About this listing
Welcome to Le Petit Pluvier, Genêts and the Bay of the Mont Saint-Michel! Come and be seduced by the nature, gastronomy and culture of our village and the Bay.
In the house you will find :
• Kitchen : fully equipped modern kitchen with oven, induction plates, fridge, freezer, cooking utensils, coffee machine, toaster, kettle and free coffee, sugar and tea
• Living and dining area : open fireplace, sofa/double bed, bookcase, tv, books, games, table and chairs
• Bedroom : double bed, chest of drawers, hanging closet with mirror, bedside tables and reading lamps
• Bathroom : shower, sink, toilet, heated towel rack, chest of drawers
• Bedroom : a bed that can be set up as either a single or a double or 2 separate singles, bedside tables. Another single can be set up.
• free wifi
• washing machine/dryer
• iron and ironing board
• vacuum, mop and cleaning supplies
• dish rack and tea towels
• parking is on street
• bed linen (beds will be made for you)
• free soap and toilet paper
• hair dryer
• free coffee, tea and sugar
• baby bed (foldable)
• baby high chair
• baby bath
Please note our price for two people is for a couple requiring a double bed. An extra 12€ will apply for 2 people requiring 2 seperate beds. We supply our bed linen for free and make the beds for you. Thanks for understanding.
The entire house is yours to enjoy! We do not live on the premises, but in the village next door, so we are never far in case you need something!
Interaction with Guests
We will be there to greet you upon arrival, explain everything you need to know and answer any questions you might have. Depending on our schedules, we can meet you again when you leave, but otherwise we will leave you in peace to enjoy your stay!
Genêts is a quaint little village typical of the area with it's old stone houses that date back many hundreds of years.
It's peaceful and situated in the bay with fantastic views on the Mont Saint-Michel and Tombelaine, a bird reserve. It's very picturesque and there are plenty of walks around.
The salt marshes ("les grèves") are home to many species of bird and of course the famous sheep of the Bay of Mont Saint Michel ("moutons de pré-salé").
Our favourite restaurants in the village are "La Pause des Genêts" an original and quaint restaurant run by a fun couple, the food is to die for, "Le Petit Navire" another cosy restaurant owned by a sweet couple who serve delicious home cooked meals. And "Chez François" who cooks his locally sourced meat on the open fire in front of you. We are lucky to have such great restaurants in our village! We have other favourite spots in the nearby towns we can also recommend so don't hesitate to ask us!
There is also a bakery a few meters away to grab some fresh bread, yummy pastries and home made ice cream! Next door is a small convenient shop to grab supplies and an ATM machine.
The village has a river, a water mill, an 11th century church with a lovely garden and of course the famous guided walks across the bay to the Mont Saint Michel which leave from the beach at Bec d'Andaine. If you are lucky you might fall on one of the village fairs.
Best way is by car but there is a bus route and a bus stop a few meters from the house.
The nearest train stations are Avranches and Granville from where you can catch a bus or taxi.
Other Things to Note
There is so much to do and see in our region, here are only a few suggestions
• We are near the Mont Saint-Michel and are located in the village from which you can walk across the bay to the Mont. This is a truly unique way of discovering the Mont and it's bay with an experienced guide.
• Granville, a lovely old port town with antique shops and quaint cafes as well as the Christian Dior museum and from Granville you can catch a boat to the island of Chausey, a great place to spend the day hiking or lazing on the beach.
• Learn more about the Mont Saint-Michel and it's famous manuscripts at the Scriptorial museum in Avranches.
• The beautiful maritime city of Saint-Malo with it's port, ramparts, old streets, lovely beaches and Aquarium is definately worth the visit.
• On the way stop at Cancale for some great seafood and it's famous oysters.
• Dinard, Dinan and Rennes, famed for their history and architecture are must see towns.
• We are only 2 hours from the D-Day Landing Beaches and cemeteries and from Bayeux and it's famous tapestry.
• There are abbeys, old churches, quaint villages, beautiful forests, great beaches, many lovely walks and hikes, zoos and fun parks for the children, the casino, fairs, shows, antique shops, artists...
• And there is no shortage of fun activities like horseback riding, boating, hot air balloon rides, paragliding, parachuting, water sports, sailing, fishing, kayaking, tennis, biking, rock climbing and much more...
We can help you organize any of these activities if you wish or help guide you in the right direction.
See you soon!
•In an effort to keep our prices down we do not automatically charge you with the 45€ cleaning fee. This gives you the choice to clean the house yourselves (products and equipment provided for free) or pay for the service upon departure.
•Wood for the chimney : 15 euros
•Please no smoking inside the house and no butts on the street.
•We will be as flexible as possible with arrival time but please inform us if you will be arriving earlier or later than convened.
•Arrivals after 9:30pm : 25€
Thank you !