About this listing
Private guest suite with cathedral ceiling, surrounded by windows facing a quiet back garden. Refrigerator, coffeemaker, microwave, toaster in your suite. Private bath, walk-in closet, love-seat, flat-screen TV/cable, WiFi, queen bed.
Alluring private, guest suite with cathedral ceiling, surrounded by windows facing a sunny back garden. You have your own private entrance with an in-suite bath and large, walk in closet. You’ll enjoy a new queen-size, pillow top bed while an extra guest takes advantage of a comfy fold out twin love seat. Take advantage of our WI FI and curl up on the love seat and plan your next day’s adventures. Laundry, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker are all at your disposal.
Driving? Ample and unrestricted street parking is available in front of the house. We’re located in the charming Palisades Section of NW DC, which illustrates better than any other neighborhood in the metro area what it means to be a “village within a city.” With close proximity to National Park hiking and bike trails, kayaking and canoes, you’ll experience the best of DC’s outdoor life.
Find out why the Palisades is one of the most sought-after areas in the city. You’ll experience the vibrancy of DC – with a quiet, comfortable place to come back to.
Our property is available for 4 nights to several months. We welcome families, couples, intrepid adventurers, and individual travelers whether on business, research or (email hidden)is property is for you!
• Coffee maker, mini-fridge, microwave and toaster in your walk in closet.
• WIFI, desk and chair.
• Separate heating and air conditioning system.
• Guide books, maps and brochures.
• Lovely yard with table and bench, and a gas BBQ.
• Located in the charming Palisades Village neighborhood with wonderful restaurants, coffee shops, sidewalk dining, farmers market, grocery store, gourmet take out, dry cleaners, post office, pharmacy, and public library...everything you need just in 1-6 blocks!
• Free unrestricted street parking in front of the house. (Try using my pass for free weekend parking on The Mall.)
• Steps away from the D5 Express and D6 Metro Buses that will take you to The National Mall, Metro and Downtown plus all the other most interesting sights in the city.
• 3 blocks to National Park hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River and Fletcher's Boathouse! Lose yourself in DC’s historic trails and woods and then suit up later
C. IDEAL AND IDYLLIC LOCATION:
• Quiet, safe, street, in the Palisades Village just a block away from gourmet restaurants, take-out, fish market, coffee shops, pizza, upscale wine store, Farmers Market, Safeway, CVS, post office, banks, dry cleaners and community library.
• Approximately 1.5 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, and the French and German Embassies.
• Limitless free cultural options. Just a 20 minute drive by car (I have a free parking pass for your use) to The National Mall with its memorials and Smithsonian museums. A 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center where there is a free performance every night at 6pm.
•An outdoor lover’s paradise in the middle of the city. The house is 3 blocks from Battery-Kemble National Park. Walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, Kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal, Canal Trail, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
• Unrestricted street parking in front of the house plus I provide a parking pass for The National Mall (National memorials and Smithsonian museums).
• We are on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner of V St. and MacArthur Blvd NW 1/2 block away) to Georgetown, DuPont Circle, World Bank, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, The White House, Metro Center, Union Station, i.e. everything that you want to see and it's a beautiful ride to boot! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to "Trip Planner" to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
Private entrance, room and bath.
Interaction with Guests
As much or as little as they would like.
Bus and Express Bus to the Smithsonian, White House, National Mall and US Capitol Building
Other Things to Note
*Please note that stays over 14 nights require guests pay for an in-stay cleaning ($45). A 30 night stay would require 2 in-stay cleanings, etc.
* No smoking please.
* No pets, this is a pet-free home.
* If you have a late flight arrival in DC, i.e. past 10pm, please let us know in advance so that we may accommodate you.
* Please remove shoes inside house, we have wall to wall carpet.
* Coffees and teas and drinks are provided. Walk two blocks to Starbucks and Figs Fine Foods for breakfast. Safeway is just 2 blocks away so you can stock your own refrigerator.
No smoking inside please.
* Please turn down or off the air conditioning and heating whenever you leave the apartment.
**Enjoy your stay and let is know what we can do to improve your experience.
Departure is 10am. If you have a late flight let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Loveseat provides comfortable seating where you can review the many guidebooks we provide. It also folds out to a twin bed.