Beautiful, calm and simple 2 room apartment (email hidden)ly and multicultural neighbourhood a few minutes from Montmartre.
The flat is fully equipped and furnished, from wireless lan to a charming fireplace, ready to move in, like a suite in a hotel.
** Spring in Paris: special offer pricing **
Beautiful and simple 2 room apartment to rent by the day, week-end, week or month.
(email hidden)ly and multicultural neighbourhood a few minutes walk from Montmartre.
The apartment, fully renovated in 2009, is equipped and furnished, with bed-room, living room, little kitchen, bathroom, toilet and a functional chimney.
It's surface is 36m² (388 ft²), perfect for a single person or a couple.
The apartment is located at the 5th (second-last) floor of a traditional and simple Parisian building (early XXth century), without elevator. It faces a quiet courtyard, with windows in every room and lots of light (orientation is north-west).
The apartment is fully prepared for you on your arrival, ready for you to "move in" with just a suitcase. Like a suite in a hotel, with the feel of real Paris.
===== The apartment =====
- stylish and simple, pure but cozy “white & wood” decoration
- chimney (with a comfy and romantic wool carpet in front)
- armoured security door
- table and 4 chairs (all foldable not to be in the way if unneeded)
- futon cushion (a folded small futon mattress, for a passing guest, but not suitable as a real sleeping place)
- robust king size bed (180x200 cm)
- tray with folding feet (for a breakfast in bed or champagne in front of the chimney)
- closets and storage space, sheets, spare blankets
- two plate induction cook-top
- microwave oven with grill function
- bodum "french press" coffee machine
- fridge with little freezer
- stone sink
- kitchen equipment (dishes, plates, cooking tools, etc.)
- basic condiments (salt, sugar, olive oil, etc.)
- floor level thermostatic shower, with additional rain shower head
- washing machine (and folding hanger) for clothes
Communication & media:
- high speed ADSL Internet access (secured private wireless and also wired in every room)
- house phone with free land-line calls to more than 100 countries including the USA, Canada, Germany. For USA and Canada calls are free on both landlines and mobiles
- loud speaker system with mini-jack (earphone) cable to connect a laptop or any portable sound player
- there is currently no TV set - I believe a chimney is a far better program ;-) but the Internet provider offers TV streaming (about 150 national and international channels)
- sustainable power, 100% exclusively from renewable sources (Enercoop)
===== The surroundings =====
The building is a traditional and simple Parisian building (early XXth century). There is no lift. The staircase needs some freshening up.
It is is located in the vibrant and exotic, greatly African “Goutte d'Or” district, a truly authentic multicultural Parisian experience.
Montmartre and the Sacré-Coeur are within 5 to 10 minutes walking distance.
The area is very lively and offers many amenities:
- a market street providing fish, meat, fruits, vegetables, etc., every day (expect Monday).
- all commodities like post-office, money-change, bank, bakery, pharmacy (open until 2 am), etc., are just a couple of minutes walk away
- many supermarkets within 2 to 5 minutes walking distance, some open 7/7, one until 10:30 pm on week-days
- many little shops for everyday needs are all around, also many African shops, as are a big entertainment (music, dvd, books) store and a huge toy store
- many cafés, bars and restaurants (French, Indian, African cuisine) just in the street or within walking distance
Please click on the "guidebook" link to read about neighbourhood amenities and places I recommend.
===== Location =====
Montmartre hill and the Sacré-Coeur are within 5 to 10 minutes walking distance.
Closest Métro station is Château-Rouge, within 3 minutes walk.
It offers fast and direct access to Paris' city heart.
From Château-Rouge you are :
- in 3 minutes at Gare du Nord (Eurostar train to London, transfer to CDG airport shuttle)
- in 4 mn at Gare de l'Est (Trains to Germany)
- in 13 mn at Châtelet (city center, transfer for most major sights in Paris)
- in 15 mn at Cité and Saint-Michel (near Notre Dame Cathedral)
- in 17 mn at Odéon and Saint-Germain-des-Près (left bank, the latin quarter)
- in 20 mn at Gare Montparnasse (Trains to south west France)
===== Notes =====
It is important for me that you are not disappointed upon arrival, so I prefer to draw your attention to the following aspects which may (or may not!) be of importance for you :
- the apartment is on the 5th floor without elevator
- toilet and shower are “parisian sized”, so if you are very over-sized this may not be comfortable
- the area is a very lively multicultural working-class neighbourhood, and with a market street not far, it is often crowded, and the streets are sometimes dirty
- the staircase in the building needs some freshening up (march 2014: it is being re-painted). This is definitely not a “red carpet” staircase
- no TV set, TV is provided via streaming (see media chapter)
- please do not smoke inside
This being said, all the people who stayed in the apartment liked it, and most really loved it.
The apartment was renovated and is run in an effort of sustainability.
All windows are double glazed for best thermic isolation. The induction cooking is (when gas is not available) the most energy effective way of heating food. We make every effort to minimize waste and recycle.
The power supply is coming from renewable sources exclusively (no nuclear power), guaranteed by France's only real 100% green power provider Enercoop.
Reservation, payment, security deposit
The reservation, payment and security deposit are handled entirely by and via AirBnB.
===== Contact & More =====
The apartment is fully prepared for you on your arrival, ready for you to "move in" with just a suitcase.
Like a suite in a hotel, with the feel of real Paris.
Please feel free to contact me for any information. I will respond quickly.
I will be happy to make your stay in Paris a great experience.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||No Charge|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$541 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$2049 /month|
For a first time user of AirBnB I've gotta say... Why didn't I find out about this sooner?! The apartment was clean, bigger than the majority of hotel suites that I've ever stayed in, and very, very comfortable. In terms of location, I was very happy to been fortunate enough to stay in Montmartre; a beautiful location and easy enough to walk to all of the attractions if you're up for it. Michael was very friendly, helpful and just an all round cool guy. Merci beaucoup for the great memories!
This place is a real piece of jewelry! In the authentic parisien area very near to montmatre with it's african and cosmopolitain residents you find a warm-hearted atmosphere to relax and to keep a little privacy in big crowded Paris.
The romantic chimmeney and all what you need for life is really smart arranged in this little place. The Arrival was very uncomplicated just as the contact arrangement with our very kind and heldful host. Espacially agreable were all the little bits and bobs for everyday life like espresso, wine, a hair dryer, candles and lots of drugstore products. So you could really start to enjoy your stay from the first second as if you were parisien youself.
We loved that place and would come back every time. Thank you, Michael.
Michael is a fantastic host! The check-in process was made so easy by the document sent by Michael. It includes every piece of information you might need not only for the check-in but also for the rest of the stay. The apartment is really nice and frankly it is quite big for Paris! The area is not the cleanest but we always felt safe! Subway station is just a few steps away. Would I go back and would I recommend it? Yes and Yes! Thanks to Michaeal for the great stay we had.
Nice Appartement in a very vibrant neighbourhood :-)
It is a perfect startingpoint to explore the city. Sacre Coeur is only in about 7 walking minutes distance!
Michael is a very nice and friendly host and he organizes everything to make it as easy as possible for his guests.
Perfect location for a short trip to Paris!
It 'was a beautifull experience with Airbnb. The apartment's Michael was perfect, comfortable and functional and very close to the center points of Paris.
The Apartment is really beautiful, especially the chimney makes it very special. It is perfect located and I'll surely come back. Thanks, Michael!
Nous avons passé un excellent weekend parisien. C'est vrai que le quartier est assez folklorique, c'est pas toujours enthousiasmant, mais on était prévenu et une fois dans l'appart on était au calme (nuits silencieuses, sur cour). Tout le nécessaire est à disposition. Michael est très arrangeant et nous sommes plutôt satisfait de cette 1ère expérience sur Airbnb.
We had a great Weekend in Paris thanks to Michael!
Check In went smooth and the apartement is clean, modern and comfortable, just like the pictures suggest.
I personally loved the neighbourhood, but can see why single ladies might not want to wander the streets all by themselves. For those I'd suggest to simply walk a block further and not use "Market Street" and you'll be fine.
Due to the excellent bakeries next door we always had breakfast in bed before exploring Paris. Michael provides a guide which is filled with all the information you need.
I would definitely stay here again!
Great and cozy appartment in a vibrant neigbourhood in Paris. Easy to walk to Sacre Coeur and close to metro which brings you to the city centre in no time!
bonne appartement dans un quartier vivant
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.