holstee manifesto).
I'm on airbnb because i like meeting people, and giving you a chance to know Luxembourg better. Culture, History, Architecture, Sport, Outdoors, Gastronomy ... no matter your center of interests, i'll be able to give you plenty of choices and addresses to take the most out of your stay, and discover the country. I bet that no matter how long you're staying, i can keep you busy and entertained ;-) So, come over, and let's meet !
I enjoy the simplest things of life : sharing a meal, a run, a walk, a talk by the fire. Laughing and having a drink too :-) Reading (bios and philosophy), and meditating. Born in '75, i'm a triathlete and long distance runner.
On a professional level, founded Vectis, management advisory firm in Luxembourg in 2005 and co-founder of Running Nation, promoting personal balance through running.