Gorgeous, refreshing and peaceful top floor 1 bedroom flat with beautiful, tranquil, tree-filed courtyard views in the midst of the famous SF Jazz club district! Comes with stacked washer & dryer, flat screen TV, super comfortable Simmon's BeautyRest high end pillow top KING size bed. With the additional twin bed in the living area, and foam mattresses we can accommodate up to 4 persons.
A pack and play travel crib is available for babies, just request.
This lovely flat is comfortably furnished with Scandinavian Designs furniture. It is in a modern building with secure front door entry. There is a fully stocked kitchen, towels and linens are provided, and there is a washer and dryer in the unit. Elevator access.
You will find yourself in the heart of San Francisco, close to Pacific Heights, Japan Town, the Fillmore music scene, and streets lined with abundant restaurants, cafés, and interesting shops.
Cable cars, downtown and just about everywhere in the entire city is easily accessible. The huge Safeway grocery store is just outside, along with endless diversions!
*Fantastic restaurants and cafes (Out the Door, SPQR, Fresca, Woodhouse Grill, Elite Cafe, Florio, Le Boulange, Solstice, Tortilla Heights, Sushi, Fillmore Cafe, Bruno's Pizza, Chicken & Waffles, etc).
* 4 blocks from the famous Sundance Kabuki movie theater where you can watch independent and Hollywood releases. New People cinema also close by for documentaries.
A new large flat screen TV and wood burning fireplace is in the living room for your enjoyment. Flat has free wireless internet throughout.
Please note that I prefer weekly bookings or longer, but will consider shorter bookings if there is a gap in the calendar or your request is adjacent to an existing reservation. Please check prior to inquiring. Short bookings will not be made for dates more than 90 days out.
If you are coming from SFO please use the Super Shuttle instead of BART. The cost is around $20 and they will drop you off right in front. The BART is not convenient as you will need to take a bus or cab once you get down in the city. Once you are at the unit it is very well served by public transport.
A public garage has parking connected to the building. It is $25/night. In addition, free parking overnight is usually available at the meters. Parking is not very difficult in this neighborhood and usually you can find a spot within a few blocks.
You won't find this level of quality, luxury, and comfort at your typical hotel room!
Please check my sister listing "Jazz on Fillmore" if your dates are not available here. They are identical units just different color schemes, same location.
ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING IN THE UNIT AND ABSOLUTELY NO PARTIES. NO ADDITIONAL GUESTS WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL. Either of these could result in total loss of deposit.
Please note that the host will not be present on site or at the rental. They instructions for the keys will be given to you and you can help yourself in, and enjoy your stay in privacy! The host prefer text communications first if anything needs attention.
------------- Reviews from Another Webiste: ---------------
Oct 26, 2012
Date of Stay October 18, 2012
Absolutely fabulous!! This is a new rental, so it was spotlessly clean (and I love clean). It was also beautifully and very, very tastefully decorated! The bedroom is very spacious with lots of extra room beyond the king size bed (which is very comfortable with soft, linens and comforters! Very large closet with lots of hangers as well as large dressers. Kitchen was well supplied with NEW pots, pans, dishes, glasses, toaster, coffee maker, etc. Lots of lighting with large windows in the bedroom and living room. Plenty of roadside parking outside, which is very rare in San Francisco. By going out the backdoor, by the fountain, you are right at the Fillmore outside jazz arena. We saw music performers (no charge) 3 days in a row. Also great Farmers market on Saturday and there is a large Safeway, in walking distance, around the corner! Traveling up Filmore, there are great stores, restaurants, bars, etc. So do you think I liked this place????? My only regret in writing this, is that it will be rented when I want to come back :)
Date of Stay October 22, 2012
The place itself is very nice, all newly furnished and not missing a thing, the location is very convenient to public transportation and walking distance to a ton of restaurants and shops. The property manager was super friendly and made sure everything was to our liking. We had a lovely stay and would definitely recommend this rental to our friends and family.
Date of Stay November 29, 2012
This is a great apartment and we didn't experience a single glitch. The owner of the apartment, couldn't have been more helpful and trusting. The location of this apartment is another big plus.
Interaction with Guests
Many buss lines in the area
1) Guests are to arrive after 4 pm and leave by 11:00 am; early check-in (if permitted) shall have a $50 fee. Late check-outs will be charged a $50 fee against security deposit per hour late.
2) Guests must wash their own dishes and clean up any spills immediately
3) Guests are to place all dirty towels in the washer and start the first load prior to checking out
4) Guests to bring their own paper products such as paper towels and toilet paper
5) Check-in time is before 12:00 mid-night; if guest are arriving after mid-night they must pay a $50 fee and inform the host 24 hours before they arrive so arrangements can be made to let them into building.
6) Heat must be turned off when guests are not home and when they check-out
7) Windows may be left open a crack, but not wide open when guests are not home (or upon check-out)
8) Perishable items (that no one else would use) are to be removed from the fridge prior to check-out.
9) No additional guests than stated (and paid for) in reservation. Each violation incurs a $50 extra charge per guest per night.
10) No parties at the home are allowed (and no more than 6 guests in the home at any given time).
11) All trash is to be placed in dustbins prior to check-out. No trash should be left out and about.
12) Children 3 and older and each pet count as additional guests, so please submit your inquiries for the proper number of guests (priced accordingly).
13) Absolutely no smoking inside the unit (not even out the window). Smoking must be outside of the building.
14) No loud music or sound that could disturb the neighbors.
15) No moving of furniture or accessories in the home. If moved, they need to be moved back. If heavy pieces (beds/tables, etc.) are moved there will be an additional charge from the cleaners.
16) Any damages to the home or maintenance/repair items need to be reported upon check-out.
17) Upon completing check-out please message host if possible to confirm.
18) Guests agree to be reasonable if there happen to be any glitches and understand this is not a hotel with a full-time staff. The host will do everything possible to make the guests experience a great one, but in case there is a problem (very rarely) they agree to work with host or cleaning service to resolve it amicably.
We expect guests to respect the home and treat it with care.
Trevlig lägenhet med närhet till många fina områden. Lägenheten fungerade för oss, två vuxna och två barn. Uppskattade att det var så enkelt att hitta parkering i närheten.
Listing was accurate and the room was nice and comfortable. The checkout guidelines were very clear and easy to follow.
The host did a fine job. The representation of the home was very accurate. All in all we were very pleased with our stay
The reservation was canceled 13 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
We (3 adults, 2 kids 9 & 4 yo) had a great time staying at Zen on Fillmore. General: The apartment is secure, well-maintained, clean, and had all amenities we were looking for. Location: It is located right on the bus line and we did not have to rent a car or hire a taxi to go around San Francisco - and this was our first time in this city! It is also walking distance to some really good restaurants and night life on Fillmore street. Host: The host was readily available via phone and text and is very gracious and accomodating. The house rules are reasonable.
Specifics: Kitchen is well equipped and we cooked breakfast all days that we were there and this+bus saved us a lot. The king bed is comfortable and easily accomodated an adult plus the two kids, and can comfortably accomodate 2 adults. There is a single bed in the living room which can accomodate an adult. I slept on the foam mattress and found it adequate. The living room has a couch which was also comfortable to sleep on. The bathroom is attached to the bedroom and we did not have any issues with that but prospective renters should pay attention to this detail - may be a deal-breaker for some.
I cannot comment on the parking situation because I did not need it at all. Overall, we loved our stay and would definitely recommend it highly.
It was a pretty seamless experience to get access to the apt which I really appreciate. The building isn't fancy, but it has a cool park/garden in the middle that is pretty cool. The actual apt feels a bit like you're staying at your friend from college's apartment (immediately after graduation). It's simple and clean. If you need to work from the house you'll need to tether to your phone b/c the wifi is slow... very slow.
1) The apartment is very clean and cozy.
2) The location is quite central. It was easy to get to most places from the apartment.
Negatives (taking into consideration that this place was expensive):
1) I think the host forgot that she is running a business. Her attitude was not professional. To start off, she did not have a backup contact to run the place while she was vacationing overseas. We ran into key issues that made our stay unpleasant. The key box for the apartment wasn't working and although the host knew about it, she did not communicate it with us. We spent quite some time trying to open the lock. The fob for the main entrance didn't work as well and we had to continuously wait for other residents to enter the building, sometimes up to 20 minutes standing outside. We were caught waiting in the rain on 2 occasions until residents came in. Her communication was bare minimum and usually 1 sentence responses.
2) The apartment definitely does not sleep 4 adults. The set up is 1 King Bed, an uncomfortable twin bed and a couch. The king bed comfortably fits 2 people. However, the twin bed and couch in the living room are meant for kids. If you have two couples traveling, one of the couples will definitely need to split.
3) She has a strict cancellation policy that is visible when booking. However, there is no flexibility in changing your reservation as well. I needed to leave a day earlier but the host was not accommodative at all with such a request. Just be extremely certain of your plans before you book this place.
4) Even with a $85 cleaning fee, you're expected to do certain chores such as take out the trash and put the first load in the washer. Not to mention that there are many rules and fines for the place.
5) The host mentioned that parking is not included and street parking is usually available. Street parking isn't usually available. Every night we had to circle a few times around the block to find parking.
This guest stayed for 4 nights and unfortunately it was right at the beginning of my trip to a country that blocks email, maps, (website hidden), and other many other websites and forms of communication. It was my first time traveling there and hence I was unprepared for that. Despite my best attempts and hours spent trying to resolve telecommunication issues, this guest was not happy as I was not able to rectify the issues legitimate issues he mentions here. However, the listing is clear on the bed configuration: 1 twin and 1 king, and extra foam mattresses. If that was not "suitable" for 2 couples that is up to the guest to determine prior to booking. The house rules require guests to place trash in the trash bins within the unit, not leave it strewn about the apartment, as some guests have in the past (I've seen everything from Christmas present boxes to tons of trash all around, and we do not have the cleaning staff to support large clean outs of this nature). The recent increase in the taxes by 14% in San Francisco makes the listing more pricey than before, for sure. Buyers should take that into account when making lodging decisions. The key issue was a building wide problem, that has since been resolved.
This host has 121 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews