1 bed stone bungalow with the beach on your doorstep....
The house is a charming old stone cottage that was renovated in 2009. Its layout is uniquely Mediterranean with the rooms opening out onto a courtyard. It's ecclectically furnished. It is light and fresh. It has wifi & parking outside.
It has a lounge, dining room, kitchen and two bedrooms but the main bedroom is mine exclusively and the guest bedroom is the one available. The main bedroom is seperate to the rest of the house with it's own entrance (accessed from the courtyard) so it's as if the house is a one bedroom.
The guest suite has a really comfortable double bed. It has an adjoining bathroom with a shower. A perfect home away from home. The kitchen is well equipped, as I love to cook and it has a lounge, dining area all open plan. We have a policy that you can use whatever food & drink the wine is in the house so long as it's replaced.
The house does have airconditioning BUT it is so airy, with all the doors opening out onto the courtyard that I find that it's so cool & breezy but in August , when the temperatures rise, it is necessary to turn it on.
The house is 15 meters from the beach, whereby one can also walk the promenade to the old port and the recently opened Marina.
You can also hire a bicycle on the beach front & ride anywhere. Its location is enchanting.
Ideal to relax, be inspired, and just experience Cyprus like a local......for those that love being in a beautiful space.
As for the frangipani tree , having tea under it is amazing or even better have a local masseur come & give you a massage there.
The neighbourhood has two local corner pubs, three restuarants, a fish tavern, a bank, a coffee shop, a dry cleaner, a fresh fruit & veg shop, a supermarket, a bakery and much more....plus a brilliant beauty salon, where you can have a facial or a pedicure. Thallasaki beach bar is on the beach front, where you can enjoy a morning coffee or have a drink at sunset, It is walking distance to town and to the more mature nightlife like the theatre, great bars, the jazz club, Retro club (great music) .....and Saropolou square.
Hero Square is a few blocks walk too, whereby the municipality often holds free live events and Rialto theatre. The old castle is also within walking distance too, where there are many Greek Cypriot & international restuarants.
I cannot stress how perfect the location is.
A great way to explore the island of love.
The Guest Bedroom and the rest of the house.
Interaction with Guests
I am often not around when the house is rented out, my lovely neighbour, Angelos, who handles the house, is right next door for anything that guests require. If I am around, I will check you in.
Personally, I love everything about this neighbourhood.
If it's not the fancy shmancy tourist area you want to be in, this is perfect.
The beach road is 15 metres away, where you can catch public transport
Other Things to Note
The smell of frangipani & jasmine is intoxicating to your senses....
I have the house listed as "entire house" because I work abroad but guests must know that if I am around, it will be shared, so please check this with me ahead of time, if you wish to have the house to yourselves.
I love my holiday house, so I expect respect as if it was your own.
We loved our stay at Jo`s place . Cozy, functional, romantic, small yet spacious house full of character !!! Loved the smell of Jasmin in the courtyard , privacy, full pressure shower cabin(water pressure in Cyprus can be a problem sometimes) , fully equipped kitchen , cozy sitting area. Internet is fast as well. Location is excellent - lots of nice walks down the coast parks, into the old town filled with lovely restaurants and (website hidden) was always quick to answer any questions we had. Thank you Jo , much love - Mila and Kilian
We (me and my wife) stayed in the apartment 6 days. Here are our impressions / experiences:
- nice, well equipped, spacious one-bedroom apartment
- quiet - although very central situated
- nice terrace, absolutely private - nobody from of the neighborhood can see you
- in the living room and bathroom natural lighting - coming from the glass-opening in the roof
- well working air conditioner in bedroom
- stable, fast WLAN internet-connection
- close to the beach (ca 200 m) to number of restaurants (from 100 m on) , city-center (ca 10 minutes walking distance), city pedestrian area with number of restaurants (ca 10 minutes walking distance)
- on the the sand-beach you can rent beds and sun-umbrellas, for 2,50€ each; a small cafe is as well there, covering with its free WLAN the adjacent beach area
- relatively narrow bed for two
- sometimes loud (in the night from the number of dogs in the neighborhood, and from the adjacent catholic church - especially on Sundays)
- no parking for your car (if you have rented one) - in contrast to the statement in the airbnb-description
- no real privacy for you - if Jo is on Cyprus: she stays/visits the apartment sometimes... although she has her own bedroom and the bathroom (booth looking out to the same terrace as the all other rooms you have rented) the kitchen will be shared... and apartment has only one entrance, for both, your rented space and the Jo's bedroom/bathroom - so you will see each other sometimes, when you want this - and as well when not
- air conditioner in living room can not cool down to the desired temperature - it is actually of low capacity for the spacious living room and the kitchen, which are joined together); the kitchen and the bedroom are exposed to the direct sun in the morning, and the living room in the afternoon - so the warming effect is considerable
My husband and I enjoyed staying in Jo's place very much. It was beautiful and very charming. The beach was steps away and everything was with in walking distance. Thank you for having us in your home!!
I stayed at the Stone Beach bungalow for 6 days during August and had no complaints. It is exactly as is described and in the event of any problems there is help close by for immediate assistance.
There are plenty of instructions for easy use of all of the facilities in the property and the area is quiet.
I would stay there again without any reservations or second thoughts.
We had a perfect stay in Jo's House. The place was exactly as the photos showed. Very clean and spacious enough for two. ( the double bed was a bit too small for us, , but we are spoilt with a king bed at home) the kitchen was fully equipped and Jo allows use of everything. I couldn't have survived without the fabulous coffee machine. The washing machine was a much needed relief as we had travelled for 3 weeks prior to arriving in (website hidden) was brilliant at communicating with us at all times, and was always prompt. Both Jo and Her neighbour Angelo were very accommodating with our 2am arrival. Keys were waiting for us when we finally arrived at 4 am!,
The neighbourhood is lovely and very safe. It's located 5 mins walk to the beach with many restaurants and kiosks close by. We had a hire car and could park out the front of the house at all times. It is very centrally located to many of Limassol's main hubs. the old Town district with all it's bars shopping and restaurants and the brand new Marina, just to name a few.
We had a very memorable stay and would not hesitate to come back or recommend the house for a perfect stay in Limassol.
This host has 4 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews