Beautiful, calm and simple two room apartment in a vibrant, multicultural neighbourhood a few minutes from Montmartre.
The flat is fully equipped and furnished, from wireless lan to a charming fireplace, ready to move in, like a suite in a hotel.
Beautiful and simple 2 room apartment to rent by the day, week-end, week or month.
In a vibrant, multicultural neighbourhood a few minutes walk from Montmartre.
The apartment, fully renovated in 2009, is equipped and furnished, with bed-room, living room, little kitchen, bathroom, toilet and a functional chimney.
It's surface is 36m² (388 ft²), perfect for a single person or a couple.
The apartment is located at the 5th (second-last) floor of a traditional and simple Parisian building (early XXth century), without elevator. It faces a quiet courtyard, with windows in every room and lots of light (orientation is north-west).
The apartment is fully prepared for you on your arrival, ready for you to "move in" with just a suitcase. Like a suite in a hotel, with the feel of real Paris.
===== The apartment =====
- stylish and simple, pure but cozy “white & wood” decoration
- chimney (with a comfy and romantic wool carpet in front)
- armoured security door
- table and 4 chairs (all foldable not to be in the way if unneeded)
- futon cushion (a folded small futon mattress, for a passing guest, but not suitable as a real sleeping place)
- robust king size bed (180x200 cm)
- tray with folding feet (for a breakfast in bed or champagne in front of the chimney)
- closets and storage space, sheets, spare blankets
- two plate induction cook-top
- microwave oven with grill function
- bodum "french press" coffee machine
- fridge with little freezer
- stone sink
- kitchen equipment (dishes, plates, cooking tools, etc.)
- basic condiments (salt, sugar, olive oil, etc.)
- floor level thermostatic shower, with additional rain shower head
- washing machine (and folding hanger) for clothes
Communication & media:
- high speed ADSL Internet access (secured private wireless and also wired in every room)
- house phone with free land-line calls to more than 100 countries including the USA, Canada, Germany. For USA and Canada calls are free on both landlines and mobiles
- loud speaker system with mini-jack (earphone) cable to connect a laptop or any portable sound player
- there is currently no TV set - I believe a chimney is a far better program ;-) but the Internet provider offers TV streaming (about 150 national and international channels)
- sustainable power, 100% exclusively from renewable sources (Enercoop)
===== The surroundings =====
The building is a traditional and simple Parisian building (early XXth century). There is no lift. The staircase needs some freshening up.
It is is located in the vibrant and exotic, greatly African “Goutte d'Or” district, a truly authentic multicultural Parisian experience.
Montmartre and the Sacré-Coeur are within 5 to 10 minutes walking distance.
The area is very lively and offers many amenities:
- a market street providing fish, meat, fruits, vegetables, etc., every day (expect Monday).
- all commodities like post-office, money-change, bank, bakery, pharmacy (open until 2 am), etc., are just a couple of minutes walk away
- many supermarkets within 2 to 5 minutes walking distance, some open 7/7, one until 10:30 pm on week-days
- many little shops for everyday needs are all around, also many African shops, as are a big entertainment (music, dvd, books) store and a huge toy store
- many cafés, bars and restaurants (French, Indian, African cuisine) just in the street or within walking distance
Please click on the "guidebook" link to read about neighbourhood amenities and places I recommend.
===== Location =====
Montmartre hill and the Sacré-Coeur are within 5 to 10 minutes walking distance.
Closest Métro station is Château-Rouge, within 3 minutes walk.
It offers fast and direct access to Paris' city heart.
From Château-Rouge you are :
- in 3 minutes at Gare du Nord (Eurostar train to London, transfer to CDG airport shuttle)
- in 4 mn at Gare de l'Est (Trains to Germany)
- in 13 mn at Châtelet (city center, transfer for most major sights in Paris)
- in 15 mn at Cité and Saint-Michel (near Notre Dame Cathedral)
- in 17 mn at Odéon and Saint-Germain-des-Près (left bank, the latin quarter)
- in 20 mn at Gare Montparnasse (Trains to south west France)
===== Notes =====
It is important for me that you are not disappointed upon arrival, so I prefer to draw your attention to the following aspects which may (or may not!) be of importance for you :
- the apartment is on the 5th floor without elevator
- toilet and shower are “parisian sized”, so if you are very over-sized this may not be comfortable
- the area is a very lively multicultural working-class neighbourhood, and with a market street not far, it is often crowded, and the streets are sometimes dirty
- no TV set, TV is provided via streaming (see media chapter)
- please do not smoke inside
This being said, all the people who stayed in the apartment liked it, and most really loved it.
The apartment was renovated and is run in an effort of sustainability.
All windows are double glazed for best thermic isolation. The induction cooking is (when gas is not available) the most energy effective way of heating food. We make every effort to minimize waste and recycle.
The power supply is coming from renewable sources exclusively (no nuclear power), guaranteed by France's only real 100% green power provider Enercoop.
Reservation, payment, security deposit
The reservation, payment and security deposit are handled entirely by and via AirBnB.
===== Contact & More =====
The apartment is fully prepared for you on your arrival, ready for you to "move in" with just a suitcase.
Like a suite in a hotel, with the feel of real Paris.
Check-in is usually from noon to 14h00 (2pm), or from 19h00 (7pm) to 23h30 (11.30pm). If requested and possible, I can arrange special check-in times.
Whenever possible, I allow a late check-out. When guests follow the same day, I kindly request a check-out before 11h00 (11am).
Do not hesitate to ask.
Please feel free to contact me for any information. I will respond quickly.
I will be happy to make your stay in Paris a great experience.
Upon reservation, you will receive indications on how to come to the apartment, and useful tips about public transportation.
I will also send you a little house guide, and a pdf of the neighbourhoods guidebook. Both guides will also await you printed in the apartment.
In the kitchen and in the bathroom you will find consumables and base condiments for every day usage. These products are at your disposal, so you feel at home from the first minute, and do not need to start your stay with a huge shopping.
For the comfort of future guests, please do not smoke in the apartment, or only out of the windows.
The apartment will be fully cleaned before your arrival and after your departure, but we ask that you ensure the apartment is tidy before you leave.
Please treat our apartment the way you would treat your own home.
Wir hatten einen sehr schönen Aufenthalt in Paris, was auch an dem schönen Apartment und der guten Tipps von Michael lag. Er hat uns im Voraus eine lange Mail geschrieben mit detaillierten Beschreibungen und Tipps. So konnten wir uns, sowohl auf dem Weg vom Flughafen zur Wohnung, als auch im Viertel selbst, leicht zurechtfinden! Die Wohnung war in einem sauberen und ordentlichen Zustand. Die Schlüsselübergabe zu ungünstigen Uhrzeiten war auch überhaupt kein Problem!
Die Wohnung liegt zwar etwas außerhalb der ganzen Touristenattraktionen, aber dank der Metrostation vor der Haustür war alles problemlos zu erreichen.
Danke für den schönen Aufenthalt!!!
It was a great place to stay! Centrally located near a metro station and in a great (multicultural) neighbourhood. The appartment has everything that you would need during a short stay in Paris.
I would definitely recommend this place to other travellers.
J'ai passée un temps agréable dans l'appartement. Il y a une bonne ambiance et c'est bien situé non loin de la Gare du Nord.
Everything was as described, it's a great Parisian apartment with a good vibe. Michael makes check in and out seamless. I will come back.
Appartamento molto carino e silenzioso. Letto "vero" e comodo. C è tutto l'essenziale per trascorrere in tranquillità una piacevole vacanza. Le istruzioni per tutto erano chiarissime e non abbiamo avuto nessun problema. La metro è vicinissima e il quartiere non mi è sembrato per niente pericoloso. Unico neo ma tipico di Parigi, la mancanza di ascensore. Forse una mano di pittura... io comunque ci tornerei!
We had a short but nice stay in Micheal's studio.
Just perfect size and soothing atmosphere. It is furnished just enough to make you feel at home and away from noisy Paris. Also the neighborhood is to our experience really great.
This host has 22 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I love travelling, not only as a tourist but also for work, it makes you meet people and share moments of life.
I live and work between South of France, Montpellier, and Paris.
I very much enjoy being in Paris and in Montpellier myself, and will be happy to welcome you there, in your new home!