If you feel excited to have all Amsterdam has to offer you nearby, but prefer a calm and comfortable place to sleep in the centre, then I'd be more than happy to welcome you as my guest!
Travel happy and relaxed!
New bookings can make use of the WIFI connected terminal in their room to easily check the sites of touristic hotspots and to navigate easily in Amsterdam! And, of course, there's plenty on paper to make your plans....
Make yourself at ease! You will stay at my old Amsterdam house, shared with me, in one of the popular areas of Amsterdam and have your own sleeping room with comfortable electric adjustable double boxspring. Feel free to watch a movie at night from the bed before going to sleep and make yourself a coffee or tea if you like. My house has a separate toilet and modern bathroom with rain shower. It’s all not too big, but modern and clean. No need to bring towels or soap, they are already here for you! Best thing in my house is the balcony (becoming a green garden :-)) at the south side of the house, that catches sun from early morning, and a perfect breakfast place (or have it in one of the nearby coffee places).
Plenty of oranges are usually on stock in the kitchen and free to take, so go for a homemade healthy fresh orange juice or smoothy for breakfast or anytime you like!
Newcomer in Amsterdam? I’d be happy to help you on your way. But just to give you an impression of approximate distances and the hotspots you can just walk:
- A 5 minute walk to the Albert Cuyp market, the Sarphati park
- A 10 minute walk to the 17th century Amsterdam canals and canal houses and boat tours, Heineken Experience or Amstel River
- A 15-20 minute walk to the Utrechtsestraat, Leidseplein, van Goghmuseum, Museum Square or Weesperzijde/Carre theatre area.
- 3 minutes to Bike rental, tram stop, supermarket and (arthouse) cinema Rialto
- Studentbars, music and art cafes (lunch, dinner and drinks at reasonable price) are just in the neighborhood of Albert Cuyp.
- 5 mins by tram from RAI conference centre (or walk it in 25 mins)
- Need information on tram lines, nices routes or places to go? Just ask!
- Traveling like a real Dutchman? Your key chain is an 'OV chip card'.for public transportation. Charge some credits and make low cost trips: easily cross Amsterdam or visit other cities.
South part of the center where my apartment is located is definitely at the ‘suitable side of Amsterdam’ to reach Schiphol Airport (6x per hour, total traveling time approx 30 minutes by public transport).
If this suits your preferences, I look very much forward to welcoming you!
*** IMPORTANT: My space can get booked within short time frame. To reserve the space for yourself, confirm this with a payment. To avoid disappointment I recommend checking your airbnb inbox shortly after sending your message to me. At Amsterdam daytime, generally expect my reply to your message within 1 hour or less. Thank you so much and have a wonderful (holi)day in Amsterdam!!!***
Just to make all have a convenient stay here:
- My house is a non-smoking area (but outside is fine of course)
- My house is not suitable to bring pets
- I trust all to respect my neighbours and their sleeping hours (as old Amsterdam houses are no fully isolated music studios unfortunately). So keep it quiet at late night and take your shoes off.
- My house is not suitable for disabled as it has, for Amsterdam perspectives, a very doable staircase, but no elevator
- No joints, no marijuana, no paddo's, no pink elephants or simply...no drugs (only allowed in coffee shops)
- Clean the kitchen after use (leave it as you found it)
- Weekend check in can be flexible (please inform me about your expected arrival time)
-My location offers a place for only 2 guests and I receive oftentimes inquiries for overlapping dates: Of course unless agreed otherwise, the space is reserved for you after booking completion.
We had such a great time staying in Renske's appartment! First of all, it seemed like we've known her for years! Renske is very friendly, respectfull and kind. As soon as we got there she explained how the city works, the places we must visit in town, where to eat, where to walk around... Her tips were really awesome!
We felt like we were home during three days. Besides falling in love with Amsterdam, we certainly made a new friend :)
Thanks for everything, Renske!
Renske and her apartment are both absolutely wonderful!
She has really nailed this airbnb thing and makes guests feel totally welcome. Her apartment is super bright and easy to find and she has really thought of a lot of little things to make ones stay easy and comfortable.
The bed is amazing and comfortable and adjustable. The appleTV has lots of movies and shows that you can watch if you are having a lazy morning...getting out of that bed is hard enough already!
Lots of info on hand to guide your travels. Renske also sat with us on our first night and gave us lots of advise and reviewed the map.
Hot water was great in the shower and the towels were quite nice.
This is what airbnb is all about. I felt like staying with Renske really gave us a great impression of what it was like to live in Amsterdam, complete with the steep and narrow staircase and Dutch layout of the apartment...every square meter is used!
The place is clean and well decorated and you have access to a full kitchen and juicer!
Would love to visit again.
i had very nice stay at this apartment.
Location: residential area near downtown. i was able to walk all tourist attraction.
room: very clean. minimalist/stylish interior. comfy bed. you have to walk quite stiff stirs to reach the entrance
host: Renske was very kind host giving me advice of what to do in Amsterdam
Renske was very helpful and nice host. The house is super clean and beautiful. And really very well located. We truly recommend her room :)
Renske is a very welcoming host and I truly enjoyed my stay! The place is conveniently located in a very cute neighborhood approximately 10-15 minutes away from downtown by tram. Restaurants and bars are just about 5 minutes of walking. The room itself is small, but very clean and cozy; everything you need is there! Renske provides all the information one might need to tour around Amsterdam. Overall, I'm very happy and looking forward to come back again!
We had a perfect trip with Renske. We were very well welcomed and treated, the room was clean and comfy. Most of all, we appreciated the fact of "last minute trip" possibility with her. She is very reactive. We recommend Renske and the neighborhood was also very nice, near transportations or canals.
Just a little bit about the 'why joining the airbnb hosting community':
It was a year ago, I urgently needed a place to stay in NY at the time all hotels seemed full, that I used Airbnb for the first time. Never expected but so amazing!! I had a wonderful host there. So much better than a hotel!
Now, a year after, I have the luck to own a fantastic place to live in Amsterdam, which I am ready to share. Being the finishing touch of your city trip will be a honour and my pleasure, and I will do my very best for that. And proof that Airbnb is just a better alternative to stay. Looking forward to learn to know travelers from all over the world!