Private guest suite with cathedral ceiling, surrounded by windows facing a quiet back garden. Refrigerator, coffeemaker, microwave, toaster in your suite. Private bath, walk-in closet, love-seat, flat-screen TV/cable, WiFi, queen bed.
New Queen bed and a desk with comfortable seating where you can pour over maps as you plan your visit.
Rate includes 14.5% DC Tax
THE BEST OF WASHINGTON, D.C.
Alluring private, guest suite with cathedral ceiling, surrounded by windows facing a sunny back garden. You have your own private entrance with an in-suite bath and large, walk in closet. You’ll enjoy a new queen-size, pillow top bed while an extra guest takes advantage of a comfy fold out twin love seat. Take advantage of our WI FI and curl up on the love seat and plan your next day’s adventures. Laundry, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker are all at your disposal.
Driving? Ample and unrestricted street parking is available in front of the house. We’re located in the charming Palisades Section of NW DC, which illustrates better than any other neighborhood in the metro area what it means to be a “village within a city.” With close proximity to National Park hiking and bike trails, kayaking and canoes, you’ll experience the best of DC’s outdoor life.
Find out why the Palisades is one of the most sought-after areas in the city. You’ll experience the vibrancy of DC – with a quiet, comfortable place to come back to.
Our property is available for 1 week to several months. We welcome families, couples intrepid adventurers, and individual travelers whether on business, research or (email hidden)is property is for you!
• Coffee maker, mini-fridge, microwave and toaster in your walk in closet.
• WIFI, desk and chair.
• Separate heating and air conditioning system.
• Guide books, maps and brochures.
• Lovely yard with table and bench, and a gas BBQ.
• Located in the charming Palisades Village neighborhood with wonderful restaurants, coffee shops, sidewalk dining, farmers market, grocery store, gourmet take out, dry cleaners, post office, pharmacy, and public library...everything you need just in1-2 blocks!
• Free unrestricted street parking in front of the house. A pass for free weekend parking on The Mall is provided as well!
• Steps away from the D5 Express and D6 Metro Buses that will take you to The National Mall, Metro and Downtown plus all the other most interesting sights in the city.
• 3 blocks to National Park Land hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River and Fletcher's Boathouse! Lose yourself in DC’s historic trails and woods and then suit up later
C. IDEAL AND IDYLLIC LOCATION:
• Quiet, safe, street, in the Palisades Village just a block away from gourmet restaurants, take-out, fish market, coffee shops, pizza, upscale wine store, Farmers Market, Safeway, CVS, post office, banks, dry cleaners and community library.
• Approximately 1.5 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, and the French and German Embassies.
• Limitless free cultural options. Just a 15 minute drive by car (I have a free parking pass for your use) to The National Mall with its memorials and Smithsonian museums. A 10 minute drive to the Kennedy Center where there is a free performance every night at 6pm.
• An outdoor lover’s paradise in the middle of the city. The house is 3 blocks from Battery-Kemble National Park. Walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, Kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal, Canal Trail, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
• Unrestricted street parking in front of the house plus I provide a parking pass for The National Mall (National memorials and Smithsonian museums).
• We are on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner of V St. and MacArthur Blvd NW 1/2 block away) to Georgetown, DuPont Circle, World Bank, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, The White House, Metro Center, Union Station, i.e. everything that you want to see and it's a beautiful ride to boot! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to "Trip Planner" to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
Bus and Express Bus to the Smithsonian, White House, National Mall and US Capitol Building
* No smoking please.
* No pets, this is a pet-free home.
* Please plan to arrive between 7am and 10pm and let as know ASAP of your arrival time so we can coordinate with you. If you have a late flight arrival in DC, i.e. past 10pm, please let us know in advance so that we may accomodate you.
* Please remove shoes inside house, we have wall to wall carpet.
* Coffees and teas and drinks are provided. Walk two blocks to Starbucks, Marvelous Market, and Figs Fine Foods just a block for breakfast. Safeway is just 2 blocks away so you can stock your own refridgerator.
No smoking inside the building please.
* Please turn down or off the air conditioning and heating whenever you leave the apartment.
**Enjoy your stay and let is know what we can do to improve your experience.
Departure is 10am. If you have a late flight let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Wash any dirty dishes and put away.
It would be very helpful if you would start a load of towels washing before your departure. (They take so long to dry!)
Turn off or down the heat or AirCon to conserve energy.
Ensure that the apartment is securely locked up and return the keys to the owner
when you depart.
We arrived late, after driving from Ohio with my husband and 10 year old son. Charlotte met us at the door, and took the time to show us all the amenities of the room and some brief info about bus stops, and left us to crash for the night. The room is lovely and clean, and perfect for our family of 3. The fold out twin for our son was great. The bus stop is a short walk, and I'll take riding the bus, over driving and parking in DC any day! Palisades is a lovely village feel. We had Chinese delivered after one exhausting day, and went to The Boat House for our last evening. Family friendly and great filet mignon. The coffee and the hairdryer and many other small and thoughtful additions to the room, really made it feel like home. In fact, after a long day of sightseeing, our 10 year old would say 'Let's go home." When we visit DC again, this will definately be the place we will stay! Thank you Charlotte for a wonderful first experience on airbnb.
Thank you Hollie for staying at our Best of Washington and taking the time to write such a glowing and detailed review. We enjoyed hosting you and your family too and are so glad that you had a great stay. You will have to come stay with us again for a long weekend.
With warm regards,
PS And thank you for leaving that very thoughtful gift of lavender soap. I love it!
We loved our stay in Washington. Charlotte was a wonderful hostess, nothing seemed too much trouble for her, she advised us on opera ticketss,bus timetables etc which was appreciated. The apartment was immaculate and Charlottes photos and description of this apartment are spot on. Thanks for s lovely stay Charlotte.
Wonderful stay in Charlottes guest suite in DC. Chaming, nice and clean. Charlotte is so kind and helpfull and makes you feel very welcome. In regards to attractions she is also very helpful. Not only with recommendations, but also with a little history about it. Thanks for a great stay.
We truly enjoyed our stay in DC at Charlotte's guest suite. It was a lovely inviting room, very private and quiet. The fridg and microwave made it easy to fix a quick meal before setting out for the day. The walk to the local market was quick and convenient as well as the walk to the bus stop. Beautiful , friendly neighborhood.
The Best of Washington is a lovely room, a retreat in the middle of busyness. We loved it! The room is as advertised, bathroom adequate and clean and a microwave/frig with plenty of drinks. Charlotte is appropriately available and charming.
We would recommend this site to anyone coming to Washington DC.
Charlotte's suite is indeed fantastic. It is a very comfortable room, with extra sofa and desk. The room is decorated very nicely, and makes a beautiful romantic nest. My wife and I enjoyed very much sitting in the sunny garden having breakfast, watching the busy squirrels preparing for winter. We were very busy finding a new house before relocating to DC in December, and as such, it was THE perfect place to be: central, easy to reach, excellent and affordable restaurants and shops nearby, internet for our research and logistics... Charlotte is a wonderful host, friendly and extremely competent. Her daughters are very nice, too.
Overall, a place to recommend!
Great B&B. Quiet and comfy. Charlotte is attentive and charming. I will not hesitate to stay again on my next visit to DC.
This host has 571 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
My business is LUXbnb, we offer short-stay properties in wonderful neighborhoods in Northwest Washington including those areas in high demand by visitors, i.e. DuPont Circle, Georgetown, Palisades and Capitol Hill. We offer studios to full homes for stays of 4 nights up to 8 months. Let us know your travel plans and we will find the best fit for your needs. Be generous and share the knowledge of LUXbnb, your source for short-stay rentals in Washington, with your friends, family adn colleagues.
Our latest addition are vacation properties for Washingtonians. See the Washington Vacations section on our website for homes in the nearby mountains. Take a few days away from the bustle of the city to explore our bucolic countryside little changed over the past 2 to 3 centuries. Visit wineries and orchards, significant Civil War battlefields and historic towns, hike the Apalachian Trail or follow in the footsteps of our founding fathers by visiting their homes. There is plenty to do that beckons you to leave the city for a weekend or a week.
A bit about me...I am a former Californian who, after 12 years in DC, is now an honorary Washington native. Being well traveled both domestically and internationally has given me a great appreciation for the enrichment contact with others brings to our experience. I am well-versed on the "must-see" sights, monuments and museums of our culturally rich city, along with the unique experiences your find only in Washington. We share that insight with our guests in our property Welcome Guides which we send upon confirmation.
We very much enjoy hosting visitors to our Nation's Capital and ensuring that they are able to make the most of their visit.
Your short-stay source in Washington.