If you feel excited to have all Amsterdam has to offer you nearby, but prefer a calm and comfortable place to sleep in the centre, then I'd be more than happy to welcome you as my guest!
Travel happy and relaxed!
New bookings can make use of the WIFI connected terminal in their room to easily check the sites of touristic hotspots and to navigate easily in Amsterdam! And, of course, there's plenty on paper to make your plans....
Make yourself at ease! You will stay at my old Amsterdam house, shared with me, in one of the popular areas of Amsterdam and have your own sleeping room with comfortable electric adjustable double boxspring. Feel free to watch a movie at night from the bed before going to sleep and make yourself a coffee or tea if you like. My house has a separate toilet and modern bathroom with rain shower. It’s all not too big, but modern and clean. No need to bring towels or soap, they are already here for you! Best thing in my house is the balcony (becoming a green garden :-)) at the south side of the house, that catches sun from early morning, and a perfect breakfast place (or have it in one of the nearby coffee places).
Plenty of oranges are usually on stock in the kitchen and free to take, so go for a homemade healthy fresh orange juice or smoothy for breakfast or anytime you like!
Newcomer in Amsterdam? I’d be happy to help you on your way. But just to give you an impression of approximate distances and the hotspots you can just walk:
- A 5 minute walk to the Albert Cuyp market, the Sarphati park
- A 10 minute walk to the 17th century Amsterdam canals and canal houses and boat tours, Heineken Experience or Amstel River
- A 15-20 minute walk to the Utrechtsestraat, Leidseplein, van Goghmuseum, Museum Square or Weesperzijde/Carre theatre area.
- 3 minutes to Bike rental, tram stop, supermarket and (arthouse) cinema Rialto
- Studentbars, music and art cafes (lunch, dinner and drinks at reasonable price) are just in the neighborhood of Albert Cuyp.
- 5 mins by tram from RAI conference centre (or walk it in 25 mins)
- Need information on tram lines, nices routes or places to go? Just ask!
- Traveling like a real Dutchman? Your key chain is an 'OV chip card'.for public transportation. Charge some credits and make low cost trips: easily cross Amsterdam or visit other cities.
South part of the center where my apartment is located is definitely at the ‘suitable side of Amsterdam’ to reach Schiphol Airport (6x per hour, total traveling time approx 30 minutes by public transport).
If this suits your preferences, I look very much forward to welcoming you!
*** IMPORTANT: My space can get booked within short time frame. To reserve the space for yourself, confirm this with a payment. To avoid disappointment I recommend checking your airbnb inbox shortly after sending your message to me. At Amsterdam daytime, generally expect my reply to your message within 1 hour or less. Thank you so much and have a wonderful (holi)day in Amsterdam!!!***
Just to make all have a convenient stay here:
- My house is a non-smoking area (but outside is fine of course)
- My house is not suitable to bring pets
- I trust all to respect my neighbours and their sleeping hours (as old Amsterdam houses are no fully isolated music studios unfortunately). So keep it quiet at late night and take your shoes off.
- My house is not suitable for disabled as it has, for Amsterdam perspectives, a very doable staircase, but no elevator
- No joints, no marijuana, no paddo's, no pink elephants or simply...no drugs (only allowed in coffee shops)
- Clean the kitchen after use (leave it as you found it)
- Weekend check in can be flexible (please inform me about your expected arrival time)
-My location offers a place for only 2 guests and I receive oftentimes inquiries for overlapping dates: Of course unless agreed otherwise, the space is reserved for you after booking completion.
An excellent space. Easy to find, a fabulous bed, and enough space to relax. Note that the stairwell is steep--fairly standard in Holland I assume--so heavy suitcases might be more difficult.
We had a great time al renske place , the location was ok and the apartamento very good, very clean and renske is a Lovely person that mákes u feel at home , highly recomend This place
This was my girlfriend and I first experience with AirBnb booking. It was really nice. Didn't face any problem.
We didn't met Renske on the first day because she was out of the city, but we were well recept for a friend of her. It's a well located place, close (no more than 6 min walking) to a few tram lines and close to Amsterdam Centraal Station (15min), and really quiet neighborhood. If you decided to experience and feel the city by walking, I trully recommend this house, because it's possible to walk to many places.
This was my first airbnb experience and it was fantastic. Renske was such a great hostess and her flat is beautiful. There are many restaurants and bars close to her and she is within walking distance to the canals. The bed is super comfy! I will definitely come back again!!
It was one of my best AirBnBs! Renske is very kind. She gave us a warm welcome and explained directly what possibilities we have in Amsterdam. The Apartment is cozy! We enjoyed our time in Amsterdam. Thanks Renske for an unforgettable Weekend!
Just a little bit about the 'why joining the airbnb hosting community':
It was a year ago, I urgently needed a place to stay in NY at the time all hotels seemed full, that I used Airbnb for the first time. Never expected but so amazing!! I had a wonderful host there. So much better than a hotel!
Now, a year after, I have the luck to own a fantastic place to live in Amsterdam, which I am ready to share. Being the finishing touch of your city trip will be a honour and my pleasure, and I will do my very best for that. And proof that Airbnb is just a better alternative to stay. Looking forward to learn to know travelers from all over the world!