Welcome to New Jersey/ New York!
This is a 2 bedroom apartment just 10 minutes from NYC. The building is situated in a quiet location, yet it is just around the corner from the business district and a few blocks to the buses that take you to Mid-town Manhattan in 15 minutes! We are also close to Hoboken, Weehawken and Jersey City. It is ideal for people looking to visit the city for a couple of days as well as people looking to stay for a couple of months. Please message me if you are interested in staying for an extended period of time and I will be happy to discuss long-term pricing with you then.
The apartment has been completely renovated, including the bathroom. The walls have been newly painted and all furniture is brand new!
Please make sure that you check our other listings – the GreenRoom and the RedRoom - under my profile, and if you don't find the dates you're looking for, shoot me an inquiry anyways and I'll do what I can to help you, including recommending other great local hosts.
ABOUT YOUR APARTMENT and the house:
* There is a fully equipped kitchen and refrigerator. We provide coffee, tea and hot chocolate. We encourage you to make yourself at home. Depending on the length of your stay, you can stack up on food and drink, there is plenty of storage space! We can suggest restaurants (menus on the book shelf of those that deliver!)
* Keypad code (no physical keys) so you can come and go as you please
* There is a key to each bedroom to assure privacy and security
* The SLEEPING ARRANGEMENT:
- Green Room has a day bed with a pullout bed. The room comfortably accommodates two people
- Red Room has a real queen bed, very comfy and cozy
- Living Room has a couch which can be opened into a queen bed
* Free WIFI
* Includes all linens, blankets, towels and pillows
* We can install child proof rail guards
* LGBT friendly
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
* Located in Union City, NJ, a very short direct bus ride to Times Square area
* Five blocks from gorgeous Manhattan views (along Hudson River)
* Best 'cafe con leche' in town around the corner (You'll wonder why you spend so much at Starbucks!)
* Buses to Manhattan/Times Square run every few minutes during the day and night. Buses run 24/7.
* Great grocery and wine/liquor stores in the neighborhood; a Bodega around the corner (open until 11pm), an Italian deli and the supermarket is just a few blocks away.
* Very safe neighborhood, lots of great restaurants and bakeries but also very quiet at night.
ABOUT TRANSPORTATION: Believe it or NOT – it is possible to be outside of Manhattan and so close to it, yet it's true. Here are some facts about transportation:
1. Apartment is 5 minutes (7 blocks) from the central bus stop at post office.
2. The jitney buses are very frequent, I rarely wait for it more than 2 to 3 minutes. Most of the time you won't even wait at all. You will get to the bus stop and a bus will be there.
3. Buses are available 24/7 so you can catch them even when you spend the whole evening out.
4. The price of these express buses is $3 - $4 onboard, and $2.50 if you buy tickets at ticket window #23 at Port Authority Bus Terminal
5. You won't find a timetable or route on the internet for these buses, it's a private bus company that runs many lines in and out of Manhattan
6. City bus #22 runs every 30 minutes into Hoboken, home of the Cake Boss, Birthplace of Frank Sinatra and Baseball (where you can also catch the PATH into Manhattan 33rd Street and/or the World Trade Center) and bus #123 every 15-30 minutes (during commute hours) into Manhattan’s Port Authority (42nd Street & 8th Avenue – Times Square)
* Easy city bus access to Jersey Garden Outlet Mall, much closer and as good as Woodbury Commons
Being an urban area, parking is tight. We will provide a visitor pass so you have the same privilege as residence. Please note, that you must not forget to return this pass, otherwise we will need to charge you $35.00. For those who are not familiar with the parking system in the US, you must adhere to the parking rules - ie NO parking in fire zones / handicapped zones; sweep days; parking meters need to be adhered to and if you get a ticket, do not assume that you will not get another one if you don't move your car.
Many ask about the price and extra fees and how to pay. When you put in the dates and number of people you will get our total cost. There are no taxes or extra fees on top of this, but AirBnB adds their fee. It varies between 6-12% on top of our price.
All the payments are safely made with credit card to AirBnB when booking. They hold the money until the day you check in and will then transfer it to us.
Bookings with us are done with the "strict" cancellation policy and all cancellations should be done through AirBnB. This being said, if we manage to re-rent the place the nights you have canceled we can give a bigger refund to you than what the strict cancellation policy dictates. The earlier you cancel the better the chance that we will find other guests.
DEPOSIT IS FOR KEYS + VISITOR PASS. IT WILL BE REFUNDED TO YOU BY AIRBNB WHEN YOU HAVE CHECKED OUT.
To confirm that you have read the entire description, please include the secret word "GreenwichVillage" in your inquiry to me.
Check out by 11am – if you need to stay longer, a special request can be made, depending if we need the room the same or the next day.
I was born in Vienna, Austria and have been living in the States for some 4 decades. I lived in Greenwich Village and the East Village (NYC) for 25 years - I consider myself a true New Yorker still, although I now live in New Jersey! I speak German and English and the people in the building speak Spanish!
Great energy and very peaceful! Feel free to message me with any questions!
Hannelore does not live on premises, but I like to come to meet my guests after arrival to say hello and to answer any questions, directions, etc. I also make it a point to come before the guest(s) leave to make sure that everything was in order and see how I can improve my services to visitors.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$25 / night after 4 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$995 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$2950 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
Da gibt es nur eins zu sagen: Vielen lieben Dank für alles!!!
Hat alles gut geklappt.Kommunikation mit Hannelore war 1A.
Alles was wir brauchten war in der Wohnung..Sehr schön eingerichtet.Hannelore war immer zu erreichen wenn wir sie brauchten.Um die Ecke konnte man Lebensmittelmärkte und kleine Imbisse finden.Bushaltestelle ist in 5 Minuten zu erreichen. Linie 123 Richtung Porth Autority Bus Terminal, und schon ist man am Time Square. Haltestelle ist in der 22st Palisade Avenue und heißt "Highpoint". Pro fahrt 3,20/ pro person. Lohnt sich am Automaten eine 10 Karte zu holen.Einkaufen würde ich im Jerseygarden Outlett.Steuerfrei!!!!!
Kurzum:War unser erster Newyork Trip und war super spannend und aufregend.Hannelore hat mit dazu beigetragen das alles zum Erfolg wurde....
Liebek dank nochmal für alles.
Wir verbrachten eine Woche in Hannelore's Appartment. Es war alles vorhanden und die Wohnung groß genug, auch mit 2 Kindern 20 und 16 Jahre alt. Die Betten waren vollkommen ausreichend dafür. In 7 Minuten am Bus, der uns für 3 $ pro Person ein Block entfernt vom Times Squre brachte. EIne tolle Skyline nur 5 Minuten zu Fuß.
Hannelore hat uns am zweiten Tag besucht und sehr nett Empfangen.
Die Wohnung ist genauso, wie auf den Bildern. Das Doppelbett war sehr bequem, das Bad sehr schön und die Küche hatte alles, was wir brauchten.
Wir sind zu dritt für $45 + 20% Tip mit dem Taxi gefahren.
Für eine Person ist es günstiger mit dem Airportbus bis nach Port Authority zu fahren und von dort aus mit der 123 weiter zur Wohnung.$16 + $3,2.
Direkt ums Eck befinden sich eine Post, Frisöre, Bars, kleine Restaurants/Imbissbuden und viele kleine Supermärkte, welche 7 Tage die Woche geöffnet haben. Dort haben wir uns täglich frische Baguettes, Obst und Gemüse gekauft.
Tagsüber und Nachts war es ruhig, so dass wir bei geöffnetem Fenster schlafen konnten.
3 Minuten von der Wohnung entfernt(ich glaube 24th st) ist eine Bushaltestelle.
Mit der 123 fährt man für $3,20 (Geld abezählt bereit halten) ca. 10 Minuten bis nach Manhatten-zum Port Authority. Von da aus fährt die Subway durch ganz NY. Ein Wochenticket kostet gerade mal $30.
Das Outletcenter Jersey Gardens ist für wenig Geld in 30 Minuten per Bus zu ereichen. Zur 30/31th st. und mit der 111/115 für $3,50 fahren. Dort kann man z.B. einen regnerischen Tag verbringen.
Und nicht vergessen bei Cold Stone sich ein Eis zu gönnen. So etwas leckeres habe ich noch nie gegessen....
Rundum, wir hatten eine sehr schöne Woche, viele neue Eindrücke, sind begeistert von der Hilfsbereitschaft und Offenheit der New Yorker und können jedem nur Empfehlen diese tolle Stadt zu besuchen und in der schönen Wohnung von Hannelore unterzukommen.
My family and I stayed at Hannelore's apartment for 5 nights. We absolutely loved it! There was enough room for the five of us. The rooms are nice with everything provided. Very nice shower. Everything is clean and quiet. And Hannelore was an amazing host as she contacted us regularly to know if we had any concerns or needs. Reaching Time Square is a piece of cake from there. Thank you Hannelore!
Apartment was comfortable, shower room is lovely, but not enough dining seating for more than 4 people. The location is two blocks away from where street scene photo's suggest, so view from front of property is over a car park not a small park area. There was a problem with the fridge-it froze all our food solid while we were out, Hannalore said she would get it looked at. It is at least a 15 minute walk to where you catch bus in to city and it can take up to 40 minutes for bus to get in if it is busy with traffic so the location was not as good as I expected and although we had no problems the area was a little intimidating.
Boy what a trip. Super storm Sandy greeted our arrival in NYC, and Hannelore's flat was incredibly located on the only block of the entire area with power. We weathered the storm inside her colorfully decorated flat, where she left emergency supplies for us. She checked in us everyday and was very helpful. We were lucky to have her as our host during a disaster.
Hannelore was a great host and the apartment was exactly as pictured. When we arrived, we were shown the place and Hannelore answered any question we had about the place and area. Bus stop half mile to get to Manhattan. Thank you Hannelore