Elegant apartment in a vintage mansion in La Maddalena island, Sardinia, fully equipped, up to 7 people. Lounge, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, outdoor shower, kitchen terrace and private parking. A beautiful and comfortable holiday.
Elegant apartment in a vintage mansion in La Maddalena island, Sardinia, ITALY. Three spacious rooms, including lounge with a couch bed and two bedrooms, two bathrooms, outdoor shower, kitchen, fitted terrace for dining and relaxing, parking place (1 car).
The flat has washing machine, drying wrack, ironboard and iron, hair dryer. In the kitchen you’ll find stove, oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and all what is necessary for meals.
Supermarket only 200 mt far away.
Only few minutes driving leads to spectacular tropical landscapes with sandy beaches and a crystal clear sea. And every day it is possible to discover a new beach in the main island of La Maddalena and in the nearby Caprera, (where there is Garibaldi’s grave) linked by a bridge, sometimes without having to share it with anyone.
If this is not enough, it is possible to visit the island of Spargi by motorboat, or to make a full tour of the entire archipelago, in particular of the island of Budelli, famous all over the world for the rose beach, the only one in the Mediterranean formed from shells of that colour.
A holiday in the archipelago of La Maddalena offers much more: jogging, horse and quad rides of the nearly unpopulated island of Caprera, tennis courts, or the possibility of renting a rubber dinghy. Needless to say, the archipelago is an ideal environment for windsurf and sailing.
The picturesque and lively village offers all its guests many meeting places (bars and restaurants) often with WIFI Free Zone, to taste the Sardinian specialties, cheeses, cold cuts and cakes. And you must not lose 100% natural ingredients made ice cream, between City Hall and the church: try to believe.
On July 22th of each year is renewed the celebration of Santa Maria Maddalena, protectress of the island, with a procession on the sea.
Finally summer is animated by many cultural events organized by the City.
How to get there: La Maddalena is connected with the main island of Sardinia by frequent ferries departing from Palau. The closest airports are Olbia, (ab. 40 Km from Palau) and Alghero (ab. 150 Km). The Olbia region features also various ferry connections with a number of cities in Italy (Genova, Vado Ligure, Livorno, Piombino, Civitavecchia).
Minimum stay 3 nights
Additional costs (to pay cash at your arrival)
Final cleaning and check in/out service: 50 euro (but kitchen must be left clean or 20 more euro)
Only in case of late check in (after 8 pm): 30 euro
Linen not included, rental upon request (per person per week):
Each person sheet set 5 euro
Each person towel set 7 euro
Interaction with Guests
Guests can always contact us for any further information. In addition, Mrs. Dina is in place in case of need.
No pets allowed; no smoking indoor (there is a fitted balcony to do that comfortably)
No noise during rest hours (2-4 pm; after 10 pm)
Leave the kitchen clean
Respect the separate collection and dispose of waste in the bins in the street before leaving
Don't waste power, please. Switch off lights and electric devices you don't need or when you are not at home
In general the appartment as such was convenient, the bedrooms were ok and it was relatively clean, however on several points we were less satisfied. First of all the website gave us the impression that the appartement on the photo as a whole would be hired. However, only the right hand half of the house is the actual appartment. The left handed half is hired by other guests! This should be mentioned on the site.
Our main complaint however is the location, the appartment is located in a very busy street, one of the main roads on the island. And this appartment is situated at the road side of the house. This again is not mentioned on the site. Furthermore several minor things can be mentioned: broken doors of the shower cabine, hooks in the bathroom came of the wall, there were no beach chairs. Indoor there was only one couch, no other comfortable chairs. No wine and beer glasses available, no toilet paper and no welcome package, which most airbenb owners provide for guests who arrive late. Lamp bulbs in the bedroom and sink plugs were broken. Bedsheet with the wrong size for de double bed. New lamp bulbs and bedsheet were provided the same evening. We had to pay €48,- for the sheets and towels, on the website it says €10,- pp. Summarized: we were not very possitive about this appartment.
We are sorry that Carla diidn't enjoy her holiday.
We want certainly improve attention in offering a home equipped and comfortable.
However about her review we can say:
1. The property. She complains about misunderstanding that the flat isn't the entire villa. To be honest we specified " Elegant apartment in a vintage mansion", apartment, as it can be seen in the last picture "Appartamento 1". We didn't tell about garden (it is common), because it is not exclusive of the house. It seems to us enough clear, but we'll try to specify it in a better way.
2. The flat is next to a street. This is true, even if there is another lower building between the flat windows and the street. However it is not a main street of the island and there is no much trafic, especially at night. Other guests didn't complain about it (have a look at other reviews). However same noise can be too much for someone and not a problem for someother.
3. Broken things (doors of the shower cabine, hooks in the bathroom came of the wall) we are sorry but we didn't realize (previous guests didn't tell us). Mrs. Dina is always available about any problem (she is there every morning) and Carla could have tell her or my brother Bruno, who was in the next house. I know that Carla asked Bruno some info (bike rental); the same way she could ask him to solve problems that she had.
4. Indoor and outdoor furniture: pictures shows exacly all equipment (to be honest she found a beach umbrella that is not in the terrace pictures since we bought it before her arrival).
5. Linen cost. I updated linen cost from 10 to 12 euro per person per week. Maybe I did it after her booking (I really don't remember). In this case she should pay 40 and not 48 euro; however I reminded her 48 euro additional cost for linen acting in good faith and she agreed.
Great place in Madallena Island. House very confortable. Your friend Dina is wonderful. We are appeciate everything. Thank you very much.
My friends and I had a wonderful time in Giovanna's house in La Maddelena. The house was in a great location, central to the port, clean, large and well equipped for 7 guests. Giovanna's friend Dina was very helpful with any queries we had about the house and the town. The island itself is a wonderful holiday spot - pretty off the beaten track for most non-Italian tourists. I would definitely recommend this spot!
This host has 103 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
my name is Giovanna. I'm still in my forties and I have a family that I love.
I like meet new people and my host style is to help guests to feel at home, telling them main thigs to know about the flat, the neighborhood and Rome.
A holiday as being at home, as if my apartment would be a really second home of every guest.