About This Listing
Private guest suite with cathedral ceiling, surrounded by windows facing a quiet back garden. Refrigerator, coffeemaker, microwave, toaster in your suite. Private bath, walk-in closet, love-seat, flat-screen TV/cable, WiFi, queen bed.
New Queen bed and a desk with comfortable seating where you can pour over maps as you plan your visit.
THE BEST OF WASHINGTON, D.C.
Alluring private, guest suite with cathedral ceiling, surrounded by windows facing a sunny back garden. You have your own private entrance with an in-suite bath and large, walk in closet. You’ll enjoy a new queen-size, pillow top bed while an extra guest takes advantage of a comfy fold out twin love seat. Take advantage of our WI FI and curl up on the love seat and plan your next day’s adventures. Laundry, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker are all at your disposal.
Driving? Ample and unrestricted street parking is available in front of the house. We’re located in the charming Palisades Section of NW DC, which illustrates better than any other neighborhood in the metro area what it means to be a “village within a city.” With close proximity to National Park hiking and bike trails, kayaking and canoes, you’ll experience the best of DC’s outdoor life.
Find out why the Palisades is one of the most sought-after areas in the city. You’ll experience the vibrancy of DC – with a quiet, comfortable place to come back to.
Our property is available for 4 nights to several months. We welcome families, couples, intrepid adventurers, and individual travelers whether on business, research or (email hidden)is property is for you!
• Coffee maker, mini-fridge, microwave and toaster in your walk in closet.
• WIFI, desk and chair.
• Separate heating and air conditioning system.
• Guide books, maps and brochures.
• Lovely yard with table and bench, and a gas BBQ.
• Located in the charming Palisades Village neighborhood with wonderful restaurants, coffee shops, sidewalk dining, farmers market, grocery store, gourmet take out, dry cleaners, post office, pharmacy, and public library...everything you need just in 1-6 blocks!
• Free unrestricted street parking in front of the house. (Try using my pass for free weekend parking on The Mall.)
• Steps away from the D5 Express and D6 Metro Buses that will take you to The National Mall, Metro and Downtown plus all the other most interesting sights in the city.
• 3 blocks to National Park hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River and Fletcher's Boathouse! Lose yourself in DC’s historic trails and woods and then suit up later
C. IDEAL AND IDYLLIC LOCATION:
• Quiet, safe, street, in the Palisades Village just a block away from gourmet restaurants, take-out, fish market, coffee shops, pizza, upscale wine store, Farmers Market, Safeway, CVS, post office, banks, dry cleaners and community library.
• Approximately 1.5 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, and the French and German Embassies.
• Limitless free cultural options. Just a 20 minute drive by car (I have a free parking pass for your use) to The National Mall with its memorials and Smithsonian museums. A 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center where there is a free performance every night at 6pm.
•An outdoor lover’s paradise in the middle of the city. The house is 3 blocks from Battery-Kemble National Park. Walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, Kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal, Canal Trail, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
• Unrestricted street parking in front of the house plus I provide a parking pass for The National Mall (National memorials and Smithsonian museums).
• We are on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner of V St. and MacArthur Blvd NW 1/2 block away) to Georgetown, DuPont Circle, World Bank, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, The White House, Metro Center, Union Station, i.e. everything that you want to see and it's a beautiful ride to boot! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to "Trip Planner" to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
Private entrance, room and bath.
Interaction with Guests
As much or as little as they would like.
Bus and Express Bus to the Smithsonian, White House, National Mall and US Capitol Building
* No smoking please.
* No pets, this is a pet-free home.
* If you have a late flight arrival in DC, i.e. past 10pm, please let us know in advance so that we may accommodate you.
* Please remove shoes inside house, we have wall to wall carpet.
* Coffees and teas and drinks are provided. Walk two blocks to Starbucks and Figs Fine Foods for breakfast. Safeway is just 2 blocks away so you can stock your own refrigerator.
No smoking inside please.
* Please turn down or off the air conditioning and heating whenever you leave the apartment.
**Enjoy your stay and let is know what we can do to improve your experience.
Departure is 10am. If you have a late flight let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Loveseat provides comfortable seating where you can review the many guidebooks we provide. It also folds out to a twin bed.
We had a wonderful stay in Washington. Charlotte is a wonderful host and her place is as described. She took her time to answer all our questions and made our visit to DC better.
On my next visit to town I will definitely look for Charlotte properties again.
Our host sent us an amazing Welcome e-mail with great information, so when we got there we knew exactly what to expect as well as where to go for dinner. She made us feel at home, but also gave us our privacy. There were many Washington D.C. books out for us too. The neighborhood was very nice and felt safe. You could walk to the grocery store, restaurants and the bus stop easily. On Sunday, there was a Farmer's Market very close b, which was a fun place to eat breakfast. It was also fun to walk down to the Fletcher Boat House, where you can rent boats and bikes or just enjoy the river and canal. This was a great location. You only needed to take one bus to get to the National Mall or many other locations. After long days walking, it was a great place to return to and rest.
What a wonderful getaway to our nation's capital, made more excellent by this host, Charlotte. We wanted to be on our own, mostly, and she was non-intrusive, after greeting us at our arrival and giving us "orientation". Then, throughout the 9 days we were there, she answered every question that came up promptly and knowledgeably. She has obviously knows her city and gave exceptional help with each of our needs. The property was in a lovely, very safe-feeling neighborhood, with EASY access to downtown DC and Georgetown. It was a simple drive to what became our favorite places in Georgetown---Café Bonaparte for breakfast and dinner crepes, and Thomas Sweets for amazing ice cream(open 'til midnight most nights). And the neighborhood Safeway (for groceries) and Fig's Fine Foods (Mediterranean dinner) were an easy walk. The room, although quite small, was adequate for the limited time we were actually in the room. The bed was very comfortable and the bed linens and towels were very nice. The shower was quite cramped for our "rounded" bodies. I wished for better cable channels---nothing like CNN or ESPN or TNT or NICK, but again, we were not in the room that much. Another wish would have been for a small dresser to unpack drawer items. The closet was lovely with much hanging space and nice wooden hangers supplied. Kitchen space was cramped but worked for our purposes. The wine upon check-in was a special touch and much appreciated, as was the cut glass vase with the peony bloom from outside our window. I loved the yard and the soft grass allowed this TN girl to go barefoot as a break from the DC concrete! And perhaps a silly observation, I appreciated the workmanship of the cathedral ceiling. All in all, this was a wonderful holiday for us made possible by a lovely host, Charlotte. Thank you so much!
非常好的一次民宿体验。周边非常安全，美丽。距离D6公交车走路只需三分钟。D6基本通往任何博物馆 白宫 等等旅游景点。
Charlotte could not have been more hospitable to us up to, during and after our stay. She responded to every request and/or question promptly, warmly and helpfully. Our room and surrounding property was very clean, up to date and well stocked with coffee, tea, cream and sugar with plenty of bedding, towels, guidebooks, etc. The kitchenette was a bit small but serviceable with coffee maker, mini fridge, microwave, stemware, coffee mugs, plates, plastic ware and paper towels.
We travel to DC frequently and not likely will stay in a hotel again when this property or another LUXbnb room is available. It was a comfortable stay and a good value for the dollar. Also, a wide variety of restaurants, grocery and drugstore just minutes walk away. Beautiful and safe neighborhood!
We arrived late, after driving from Ohio with my husband and 10 year old son. Charlotte met us at the door, and took the time to show us all the amenities of the room and some brief info about bus stops, and left us to crash for the night. The room is lovely and clean, and perfect for our family of 3. The fold out twin for our son was great. The bus stop is a short walk, and I'll take riding the bus, over driving and parking in DC any day! Palisades is a lovely village feel. We had Chinese delivered after one exhausting day, and went to The Boat House for our last evening. Family friendly and great filet mignon. The coffee and the hairdryer and many other small and thoughtful additions to the room, really made it feel like home. In fact, after a long day of sightseeing, our 10 year old would say 'Let's go home." When we visit DC again, this will definately be the place we will stay! Thank you Charlotte for a wonderful first experience on airbnb.
Thank you Hollie for staying at our Best of Washington and taking the time to write such a glowing and detailed review. We enjoyed hosting you and your family too and are so glad that you had a great stay. You will have to come stay with us again for a long weekend.
With warm regards,
PS And thank you for leaving that very thoughtful gift of lavender soap. I love it!
We loved our stay in Washington. Charlotte was a wonderful hostess, nothing seemed too much trouble for her, she advised us on opera ticketss,bus timetables etc which was appreciated. The apartment was immaculate and Charlottes photos and description of this apartment are spot on. Thanks for s lovely stay Charlotte.
This host has 744 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Charlotte
My business is LUXbnb, we offer short-stay properties in wonderful neighborhoods in Northwest Washington including those areas in high demand by visitors, i.e. DuPont Circle, Georgetown, Palisades and Capitol Hill. We offer studios to full homes for stays of 4 nights up to 8 months. Let us know your travel plans and we will find the best fit for your needs. Be generous and share the knowledge of LUXbnb, your source for short-stay rentals in Washington, with your friends, family adn colleagues.
Our latest addition are vacation properties for Washingtonians. See the Washington Vacations section on our website for homes in the nearby mountains. Take a few days away from the bustle of the city to explore our bucolic countryside little changed over the past 2 to 3 centuries. Visit wineries and orchards, significant Civil War battlefields and historic towns, hike the Apalachian Trail or follow in the footsteps of our founding fathers by visiting their homes. There is plenty to do that beckons you to leave the city for a weekend or a week.
A bit about me...I am a former Californian who, after 12 years in DC, is now an honorary Washington native. Being well traveled both domestically and internationally has given me a great appreciation for the enrichment contact with others brings to our experience. I am well-versed on the "must-see" sights, monuments and museums of our culturally rich city, along with the unique experiences your find only in Washington. We share that insight with our guests in our property Welcome Guides which we send upon confirmation.
We very much enjoy hosting visitors to our Nation's Capital and ensuring that they are able to make the most of their visit.
Your short-stay source in Washington.
Filled with suggestions for making the most of your visit to our beautiful city. Guests have found it very helpful in making good choices on spending their travel dollars. It covers all catagories.49th St NW Washington D.C. 20007