About this listing
Lounge by the pool in this exequistely appointed home in the heart of central Austin. Minutes from downtown the walled backyard provides seclusion to relax away from it all. ACL, SWSX and the heartbeat of Austin are at your fingertips.
The location of this home is most desireable for those who want to check out the heart of Austin. License # 039983 - With Austin's new regulations on Vacation Rentals, we are one of the few vacation homes that is legally licensed to operate in the City of Austin. Rent Stress Free! Several famous people have! Check out my review from Miles Teller.
This luxurious, 3700 sq ft., hacienda style retreat has all the comforts of home while located in one of the most well established neighborhoods... just a couple miles from downtown Austin and many fabulous Restaraunts. Walk 6 blocks to the lake where Hula Hut and Cafe Mozart await you on the water. The Hike and Bike trail is about a 1/2 mile away and borders Zilker park where ACL is held. Just over 3 miles to the Austin Conventin Center with a direct bus route straight from the house. Grill out while enjoying the beautiful patio, gardens, pool, and hot tub. Or stay inside and cook in the large Chef's kitchen. This home is a warm and artful masterpiece with all the amenities, including wifi, cable, and much more!
There are four bedrooms with queen size beds. The master has a high end memory foam matress, the two guest rooms are box spring, pillow tops, and the 4th bed which is in a large game rooom, is a queen pull out couch, but is extremely comfortable (American Leather Sleeper-the best money can buy-all foam no springs). This bed can be made up prior to your arrival, or we can leave it up so that you can play pingpong! The study could be used as a 5th bedroom if someone is willing to sleep on a air matress on the floor. We have extra mattresses and plenty of floor space and couches. Two large flat screen TV's with TiVo, apple tv, chromecast, and DVD players. Wifi is easily accessed through out the house and patio. There is a washer and dryer, ironing board, and blow dryer available for your use. There is no smoking allowed in the house and only on the patio if the doors are closed as the smoke can waft in.
We will provide nice, clean bed linens and towels. There is a coffee maker, coffee and filters will be left out for your use. We have a Thermodor oven/stove, microwave, blender, grinder, ice maker and two sinks in the kitchen. If you like a few items in the fridge when you arrive we can accomodate your needs!
If you have cars there are two parking spaces in the double wide driveway as well as plenty of additional parking on the street.There is a bus stop a few feet away with easy access to downtown, the convention center, UT, and many other places. just check the cap metro trip planner to plan your transportation. Cars to Go is another option for getting around town (it's helpful to preregister before your stay).
There is an elliptical trainer and bike trainer in the master bedroom for your use.
Though a custom architectual delight, you will always feel cozy in this "story book style tudor, craftsmanesque, French country revival," as described by one UT professor.
You will have access to the entire house (accept garage) pool, and yard.
Interaction with Guests
Myself or one of my family or friends are only text away to answer any questons you may have.
There are restaurants, the lake, and golf within walking distance. Beautiful old West Austin Neighborhood, oh so close to downtown. The hike and bike trail is 1 and 1/2 miles away! I am headed there now :).
There is a bus stop on the side of my house. You can Uber, Lift, to dowtown in 5 minutes. The bus takes about 15. We are close to everything in central Austin.
Rules for the Property
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the residence. Your deposit will not be refunded if interior smoking has occurred during Tenant’s stay.
2. A complete list of all people staying in the house must give upon booking, Any other persons on the Property are the sole responsibility of Tenant. The Property is NOT to be used for weddings, special events, business marketing, or as a group gathering place during festivals. A separate contract is required for these types of events.
3. Please keep the Property and all furnishings in good order as if they were your own. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
AT CHECK OUT
•Please turn off all lights (switches)
•Place used towels in the laundry room.
•You may leave the sheets, pillowcases and blankets on the beds.
•Please put used cooking utensils, pots, pans, silverware and dishes in the dishwasher and start a wash cycle before departure.
•Please put full trash bags in the gray trashcan out front by fence to the north
•Please put recycling (glass, metal, plastic and paper) in the large blue container next to the trash can.
•Place all keys on the kitchen counter. Lock all of the doors and use the front door to exit and put the key back into the lockbox (and lock it).
4. Please exercise EXTREME CAUTION while spending time on the back porch, patio, back yard, and swimming pool. Minor children should NEVER be left unattended in the back yard or in the pool area.
5. Pets are NOT allowed in the residence or on the property.
6. Parking is limited to 6 vehicle(s). Guests’ vehicles are to be parked in the driveway or in the street at the curb directly in front of the residence or on the side of the house. Do not block or park in neighbors’ driveways. Do not park curbside in front of neighbors’ houses.
8. There is no daily housekeeping service. While clean linens and bath towels are included in the house, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. If you are planning to utilize the swimming pool during your stay, we supply beach towels. We do not permit our own towels or linens to be taken from the residence.
10. Use caution if you decide to use gas fireplace. Make sure flu is open for use and closed after so critters don't come in :). do not leave fire unattended.
11. Toilets and Kitchen Disposal: The toilets will clog up if improper material is flushed. Please DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper down the toilet. No feminine products or paper towels should be flushed at anytime. The kitchen sink has a first class disposal, but the kitchen drain line will clog if a large amount of food waste is forced into the disposal at one time. Please use caution when using disposal.
13. If you choose to smoke outside on the patio, please use the ashtrays available and dump them in the outside large grey trashcan by the fence NOT in doors. If any smell of smoke is found inside the property or cigarrette butts in the yard, you will loose your deposit.