About this listing
Very private and discreet room, with its own en suite bathroom in the center of Brownstone Brooklyn. Your hosts are very knowledgeable and helpful with directions and information for all of NYC.
A quiet oasis just steps away from Smith Street, one of Brooklyn’s preeminent streets for dining, nightlife, and shopping—and just 15 minutes from Manhattan.
We offer a a private room with en suite bath (260 sq ft, 24 m2). It’s located on the entrance level of a three-story loft-like house in Brownstone Brooklyn. On the same floor are the kitchen and the deck, overlooking a large garden.
The building is a three-story row house in a historically-landmarked area.
• Large, light-filled, airy two-story high kitchen and a spacious deck.
• Upper floors are the hosts' private quarters.
• WiFi throughout the house.
• Hardwood floors throughout (including kitchen).
• Interesting art and photography throughout; mid-century modern furniture combined eclectically with antiques and ethnic pieces.
• Light breakfast (toast/bagels, fruit, tea/coffee) provided.
• Very close to the subway (see below).
The guest room is very private and spacious; it's off the entry hallway, so you don't have to go through any rooms to get to it.
• Fully furnished with a double bed, high-quality cotton (warm weather) or cotton flannel (cold weather) sheets.
• Free WiFi in bedroom and throughout the house.
• En suite bathroom with tub/shower, supplied with a hair dryer, various soaps and shampoos (if you've forgotten yours), towels, and washcloths.
• Cable/smart TV; DVD/video library; CD player; radio; iPhone charger.
• Armoire and other storage.
• Guide books for reference and use while you're here, as well as a host-compiled list of local restaurants, stores, services, entertainment, etc.
• High ceiling with ceiling fan.
Guests have access to the ground floor of the house: the guest room and bath; the kitchen, where you can have a light breakfast, but to which cooking privileges aren't extended; and the deck, which is open to the kitchen in warm weather.
Interaction with Guests
We respect your privacy, and we're sure you will respect ours; the house is ideally set up for that. We're available for help with getting around the city, recommending interesting things to do, and orienting you to the neighborhood. One of us is usually at home for any questions you might have. We like to interact but not to interfere.
Boerum Hill combines all the conveniences of an urban neighborhood, the sophistication of Brooklyn foodie heaven, and quick access to art, shopping, and sightseeing.
• A half block away from Smith Street, with restaurants of practically every cuisine and price range. Clothing and item stores, food emporia, bookstores, pharmacies, etc. line Smith and the next street over, Court Street.
• Two cinemas (a small multiplex playing a wide range of first-run films; a megaplex playing major first-run releases) are a 10-minute walk. The BAM Rose Cinema (independent and repertory films) is a 20-minute walk.
• The Brooklyn Promenade and Brooklyn Heights neighborhood are 10 minutes away.
• Brooklyn Bridge Park and the DUMBO district are 25 minutes on foot, 5 minutes by subway.
• The Brooklyn Academy of Music (performance, cinema) is a 20-minute walk; the Barclays Center is in the same area.
• Park Slope and Prospect Park are 10 minutes away by subway, about 30 minutes on foot.
• The Brooklyn Museum and the Brooklyn Botanic Garden are 20 minutes on the subway, about 40 minutes on foot.
We are a block and a half away from the F and G lines of the subway, a two minute walk. Other lines (A, C, N, R, 2, 3, 4, 5) are either a transfer one stop away or a 5- to 10-minute walk from the house. Williamsburg, Dumbo, Bushwick, Park Slope, and other sections of Brooklyn are within easy reach.
We’re close to everything in Manhattan, too:
• 15-20 minutes on the subway: Chinatown, Lower East Side, East Village, Wall Street, World Trade Center, Tribeca, SoHo, NoLita, Greenwich Village, Chelsea.
• 25 minutes on the subway: Midtown.
• 30-35 minutes on the subway: Upper West Side and Upper East Side.
Other Things to Note
Transportation to our house from the area's major airports is easy. Taxi service is available from Newark Liberty Airport, LaGuardia, and JFK. In addition, there is public transportation from Newark and JFK. Port Authority Bus Terminal, Penn Station, and Grand Central Station are a subway ride away. We can provide you with directions. There is also on-street parking.
1. Arrival is after 2 pm and departure before 11 am. We are flexible about these hours depending on whether other guests are leaving/arriving that day.
2. At least one guest must be over 21. A mature, older teenager accompanied by a parent/guardian is fine. Regretfully, we cannot accommodate children.
3. If leaving the house early or returning late (or vice versa!), please be considerate of us and our neighbors and be quiet.
4. If it’s raining when you come in, please remove your shoes in the outer hallway.
5. Put any books, tapes, or magazines back where you found them.
6. Turn off lights and ceiling fan when leaving the house; if your laptop is charged, please don’t leave the charging cord plugged in.
7. There Is an array of guidebooks in the room for your use. Please remember to leave them at the end of your stay.
8. Instructions for using WiFi, TV, and other equipment are in the room.
9. The use of the kitchen for cooking isn't available.
10. Smoking is not allowed, either inside the house or on the deck and outside spaces.
My in-laws stayed with Silvano and Craig for 2 weeks recently and they really enjoyed their visit. They were made to feel immediately comfortable and welcome and this continued for their entire visit. Lovely garden and deck that can also be enjoyed. Thanks as always, Silvano and Craig!
Mon frère et moi sommes allé à New York pour son voyage de fin d étude. C'était une surprise pour lui qui ne savait pas la destination. Mais aussi pour moi car malgré de nombreux échanges, j allais enfin découvrir la maison, silvano et graig.
Je vais commencer par graig et silvano qui sont deux adorables personnes qui connaissent le sens réel des mots accueillir, partage, et respect. Ils ont été au petit soin avec nous tout le long du séjour tout en respectant notre vie. Merci encore pour ce parfait séjour ! Vous êtes des gens extra !
Pour ce qui est de la maison, elle est grande, décorée avec goût et très agréable après une journée mouvementé ! Le jardin est superbe avec ses petits écureuils ( désolé silvano, on les adore ! )
La maison est idéalement située et proche de tout et au calme !
Voyage parfait en tout point ! Merci graig pour tes salades de fruits frais du matin, nos discussions et merci silvano pour ta gentillesse !
Romain et marion
Nous VOUS remercions!
TRANSLATION: My brother and I went to New York to celebrate his graduation from Law School. It was a surprise for him; he didn’t know where we were going. But it was also a surprise for me, because, even though we’d had numerous exchanges, I was going to finally discover this house, Silvano, and Craig. I’ll start with Silvano and Craig, who are two lovely people who know the true sense of the words “welcome,” “sharing,” and “respect.” During our whole stay, they showed concern for the details of our daily life. Thanks again for this perfect stay! You are so great! As far as the house is concerned, it’s large, tastefully decorated, and very comfortable after a day moving around the city. The garden is wonderful, with its little squirrels (sorry, Silvano, we love them!). The house is ideally located and close to everything; it’s a calming place. A perfect trip on every count! Thanks, Craig, for the fruit salads in the morning and our talks; and thanks, Silvano, for your kindness! Romain and Marion
Et fantastisk sted i det dejlige Brooklyn.
Vi blev mødt med en utrolig gæstfrihed og hjælpsomhed, og følte os meget hjemme og velkommen i deres dejlige hus.
Dejligt morgenmad i haven sammen med dem, hvor vi fik dagens tips.
De er begge meget åbne og hjælpsomme.
Vi kan varmt anbefale at bo hos netop dem i Brooklyn, når man tur til New York.
TRANSLATION: A great place in lovely Brooklyn. We were offered incredible hospitality and help, and felt very much at home and welcome in their lovely house. Nice breakfast in the garden with our hosts where we got tips for our day's plans. They are both very open and helpful. We highly recommend staying with them in Brooklyn when you travel to New York.
Silvano and Craig were absolutely wonderful hosts in a fantastic area of Brooklyn!
Great hospitality, great friendliness in that beautiful charming townhouse in Brooklyn! Bedroom and bathroom are not only spacious, but furnished and decorated with great sense of taste, and well fit out with many details you appreciate as a guest. A place to feel at home! I found maps, brochures, advices for restaurants and touristic highlights and the willingness to be open for all my questions and to support me in planning and booking events. I can’t hardly imagine a more pleasant and perfect base to explore New York.
Silvano and Craig are gorgeous, and our airbnb experience with them was just the best!
They were helpful, generous, interested in our experience of their city and always happy to have a chat about our day. And each morning we enjoyed a plentiful and tasty breakfast along with good conversation.
The room was spotless, comfortable and private. We loved the location with easy access to all parts of Brooklyn and a quick trip into Manhattan on the subway. There were lots of restaurants and bars close by and interesting little shops along Smith and Court streets. We also enjoyed exploring other parts of Brooklyn and Williamsburg.
Thanks Craig and Silvano. You helped make our visit a memorable one!
Silvano and Craig were excellent hosts. Their home was lovely and they did everything they could to make me feel welcome. Although I WAS staying in their home with them, the room and bath were far enough removed that I really felt I had my privacy. They also went the extra mile by providing print outs with great recommendations. I also appreciated the clear communication and clear definitions in regards to the processes and procedures of the household. The location was fantastic and all was exactly as described. I would definitely recommend to my friends.
About the Host, Silvano
I'm an accessories designer and graphics production manager; my husband is a writer. We have lived in Brownstone Brooklyn over 20 years, since moving here from San Francisco. We're interested in the arts, politics, design, travel, and food. We're lucky to have a wonderful, gracious home and to be able to share it with you.