About this listing
This charming, newly remodeled studio cottage is your home away from home. It is located behind the main house and is equipped with everything you might need for a short getaway or a long stay. The location is ideal for travelers because we are one mile from the beach, downtown, UCSC, and hiking trails, and one block from restaurants, cafés, natural food store, and a beautiful community garden. For those who don't have cars, you can catch a bus or rent a bicycle right down the street.
The cottage was built in 1903 but has been upgraded to satisfy modern lifestyles. Amenities include:
- Fully stocked kitchen with antique O'Keefe and Merritt stove
- Private bathroom with tub
- Queen-size pillow top Simmons Back Care mattress
- Cable internet
- 32" LCD/HD TV with HBO
- Extra Aerobed for 1or 2 additional guests ($15/night per person)
- Pack n play for your little one
- Shared garden
- Gas barbecue
- Huge walk-in closet that many people use as a 'nest' for their children (it fits the aerobed).
- We ask that guests please be mindful of noise out of respect to neighbors.
- Street parking only- We will provide you with a guest pass. Please return it upon your departure.
About the Host, Noelle And Stuyvie
We have lived in Santa Cruz for the last ten years and every day we feel fortunate to call this beautiful town our home. We still love to explore local hidden treasures and indulge in the region's bountiful outdoor activities. You can also find us scoping out new eateries and hangout spots. With deep connections to France and Mexico (Noëlle was the first person in her family born in the US and Stuyvie was born and raised in Mexico City), as well as numerous traveling adventures throughout the world, we feel a kinship with travelers and are excited to share what we know about the region with them.
Noëlle is the Director of Education Programs at a non-profit that concentrates on local wetland conservation and Stuyvie teaches Sociology and Latin American/Latino Studies at UCSC. Passions include the outdoors, urban culture, international food, craft beer, small-batch bourbon, soccer, and playing music together.