About this listing
This themed cabin is located at the historical Torrent Falls area and is a rock climber’s paradise. It is decorated in rock climbing gear with a climbing wall inside.
Torrent Falls has a long and colorful history. Once home to the Adena Indians, they lived, farmed and hunted the land. In more recent history, the L. Park Hotel was built in 1890. This one of a kind landmark once boasted a suspended stage, a boardwalk dance floor, and an orchestra in the amphitheater. Now Torrent Falls is a cabin resort. With one of Kentucky’s tallest waterfalls (seasonal) and world class rock climbing out your back door, it’s a beautiful way to spend a vacation.
Step off your porch and you’re just a few feet from the private cliff line and world class climbing. Even if you’re not a climber, you’ll love this place. This cabin sleeps 6 adults.
This cabin is accessed by a series of 65 stairs.
• Full Bed in downstairs bedroom
• Set of bunk beds in downstairs bedroom
• King Bed in loft (access by wooden ladder)
• Full kitchen (stove top, oven, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee pot, dishes, pots & pans, dish soap)
• Full Bath (bring your own toiletries)
• All linens and towels provided
• Heat and A/C
• TV and DVD/VHS player
• WiFi available on the property (not at the cabin)
• Gas grill
There is an onsite guiding service. Let us put together a guided rock climbing or canoeing trip to make your vacation an unforgettable one! Or, you can relax and unwind with a yoga class or bodywork session form a licensed acupuncturist. Contact us for details.
After signing an access liability waiver you and your guests can enjoy the beautiful private property for hiking, climbing, rappelling, etc.
Interaction with Guests
We live 7 miles from the property. However, we are available for any questions you may have. We try to meet all of our guests, but sometimes it is hard to catch up with folks when they are out exploring the beautiful area.
Other Things to Note
You will be required to sign an access liability waiver form. Access to and use of the Torrent Falls property is granted to those who rent cabins without additional charge pursuant to KRS 411.190. The liability waiver form gives you access to enjoy the private property that the cabin is located on for hiking, climbing, rappelling, etc. After you book, I will send you this form for you to read and e-sign. Airbnb does not offer electronic signatures. Sorry for the inconvenience.
• We do not offer 1 night rentals on the weekend. We can put you on a wait list, and if the cabin is not rented out by 3:00 the day before your desired stay, we will contact you to see if you are still interested. There is an additional fee of $25 (cleaning fee) for all single night stays.
• At least one adult (over 21) is required to be registered, and in residence, for the entire length of stay. You must be 21 or over to reserve a cabin.
• Check-out time for all cabins is no later than 11 am. In consideration of the guest checking in after you, please observe the checkout time. A late charge of $75 may be assessed if your cabin is not vacated by 11 am.
• All guests staying at the Torrent Falls property must read and sign the access liability waiver form when you arrive. You are renting the cabin only. Rental of a cabin does not include rental of any portion of the property beyond the rental unit. Access to and use of the Torrent Falls property is granted to those who rent cabins without additional charge pursuant to KRS 411.190. Those who wish to avail themselves of this opportunity must sign a waiver. The liability waiver form grants you access to enjoy the private property that the cabin is located on for hiking, climbing, rappelling, etc.
• Cabin maximum occupancy is listed for each cabin. Occupancy is based on residential and fire codes. Anyone caught with non approved extra guests will be charged a minimum of $75 per person/night. No overnight guests.
• No fires are allowed.
• Pets are not allowed on the premises at any time. A $200.00 fee will be charged and you will be required to board your pet for the remainder of your stay.
• No Smoking in any of our cabins. Smoking is permitted outside in designated areas only. There will be a $200 charge if a cabin has any smell of cigarette smoke or if the cabin has been smoked in. Please be respectful of other non-smoking guests. Dispose of cigarette butts properly.
• Please leave the cabin as you found it. Please wash your dishes and make sure all appliances are turned off. All items in cabin including furniture must be put back in its appropriate location. If there is excessive clean-up for our staff you will be charged an additional $25/hour fee.
• Any misplaced or missing items will be charged to the renter.
• Guests are responsible for their own trash and recycling. Please refer to the rules listed in each cabin for instructions. A fee of $10 will be charged if we have to remove excess garbage from your cabin.
• Please secure all loose food or anything that might attract insects or critters.
• Any gate codes or access is limited to cabin guests only. Please do not give out codes to anyone else.
• No ATV's, Hunting, Firearms, or Fireworks
• Quiet Time is observed from 10:00 pm to 9:00 am. Please be respectful of other guests on the property by keeping noise to a minimum during this time. Rowdiness is not tolerated at any time.
• All guests must reside in the cabin. No tent camping or sleeping in hammocks is allowed. We do not allow hammocks at any time, as this causes damage to tour trees.
• Management reserves the right to enter the cabin for maintenance, cleaning or any violation of property rules.
• Make sure you have everything before you depart. If you leave something behind, it is not our responsibility to return it to you. If you would like your item to be shipped, we charge a minimum $25 fee.
• If in an event that an appliance is not working properly, let us know immediately and we will attempt to fix the situation. We do not offer refunds due to malfunctioning electronics.
• Check-in time is 3 pm. Check out is 11 am.
Cell phone service can be spotty in the area. Feel free to leave our contact info for emergencies. We will try our best to contact you if possible.
***When making a reservation with Red River Outdoors, you accept full responsibility as renter. You are responsible for all guests in your cabin and making sure everyone adheres to the rules and policies we have in place.***
Climber's Cabin at the gorgeous Torrent Falls area. Unbelievable rock amphitheaters and Kentucky's tallest waterfall! Perfect for up to 6 people.
We had a great time at Wendy and Craig's cabin! It's located in a beautiful gorge area with tons of great hiking (and climbing) right out back. Peaceful and private - but with all the amenities you need.
This was a great little cabin tucked in the woods. One thing I didn't realize before booking was that there is over 60 uneven stairs to get up to the cabin which normally would be cool but it was a little tricky for my 86 year old grandma. I would come back with my friends for sure. I loved all the climbing gear decorations. The deck is great too. The cabin was well stocked with all the necessities. The towels smelled a little mildewy but not that bad. Overall great stay and great location.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our cabin. We do mention the stairs in our listing, I will try to figure out how to make it more obvious for future guests. Thanks for the input. I am so sorry about the towels. It was recently brought to our attention and the situation has now been remedied. We hope to see you again sometime.
This cabin was just as advertised. Wendy was very responsive to all my email questions prior to arrival, showed up to greet us on our first evening, and made us feel welcome. Very easy to cook in the well supplied kitchen; great gas grill. Convenient location for all hiking in the Red River Gorge!
We had a wonderful time in the climbers cabin! There are beautiful trails surrounding the cabin which is clean and properly stocked with everything you could need. Wendy and Craig were helpful and transparent hosts.
This host has 51 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Wendy & Craig
Loving life in the Red River Gorge! Come fall in love with the area like we did!
Red River Outdoors is a one-stop shop for all your outdoor adventure needs. We are a locally owned and operated family business and love the area we live in. We have combined our love for the outdoors with the convenience of cabin rentals and private camping (camping coming soon). We are located within minutes of the beauty and wonders of Kentucky’s Red River Gorge, Natural Bridge State Park and Daniel Boone National Forest.
Need an adrenaline fix or just want to enjoy the hospitality and beauty that the area and our property has to offer? Red River Outdoors can take care of your vacation needs by offering many outdoor activities including a rock climbing guide service, canoeing/kayaking (guests only) and coming soon….tree climbing! We can develop an exciting package for any group size, time frame, budget or physical needs.
We are currently running extended stay specials and combination cabin and activity "Stay and Play" packages. Reserve now and save! Please contact us for details. Large group discounts available, please contact Red River Outdoors for details! We look forward to taking care of your vacation and adventure needs.
Thank you for stopping by and we hope to see you soon!
Craig & Wendy
(phone number hidden)