Rate includes 14.5% DC Tax
THE BEST OF WASHINGTON, D.C.
Alluring private, guest suite with cathedral ceiling, surrounded by windows facing a sunny back garden. You have your own private entrance with an in-suite bath and large, walk in closet. You’ll enjoy a new queen-size, pillow top bed while an extra guest takes advantage of a comfy fold out twin love seat. Take advantage of our WI FI and curl up on the love seat and plan your next day’s adventures. Laundry, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker are all at your disposal.
Driving? Ample and unrestricted street parking is available in front of the house. We’re located in the charming Palisades Section of NW DC, which illustrates better than any other neighborhood in the metro area what it means to be a “village within a city.” With close proximity to National Park hiking and bike trails, kayaking and canoes, you’ll experience the best of DC’s outdoor life.
Find out why the Palisades is one of the most sought-after areas in the city. You’ll experience the vibrancy of DC – with a quiet, comfortable place to come back to.
Our property is available for 1 week to several months. We welcome families, couples intrepid adventurers, and individual travelers whether on business, research or (email hidden)is property is for you!
• Coffee maker, mini-fridge, microwave and toaster in your walk in closet.
• WIFI, desk and chair.
• Separate heating and air conditioning system.
• Guide books, maps and brochures.
• Lovely yard with table and bench, and a gas BBQ.
• Located in the charming Palisades Village neighborhood with wonderful restaurants, coffee shops, sidewalk dining, farmers market, grocery store, gourmet take out, dry cleaners, post office, pharmacy, and public library...everything you need just in1-2 blocks!
• Free unrestricted street parking in front of the house. A pass for free weekend parking on The Mall is provided as well!
• Steps away from the D5 Express and D6 Metro Buses that will take you to The National Mall, Metro and Downtown plus all the other most interesting sights in the city.
• 3 blocks to National Park Land hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River and Fletcher's Boathouse! Lose yourself in DC’s historic trails and woods and then suit up later
C. IDEAL AND IDYLLIC LOCATION:
• Quiet, safe, street, in the Palisades Village just a block away from gourmet restaurants, take-out, fish market, coffee shops, pizza, upscale wine store, Farmers Market, Safeway, CVS, post office, banks, dry cleaners and community library.
• Approximately 1.5 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, and the French and German Embassies.
• Limitless free cultural options. Just a 15 minute drive by car (I have a free parking pass for your use) to The National Mall with its memorials and Smithsonian museums. A 10 minute drive to the Kennedy Center where there is a free performance every night at 6pm.
• An outdoor lover’s paradise in the middle of the city. The house is 3 blocks from Battery-Kemble National Park. Walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, Kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal, Canal Trail, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
• Unrestricted street parking in front of the house plus I provide a parking pass for The National Mall (National memorials and Smithsonian museums).
• We are on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner of V St. and MacArthur Blvd NW 1/2 block away) to Georgetown, DuPont Circle, World Bank, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, The White House, Metro Center, Union Station, i.e. everything that you want to see and it's a beautiful ride to boot! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to "Trip Planner" to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$10 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||4 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$610 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1829 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
Charlotte's suite is indeed fantastic. It is a very comfortable room, with extra sofa and desk. The room is decorated very nicely, and makes a beautiful romantic nest. My wife and I enjoyed very much sitting in the sunny garden having breakfast, watching the busy squirrels preparing for winter. We were very busy finding a new house before relocating to DC in December, and as such, it was THE perfect place to be: central, easy to reach, excellent and affordable restaurants and shops nearby, internet for our research and logistics... Charlotte is a wonderful host, friendly and extremely competent. Her daughters are very nice, too.
Overall, a place to recommend!
Great B&B. Quiet and comfy. Charlotte is attentive and charming. I will not hesitate to stay again on my next visit to DC.
Wonderful quiet and private retreat to enjoy at the end of a long day, but still central to lots of activities. Charlotte was a wonderful host. Highly recommend for your stay in the DC area.
Charlotte, the host, is an incredibly kind and generous host. She made me feel welcome and a part of the family. She has some amazing stories to share. She even rescued me from a cricket. (Being from the west coast I'd never seen this particular type of cricket before and I was terrified). The neighborhood made me feel incredibly safe. There's a tasty pizza joint nearby and conveniently a CVS and Safeway. The abode is itself was very cozy. Very clean with a great air conditioning system. Charlotte provided a microwave, small refrigerator, coffee maker, plates and silverware. She also stocked the pantry with soda and coffee. When I told Charlotte I needed more hangars she generously provided me with them. The view into the backyard is fantastic. I saw birds and squirrels scampering around. My one and only complaint is that there were tiny little black insects that appeared around July. Overall my stay was excellent with Charlotte making every effort to make my stay more comfortable.
Charlotte was the perfect host and our room was delightful. Charlotte was very knowledgeable about the DC area and gave us a wealth of info about how to get the most out of our visit. We checked in with her each day on what we had done and she gave us tips for the next day. Our room was a lovely garden apartment, with a private entrance, that met our needs perfectly. The room is exactly as pictured in the profile. Over our 5-day visit we became very fond of Charlotte and her NW DC neighborhood near Georgetown. The restaurants were superlative and we enjoyed delicious muffins and pastries at the Marvelous Market each day. We had a 30-40 minute bus ride into downtown each day, but really enjoyed the ride and the route through some of the prettiest and most interesting neighborhoods in DC. We would definitely return to 2118 49th St. NW or any of Charlotte's properties! l
GREAT location..bus line D6 right to Capitol Mall.. Beautiful area..Close great restaurants (happy hour after walking all day mm good). She provided very comfortable room (almost a cottage) with everything, microwave, coffee pot etc.. Easy to plan the next day with all the useful information in room. Overall very very nice...would to come back....someday...
The BEST of Washington is Charlotte. Thank you so much for having me! Best, Dominik
I stayed at Best of DC for two weeks. The room was lovely and just as pictured. The private entrance was nice and the quiet room overlooks a lovely backyard. The room is surrounded by windows and it snowed overnight one day, making for a lovely view right outside my window. Charlotte has plenty of literature on the city and is an excellent reference on DC. She is an attentive and responsive hostess. Location close to grocery store and bus line to city. Parking free and plentiful. Had a great stay!
We love the room and we certainly adore the beautiful house. The location of the house in particular was just excellent; we really loved the quiet and beautiful neighborhood. The fact that there were great places to eat and shop around the house was also a bonus point. That it took us only 2 minutes to get from the house to the bus stop that goes straight to downtown DC through a beautiful route was also a wonderful addition. The room was excellent. It had a great ambience and view of the backyard, it was clean, and made us felt like we're home. It was exactly as the pictures suggests--and more, as it also had everything we needed. Charlotte was an excellent and helpful host and was very communicative throughout our stay. Overall, we had an excellent experience and would definitely recommend the place to others!
Oh my god, we had such a great time in Charlotte's house. She is a wonderful host and took care for us, gave great recommendations and is really in and out with Washington.
We strongly recommend Charlotte's accommodations for a stay in Washington and we will come again, for sure!
Thank you Charlotte for all!