About This Listing
Startup Embassy is the oldest hacker house in Palo Alto. We've built the biggest startup community and have had members being accepted in YC, 500Startups and Singularity University. We consider all of them a family and thrive to continue helping them
[NOTE: Startup Embassy is a startup community. We ONLY accept tech entrepreneurs]
Would you like to spend a few days in the heart of Silicon Valley?
Join the Startup Embassy family! Even if the calendar shows no availability, get in contact with us!
In the past year, we have hosted amazing entrepreneurs from all around the world: Spaniards, Russians, Brazilians, Poles, Indians, Germans, Mexicans, Japanese – just to name a few! So we all are happily connected and you could also be part of our network.
We've helped all of them meet a lot of “must-know” people from Silicon Valley to get the best for their journey and future plans for their startups (see the excellent reviews on our profile).
We’ll provide you with everything you will need to experience the startup and Silicon Valley way of life:
- A cozy bed to have great conversations or pitches with your neighbors – and to get a good night’s sleep!
- A co-working space with free, high speed Internet
- An international group of colleagues from all over the world coming to weekly dinners and BBQs
- Information about all high tech networking events taking place in Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area on a weekly basis, which people from our house attend together
- Kitchen access and cooking experiences with your fellow coworkers where you will share Paella, Schnitzel, Ceviche, Chapati with chicken curry and some drinks like Dos Equis, Heineken, König Pilsener, Kronenbourg and more
- Several bikes with locks available so that you can use them
- Free, safe and easy parking if you have a car
- Tips about the best way or transportation to get from any place you want to any other in the Bay Area or for trips to Yosemite or Lake Tahoe for example
We are 10 minutes away biking distance from places like the California Ave. Caltrain Station that can easily take you to every part of Silicon Valley you want from San Jose to San Francisco.
Interaction with Guests
Startup Embassy is a community of like-minded international tech entrepreneurs. Our experienced team lives in the house; they’re entrepreneurs just like you. We also get daily visits from one of our mentors who is a mentor in 500 Startups and Singularity University.
Staying at Startup Embassy is about the experience so we make sure we’re always there with you. Silicon Valley HBO’s series? They are based on us ;)
We only accept entrepreneurs working in their startups, so please provide a description of you and your venture. A Linkd-In profile would also help.
We will make some special exceptions if you can provide a good story about your entrepreneurial spirit in a personal message.
Please understand that this is an office and people are working.
The basic guidelines are to use common sense, respect others while they are working or sleeping and clean after yourself, we really want a clean space for everyone to enjoy.
smoke far away from the building (non smoking building)
clean your dishes right away
be conscientious of morning and late night bathroom usage
try not to snooze your alarm
use earphones, not speakers (unless it's a family event)
That was a great stay, a great ambiance, we could prepare elaborate meals and every one was very nice. Great place to work and to visit around (palo alto, mountain view), I recommend !
This place is what was advertised and more. It truly is a Startup Embassy. The house is full of brilliant energized friendly people who without exception are working on incredible projects. This was my first airbnb experience and I feel like I won the lottery my first try. Carlos, Paul, and the other Startup Embassy team are all fantastic people. They are easy to get to know and take good care of the house and the people in it.
Great stay at the Startup Embassy. A little messy but great network of entrepreneurs.
Carlos was great! Always good to be surrounded by entrepreneurs.
This host has 161 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Paul
I am an Entrepreneur, a dreamer and an avid learner. I love how missing features on a product can actually be a feature. Less is more.
You can know more about the community behind our house. We call it: StartupEmbassy