About this listing
Location: Cannon Beach, Oregon
Accommodations: House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 baths (Sleeps 4)
Modern design meets cozy beach cabin. Our beautiful house sits at the foot of Ecola State park two blocks from the beach and a short walk from the center of Cannon Beach where you will find great shops and restaurants. The light and bright open floorplan is perfect for hanging out with friends and family. Surfers can walk to Chapman beach or take the short drive up to Indian Beach. Shortsands beach and Seaside are just 10 minutes away.
We rent the entire house so you'll have it to yourselves. The master bedroom has a King bed and pack and play. The second bedroom has a queen bed and crib. The third bedroom has a pullout queen and sits just off the living/dining. The third bedroom has french doors but is not as private as the Master and second bedroom.
Washer & Dryer
Sorry, no pets.
We rent our entire house so the place is all yours. There will be some of our personal items in the closets and the garage.
We have 3 night minimums over major holidays: Memorial Day Weekend, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
Renter (or Airbnb guest) agrees to the following terms and conditions which apply to the Renter and all guests in the Renter’s party.
1. DAMAGE DEPOSIT - Airbnb handles the security deposit with no additional fees charged to the guest. Airbnb will authorize the guest's credit card for the deposit amount of $250 within the 24 hours prior to the check in date. They void the deposit authorization 48 hours after the guest's check out date, unless they are notified by the host about specified damages, in which case they discuss the damages with the Renter prior to charging them. The Renter is responsible for any damage caused by the Renter or their guests during their stay, not limited to the amount of the damage deposit. The damage deposit is fully refundable provided the following provisions are met:
a. All charges accrued during the stay are paid including charges due to excessive cleaning requirements (below), damage caused by pets or smoking, missing items, or damage to equipment, fixtures, furnishings, appliances, or the building or its contents (beyond normal wear and tear).
b. Renter departs by the check-out time and follows departure procedures (below).
c. Renter has not been evicted by the owner or local law enforcement.
4. STORM POLICY - No refunds will be given for snow, storms or other weather conditions unless access to CANNON BEACH SURF HOUSE is prohibited due to road closures or evacuation notices within 50 miles from CANNON BEACH SURF HOUSE (this does not include road closures in the Portland Metro area).
5. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE - Check-in is flexible.
6. MINIMUM AGE - Renters under the age of 21 must be accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
7. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests is limited to four persons.
8. NO PETS
9. NO SMOKING - Please help us maintain a smoke free home.
10. TAX - Clatsop County and the State of Oregon requires an 8% Occupancy Tax which is added to all rental rates.
11. DEPARTURE - Please place refuse in the outdoor container, fill and start the dishwasher, turn down all thermostats, lock all doors and windows, and place all keys in the lock box.
12. CLEANING - CANNON BEACH SURF HOUSE will be thoroughly cleaned before your arrival including cleaning all towels, linens, kitchen items, bathrooms, floors, dusting, and detail. There is no daily maid service. Upon your departure, if the cleaning crew discovers excessive misuse of the house that requires more than one hour beyond the standard cleaning time, additional cleaning costs will be deducted from the damage deposit at the current hourly rate paid to the cleaners.
13. PARKING - Parking is limited to two vehicles and vehicles must be park in the gravel drive. Parking on the road is not permitted due to fire access. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing at the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
14. CONDUCT - Owners may immediately take possession in the manner provided by ORS (phone number hidden) if the Renter or anyone in the Renter’s party or control violates any local, state, or federal law when in or near CANNON BEACH SURF HOUSE, threatens to or inflicts personal injury upon the Owner or tenants, intentionally inflicts substantial damage to the premises, subleases the premises without the written permission of the Owner, or commits an act which is outrageous in extreme behavior.
15. DISCLAIMER - Renter and anyone in the Renter’s party or control agrees to use and occupy CANNON BEACH SURF HOUSE at Renter’s own risk shall hold harmless and indemnify Owner against any losses, liabilities, and claims arising out of or relating to this transaction including but not limited to injury or death of any person, property loss or damage, and claims caused directly or indirectly by weather, acts of nature, failure of heat, slipping, falling, or incidents related to fire, heaters, stoves, snow, or any unforeseeable circumstances. Owner is not responsible for loss or damage to Renter’s property, money, jewelry or valuables of any kind including items that are left after check-out.
We couldn't have asked for a more prompt or more responsive host than Ean in setting up our visit and then in dealing with one or two questions that arose during our 4 night stay. The home was clean, spacious and comfortable for the two of us, and it would easily have accommodated more residents. We especially loved the deck for our morning coffee and then again for our evening glass of wine, enjoying the quiet of the neighborhood as well as also being able to hear the soothingly muffled sound of the surf. At night, we appreciated the very efficient and easy-to-use fireplace for its warmth and ambience. We found the house well-located for our interests: beach access was an easy stroll to the northern, more "private" and less-used end, while town was a short, pleasant walk in the other direction. We had a great stay!
Ean's house is in a great location, and is nicely laid out with a very modern style. We really liked the way things were set up from the kitchen to the living area to the bedrooms. We had 4 adults and this space was perfect. The interior was clean and all of our needs were met.
The house is not far from the beach, just down the hill from the entry point. We were surprised with the warm weather we encountered! There is a nice deck in the front yard with an area to sit and visit. There was a small area in the back with a grill, but we did not try the grill outside. At the beach we watched surfers and found starfish, jelly fish, and muscles. The kitchen is huge, and we loved the roomy dining & common area. When we did eat out, we tried the Lumbar Yard. It was very yummy, good service and great prices. If you choose to bring your own food and cook, the kitchen is perfect. I'd recommend either stopping in Seaside for your food before you arrive.
If you do choose to rent, be sure to schedule in time for the required tidy up before you leave. This took us a few more hours than we originally planned.
We loved our stay at this perfect Cannon Beach cabin! The house itself is cozy and well-furnished, with an open plan that's great for down time. Plus it's kid friendly - with a crib, high chair, and even outlet covers! We enjoyed hanging out on the deck outside and grilling on the steel fire pit.
The location of this cabin is amazing - nestled in a quiet, wooded part of Cannon Beach, north of the center (it's about a 10 min walk into town) it's about 2 blocks to the best part of the beach. The sand dunes are beautiful, and there is good surf here in the right conditions!
We had such a great time and can't wait to stay here again soon! Thanks so much to Ean for opening up your beautiful surf shack to us!
I stayed at this cozy beach house for a week while I was writing a book. The atmosphere was fresh and uncluttered - perfect for someone trying to get away from the fray. The beach was only two blocks away and was very private. Cannon Beach is an adorable little town with everything a person needs, all within walking distance. The host was an excellent communicator and I felt very well taken care of. I'd definitely stay here again!
Thanks a ton!
This was my first Airbnb stay and I'm not sure it can get any better! The house was amazing. This was our first trip to the Oregon Coast and we chose 3 nights in Cannon Beach mostly because of the house-and I'm glad we did! Ean was a great host!!
Beautiful vacation property.
Pictures as advertised.
The beach is not very accessible from the property- will require a drive if you have kids.
Every time I rent through Airbnb, the experience is better, and this time was no exception. Ean's house was exactly as described in terms of comfort, style, amenities, and location. It was also immaculate - no dirty dishes here, no sheets that seem like they may not have been washed. It was, as promised, move-in ready. Although there were only four of us (two adults, two children), we all loved having the extra room off of the living room for a little more space (kids played in there often, husband and I got to read/talk in peace). Being so close to an amazing beach was also a big asset with two kids - when the weather was nice, we'd spend the whole day at the beach and still have the convenience of running back to the house with ease. Unfortunately, we didn't have great weather during half of our stay, which made us even more grateful we'd chosen this house because it would have been a total bummer to be indoors in a less cozy, stylish home (i.e., fireplace, comfy couch, room to spread out). As a host, Ean was very helpful throughout the reservation process and during our stay. When the cable was on the fritz, he called a tech to come by within an hour to fix the problem. Overall, we were very satisfied, and would comfortably recommend this rental for future Airbnb tenants. One plug for a local business: our 8-year old daughter had a great intro to surfing lesson with Lexie, from NW Women's Surf Camps. She had equipment for a beginner, and a terrific rapport with our daughter, who was up on the board after a half hour.