Very private and discreet room, with its own en suite bathroom. Your hosts are very knowledgeable and helpful with directions and information for all of NYC.
A quiet oasis just steps away from Smith Street, one of Brooklyn’s preeminent streets for dining, nightlife, and shopping—and just 15 minutes from Manhattan.
We offer a a private room with en suite bath (260 sq ft, 24 m2). It’s located on the entrance level of a three-story loft-like house in Brownstone Brooklyn. On the same floor are the kitchen and the deck, overlooking a large garden.
The building is a three-story row house in a historically-landmarked area.
• Large, light-filled, airy two-story high kitchen and a spacious deck.
• Upper floors are the hosts' private quarters.
• WiFi throughout the house.
• Hardwood floors throughout (including kitchen).
• Interesting art and photography throughout; mid-century modern furniture combined eclectically with antiques and ethnic pieces.
• Light breakfast (toast, bagels, fruit, coffee) provided.
• Very close to the subway (see below).
The guest room is very private and spacious; it's off the entry hallway, so you don't have to go through any rooms to get to it.
• Fully furnished with a double bed, high-quality cotton (warm weather) or cotton flannel (cold weather) sheets.
• Free WiFi in bedroom and throughout the house.
• En suite bathroom with tub/shower, supplied with a hair dryer, various soaps and shampoos (if you've forgotten yours), towels, and washcloths.
• Cable/smart TV; DVD/video library; CD player; radio/iPhone charger.
• Armoire and other storage.
• Guide books for reference and use while you're here, as well as a host-compiled list of local restaurants, stores, services, entertainment, etc.
• High ceiling with ceiling fan.
Guests have access to the ground floor of the house: the guest room and bath; the kitchen, where you can have a light breakfast, but to which cooking privileges aren't extended; and the deck, which is open to the kitchen in warm weather.
We respect your privacy, and we're sure you will respect ours; the house is ideally set up for that. We're available for help with getting around the city, recommending interesting things to do, and orienting you to the neighborhood. One of us is usually at home for any questions you might have. We like to interact but not to interfere.
Boerum Hill combines all the conveniences of an urban neighborhood, the sophistication of Brooklyn foodie heaven, and quick access to art, shopping, and sightseeing.
• A half block away from Smith Street, with restaurants of practically every cuisine and price range. Clothing and item stores, food emporia, bookstores, pharmacies, etc. line Smith and the next street over, Court Street.
• Two cinemas (a small multiplex playing a wide range of first-run films; a megaplex playing major first-run releases) are a 10-minute walk. The BAM Rose Cinema (independent and repertory films) is a 20-minute walk.
• The Brooklyn Promenade and Brooklyn Heights neighborhood are 10 minutes away.
• Brooklyn Bridge Park and the DUMBO district are 25 minutes on foot, 5 minutes by subway.
• The Brooklyn Academy of Music (performance, cinema) is a 20-minute walk; the Barclays Center is in the same area.
• Park Slope and Prospect Park are 10 minutes away by subway, about 30 minutes on foot.
• The Brooklyn Museum and the Brooklyn Botanic Garden are 20 minutes on the subway, about 40 minutes on foot.
We are a block and a half away from the F and G lines of the subway. The A, C, N, R, 2, 3, 4, and 5 lines are either a transfer one stop away or a 5- to 10-minute walk from the house. Williamsburg, Dumbo, Bushwick, Park Slope, and other sections of Brooklyn are within easy reach.
We’re close to everything in Manhattan, too:
• 15-20 minutes on the subway: Chinatown, Lower East Side, East Village, Wall Street, World Trade Center, Tribeca, SoHo, NoLita, Greenwich Village, Chelsea.
• 25 minutes on the subway: Midtown.
• 30-35 minutes on the subway: Upper West Side and Upper East Side.
Transportation to our house from the area's major airports is easy. Taxi service is available from Newark Liberty Airport, LaGuardia, and JFK. In addition, there is public transportation from Newark and JFK. Port Authority Bus Terminal, Penn Station, and Grand Central Station are a subway ride away. We can provide you with directions. There is also on-street parking.
This is a lovely place- the room is spacious and spotless, the bed very comfortable, and it's very quiet. The kitchen/dining area is spectacular, with a deck that overlooks several backyard gardens. Silvano and Craig are gracious hosts who are eager to help out in any way. The neighborhood is full of nice cafés, restaurants and shopping opportunities. The subway is only two blocks away.
Hotels, be afraid! Be very afraid! With hosts of the likes of Silvano and Craig, you will be out of business very quickly! Beautiful, clean room. Very well situated. We felt at home far away :-)
Great Hosts, that did not spare any effort to make our stay as comfortable and possible.
Our stay with Silvano and Craig was exactly what we were looking for! The room was extremely spacious, and the en suite bathroom a definite bonus. Silvano and Craig were very welcoming and friendly. We stayed busy during the trip so we did not get to see them much, but when we did, we had great conversations about our shared interests - especially food! We would definitely recommend their place and hope to return again when the weather is nice enough to enjoy their beautiful back yard and garden.
Our first time in New York and Silvanos and Craigs home just has been the perfect choice to stay with. They are great hosts, have a lovely place and are really helpful and friendly. Teir house is perfect located with a lot's of good restaurants and shops right around the corner.
We had an awesome time and will definitely come back!
Silvano was really quick on replying to my request and confirmed my stay very quickly.
The house is perfectly located close to a subway stop and near shopping, dining, and other amenities.
Silvano and Craig were great hosts. They had several neighborhood and citywide recommendations for me. The room itself was very cozy and perfect.
Silvano and Craig were wonderful hosts and I highly recommend connecting with them if you are searching for an affordable centrally located spot to stay during your trip. On top of the great accommodations, I also really enjoyed chatting with Silvano and Craig upon my arrival and the evening and morning hours.
This is the second visit for my mum staying with Silvano and, once more, Silvano was a gracious and accommodating host, with great communication skills! My mum feels very comfortable staying with Silvano and would highly recommend his place. She says she is already looking forward to her next visit!
Silvano and Craig were wonderful hosts. Besides being friendly and informative about the area, they were also flexible and willing to accommodate me based on my travel plans. Their place has everything that a traveler could want, and it situated in an ideal location - close to the subway and centrally located to some great bars and restaurants.
i'm not sure if there's anything left to say about silvano and craig--they're the best! we love staying with them when we visit NYC!
This was our first time using Airbnb and it was an excellent experience. Silvano and Craig went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed, yet maintained our privacy as well. They are exceptional hosts. And the room itself was delightful, filled with interesting artwork and lots of books, as well as all the amenities. We will be staying there again.
Great location, lovely room, welcoming and gracious hosts. Highly recommended. Dorreen and Bill
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.