This is a room in 2 bedroom apartment just 10 minutes from NYC. The building is situated in a quiet location, yet it is just around the corner from the business district and a few blocks to the buses that take you to Mid-town Manhattan in 15 minutes.
Welcome to New Jersey/ New York!
This is one room in a 2 bedroom apartment just 10 minutes from NYC. If you are interested in renting the entire apartment go to https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/702449.
Please note: with this screen you are booking/inquiring to rent one of the bedrooms.
The building is situated in a quiet location, yet it is just around the corner from the business district and 2 blocks to the buses that take you to Mid-town Manhattan in 10 minutes! We are also close to Hoboken, Weehawken and Jersey City. It is ideal for people looking to visit the city for a couple of days as well as people looking to stay for a couple of months. Please message me if you are interested in staying for an extended period of time and I will be happy to discuss long-term pricing with you then.
The apartment has been completely renovated, including the bathroom. The walls have been newly painted and all furniture is brand new!
Please make sure that you check all my other listing – *the RedRoom & *the entire Apartment - under my profile, and if you don't find the dates you're looking for, shoot me an inquiry anyways and I'll do what I can to help you, including recommending other great local hosts.
ABOUT YOUR ROOM and the house:
* There is a fully equipped kitchen and refrigerator. We provide coffee, tea and hot chocolate. We encourage you to make yourself at home. Depending on the length of your stay, you can stack up on food and drink, there is plenty of storage space! We can suggest restaurants (menus on the book shelf of those that deliver!)
* Keypad code (no physical keys) so you can come and go as you please
* There is a key to each bedroom to assure privacy and security
* Your bedroom (The Green Room) has a day bed with a pullout bed. The room comfortably accommodates two people
* Free WIFI
* Includes all linens, blankets, towels and pillows
* Share kitchen and bathrooms with other guests
* We can install child proof rail guards
* LGBT friendly
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
* Located in Union City, NJ, a very short direct bus ride to Times Square area
* Five blocks from gorgeous Manhattan views (along Hudson River)
* Best 'cafe con leche' in town around the corner. You'll wonder why you spend so much at Starbucks!
* Buses to Manhattan/Times Square run every minute during day, and every 4 minutes at night. Buses run 24/7.
* Great grocery and wine/liquor stores in the neighborhood; a Bodega around the corner (open until 11pm), an Italian deli and the supermarket is just a few blocks away.
* Very safe neighborhood, lots of great restaurants and bakeries but also very quiet at night.
ABOUT TRANSPORTATION: Believe it or NOT – it is possible to be outside of Manhattan and so close to it, yet it's true. Here are some facts about transportation:
1. Apartment is 5 minutes (7 blocks) walking from the central bus stop at post office.
2. The jitney bus is very frequent, I rarely wait for it more than 2 to 3 minutes. Most of the time you won't even wait at all. You will get to the bus stop and a bus will be there.
3. Buses are available 24/7 so you can catch them even when you spend the whole evening out.
4. The price of these express buses is $3 onboard, and $2.50 if you buy tickets at ticket window #23 at Port Authority Bus Terminal
5. You won't find a timetable or route on the internet for these buses, it's a private bus company that runs many lines in and out of Manhattan
6. City bus #22 runs every 30 minutes into Hoboken, home of the Cake Boss, Birthplace of Frank Sinatra and Baseball (where you can also catch the PATH into Manhattan 33rd Street and/or the World Trade Center) and bus #123 every 15-30 minutes (during commute hours) into Manhattan’s Port Authority (42nd Street & 8th Avenue – Times Square)
* Easy city bus access to Jersey Garden Outlet Mall, much closer and as good as Woodbury Commons
Being an urban area, parking is tight. We will provide a visitor pass so you have the same privilege as residence. Please note, that you must not forget to return this pass, otherwise we will need to charge you $35.00. For those who are not familiar with the parking system in the US, you must adhere to the parking rules - ie NO parking in fire zones / handicapped zones; sweep days; parking meters need to be adhered to and if you get a ticket, do not assume that you will not get another one if you don't move your car.
Many ask about the price and extra fees and how to pay. When you put in the dates and number of people you will get our total cost. There are no taxes or extra fees on top of this, but AirBnB adds their fee. It varies between 6-12% on top of our price.
All the payments are safely made with credit card to AirBnB when booking. They hold the money until the day you check in and will then transfer it to us.
Bookings with us are done with the "strict" cancellation policy and all cancellations should be done through AirBnB. This being said, if we manage to re-rent the place the nights you have canceled we can give a bigger refund to you than what the strict cancellation policy dictates. The earlier you cancel the bigger the chance that we will find other guests.
DEPOSIT IS FOR KEYS + VISITOR PASS WILL BE REFUNDED TO YOU BY AIRBNB WHEN THEY ARE RETURNED.
To confirm that you have read the entire description, please include the secret word "GreenwichVillage" in your inquiry to me.
Check out by 11am – if you need to stay longer, a special request can be made, depending if we need the room the same or the next day.
I was born in Vienna, Austria and have been living in the States for some 4 decades. I lived in Greenwich Village and the East Village (NYC) for 25 years - I consider myself a true New Yorker still, although I now live in New Jersey! I speak German and English and the people in the building speak Spanish!
Great energy and very peaceful! Feel free to message me with any questions!
Thank's Hannelore for this great accommodation! It's exactly like on the photos! We definitely are coming back! Just need a little bit of money for the flight ;)!
It is just 15min by bus to Time Square and they running all the time. It's a nice neighbourhood very quiet for such a small distance to the big city!
Hannelore gave us some advice for a shopping outlet store and so many other things! If you like a nice view on the skyline of Manhattan, it's just 10min walk to the Hudson River, I recommend to do this by night! It's amazing! So all in all, one of our best decisions we made to stay here!
Hannelore was such a great host! I really loved the apartment. It was very colorful and the atmosphere was very comfortable. It's a perfect location for a quiet nights sleep but also very close to Manhattan. I would highly recommend staying at Hannelore's apartment!
We really enjoyed the stay!
Very clean and comfortable apartment with everything you need. Bus station to NYC only three blocks away.
Can't find better place to stay !
Apartment is very nice new and clean. It has everything you need to live comfortable in it. Hannelore and people she works with are very helpful and always avaliable.
Things we didnt like:
1st of all be warned! - this is apt with 2 rooms and if share it with neigbours be prepared that they might be loud uncivilized savages who will never wash their dishes, never trow the trash, bring lovers in a night and "their friends' - strangers they will drink with in a living room till midnight. Unfortunatly we lived with that people and they ignored our requests to behave respectfully to us. Owner and her assistances will not help you because they say " friends are OK, just stay in your room and lock it ", "sorry about that, usually people are more civilized" and stuff like that..
this is the most horrible things about this place. other neigbours who came after - were ok, thnx god.
The seconf thing is: we don't know about usual time (we satyed 17 - 27 of DEC) but in this time traffic was so bad that we could stay in lane 40 min - 1,5 hours to get NYC (this is just 6 km between your bus stop and Manhattan).
and the 3d thing is - be warned that green room has two small beds - you won't be able to sleep together if you wanted too.
this is the most catchy things we remember..
Neighbourhood is quiet and looks safe, all people are latin and mexian (most of them dont speak english)..cafes and supermarkets are close.
in whole this is good place to stay and can recommend it, but next time i think i will try to find another one for myself (at least with no neighbours)
I am glad you did enjoy some of your stay Tatiana … Sorry that one if your housemates did not oblige to some of the rules, but I am sure the others did.
By the way, if you would have read the description of the room is says there very clearly: Your bedroom (The Green Room) has a day bed with a pullout bed. You could have booked the RedRoom or the Entire Apartment if you did not want to share the space with other guests.
Any Metro area has commuter delays during rush hour, guests usually do not travel during that time, or at least they go with the rush hour and not against it!
Wishing you a Healthy and Happy New Year. Hannelore
We had a very nice stay in the green room. It was very clean and neat, exactly as advertised. We felt very safe in the neighborhood. We did not meet Hannelore but were in touch with her each day. This a great spot to tour NYC. We would definitely stay here again.
It was a clean and comfortable apartment. All facilities could be found nearby (shops bus ...) . Hannelore gave us a warm welcome and a friendly goodbye.
Meine erste Reise mit einer Unterkunft über Airbnb ging nach New York. In der Wohnung von Hannelore habe ich mich wohl gefühlt. Es sieht modern aus und die Bilder zeigen die Räumlichkeiten wie sie sind. Ich schlief im Green Room und für einen Einzelnen ist das Zimmer völlig ausreichend. Die Küche ist groß und es kann dort alles zubereitet werden. Der Kühlschrank ist groß um dort genügend Lebensmittel auch für längere Zeit unterzubringen. Alles in allem ist es sauber, hell und freundlich. Die Verkehrsanbindung (Bus) ist in wenigen Gehminuten erreicht und je nach Verkehrsaufkommen kann man New York von der Busstation aus in kurzer Zeit erreichen.
Hannelore ist eine sehr freundliche und hilfsbereite Gastgeberin. Mit Tipps hilft sie gerne weiter. Es hat mich sehr gefreut sie kennenzulernen und bei ihr Gast gewesen zu sein.
I stayed with my girlfriend for 7 nights on the house and We enjoyed our stay. It's a really good place if you are looking for something near NY. The house it's really nice and confortable. The neighborhood is really safe and quiet. We will return on our next trip.
Our stay with Hannelore was excellent. Location is very convenient, 15-20 mins to 42 street. Apartment is cozy and neat, very clean. On the first day Hannelore brought us donuts, such a sweet gesture : )
Next time definitely stay here.
Julia and Alex
New York was our first stop of our roundtrip in the USA.
The host Hannelore is a fantastic person. She is really friendly and visited us twice to answer questions and solve any problems.
The accomodation was very clean and comfortable !
Some other guests did not disturb us! Instead the shared living room leads to some interesting talks.
The house is located in a friendly latino area. It is very easy to go to NYC (just a few stops by bus) and see the tourist attractions there.
all in all one can say that we will definitely book the room again if we stay in NY again! It is just an amazing place!
thank your Hannelore!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.