* Great red line subway access: 11 minute walk to station
* Free Parking on-street by permit, 3 days, legal maximum
* Great location in Somerville, Boston's hippest neighborhood, between fun Davis and Porter squares, with easy access to Harvard, Lesley, and Tufts Universities.
* Porter and Davis are both very fun, cultural, safe, nice, and quiet neighborhoods. Many great restaurants, coffee shops, boutiques, vintage shops, bars, and music venues nearby.
* Right next to convenience store, 02 Yoga, 3 Little Figs (totally adorable, delicious cafe), jogging path.
* A large supermarket is 10 minutes away & open 24 hours.
* 30 minutes to downtown by subway, 15 by car. 20 min. drive from Boston Logan airport; 1 hr by public transit.
* Neighbors include Harvard faculty, and young professionals in bio-tech, finance, education, and IT.
* Clean private bedroom with Queen size bed. Comes with an in-room closet, writing desk, shelving unit, bath towels.
* Shared full bathroom with shower/bathtub.
* Please note your room is an interior room (no window).
* Please note we have a cat.
* Shared access to living room with CRT TV with over-the-air channels, A/C, coffee table, dining table for your light use.
* Full kitchen for light cooking; paid laundry in hall.
* Hosts are conscious of guests' need for privacy & quiet.
* The maximum that may stay in the apartment (including ourselves) would be 4. It is a 2 bedroom apartment.
* Free make-your-own Waffles!
* Free help-yourself breakfast as available: cereal, bread, OJ
* Free Coffee! Tea!
* Free Wi-Fi and over-the-air TV
* Free Parking on-street by permit (3 days, legal maximum)
* Free Map of our neighborhood with our favorite places
* Free Clean bath towels
* Free Hair Dryer to use (save luggage space!)
* Free Shared fridge, microwave, and stove/oven/toaster for light cooking. You may also use all dishes and cutlery.
* Free Use of spices and condiments.
* Free electrical adapters for overseas guests (accepts your UK or European style plugs).
* Your living area is very clean and renovated, but still has some some imperfections and quirks:
- Closet has personal items but you have space for hanging your clothes and leaving your luggage.
- One of the closet doors sticks
- Heating vents show their age
- Please note our guestroom is an interior room (no window)
- Please note we have a cat.
* Other visitors to the apartment include occasional cleaners. On rare occasions I may need to enter your room to grab a personal item or do a showing for a future guest. I will do my best to give a heads up as soon as I can, but ask for flexibility in the event of a last minute showing.
* You will be met by one of your hosts on arrival and provided a set of keys. We need a 1 hour time frame within which you will arrive, so we can meet. If your plans change, we will meet you as soon as possible, but there may be a delay. Please provide a cell phone number at which you can be reached.
* An additional guest may stay in room for an extra fee (please use the booking tool for pricing).
* We have one friendly, outgoing, vocal cat. If you do not like cats or are allergic, this is likely not the place for you.
I'm a graduate student at Harvard; My girlfriend is in academia. We are both easy going, nice, quiet, and sociable. We are usually busy studying or working. My hobbies are long distance running, travel in the former Soviet Union, and studying Russian; Her hobbies include reading fiction, attending concerts, and cooking.
We want you to get the service you expect so if you have any thoughts, comments or issues please advise us so we can make your stay nice : )
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$10 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Monthly Price:||$1600 /month|
|Check In:||4:00 PM|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
I stayed at the apartment for 3 nights.
The place is very neat and clean and the room is very comfortable
and serves your needs.
Nick and Katie are very good guests as they provided everything I needed for breakfast and clean sheets and towels.
Their cat is lovely and very quiet too.
The apartment's location is very convenient only 10 minutes from the red line subway.
Overall I loved my stay at the apartment and I would definitely recommended to a friend.
Katie was an excellent host! She was extremely flexible and organized, and her furry feline Supercat is the sweetest. Two thumbs up.
Nick and Katie have a great convenient & clean spot in Sommerville. Great communication for the entire stay, totally relaxing and hassle free.
I really had a great time in Boston. Nike and Katie are very friendly host. They showed my where I should go and visit. Their place is very neat and clean. Of course they have a lovely cat, Joy. She loved to hang out with me. I really want to come back and stay with them next time when I am in town
Nick and Katie's place was a perfect place to stay, the apartment was very clean and comfortable. The apartment is well located, just a bus ride to the T station, the neighborhood is great, quiet and very safe. Our hosts gave us good tips about where to go and what to do.
We would definitely stay with Nick and Katie again!
Nick and katie are nice and helpful hosts. Their appartement is located 10-15 min from the subway. The room does not have any window but we had full acess to the rest of the of apartment. It is a really convenient place for a stay in Boston/Harvard.
My boyfriend and I stayed with Nick and Katie over a weekend, and were so impressed with both the quality of the accommodations and the courtesy of our hosts. The room was clean, spacious, and exactly as described in the posting. Nick and Katie were extremely understanding of our need to arrive after midnight on our first night and provided detailed instructions to help us find the key. They were quiet, pleasant, and helpful for the duration of our stay. The best part was the little special touches they left for us: instructions for the waffle maker, instructions for the internet, and complimentary travel-size bath products. We would definitely stay here again the next time we visit Cambridge!
Nick and Katie were out of town on vacation for the duration of my stay, but they were extremely helpful and made themselves available to me in every way I could have needed.
The apartment is clean, spacious, and I felt right at home.
Our trip to Boston coincided with the city-wide lockdown, which unfortunately delayed our arrival by a couple of days. Nick and Katie continually reached out to us as we were trying to get into the city and were very flexible and understanding with the many changes in our arrival day and time. When we finally made it, Katie was there to greet us with a smile and made us feel right at home! The room was clean and comfortable and was set up with some great little items for Boston area travelers. One reason we were attracted to this posting was the stated proximity to Harvard - and it is close! We walked back and forth to Harvard every morning and evening, and the walk seemed quick, safe and easy. The Red Line was even closer, and we only had to travel a few stops to get right into the city. We would definitely stay here again! Thanks, Nick and Katie!
We met Katie in the building lobby and she graciously showed us to the clean apartment. The room was everything that they had advertised! The red line is a quick walk away and Davis Square was just down the street. We were actually in town for the Boston marathon and Katie had texted us out of concern after the bombings.. such a nice gesture. We really appreciated that. Thanks again Nick and Katie for the hospitality!